CF-WRUP IV: play stuff, talk about it.

Take me Kong to the New Donk City where the bananas aren't green and the girls are Diddy.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: CF-WRUP IV: play stuff, talk about it.

Post#426 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:54 pm

Delthazar wrote:Fire Emblem Heroes just gave me 17 orbs and 10k feathers for some raisin so that's cool.

Apparently there was some "quick hero battle" promotion that I didn't know about either, and people got a certain amount of points, and that was the max reward. What's weird is I never heard about it despite playing every day, and the battles aren't in the app itself, but an external link (that only works on phones).

Delthazar
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Post#427 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:00 pm

It's enough feathers that I can now 5* one of my many, many 4* units. Just gotta decide which one. Meaning, I'll never do it, because choice paralysis is overwhelming.

Bier_Engel

Post#428 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:51 am

Haha, I looked up a chart of the best units last night (surprisingly, one of my favorites got a low rank). I'm now deciding whether to 5 star Nino or Nowi. I almost have enough for both, though.

Delthazar
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Post#429 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:50 pm

I might hold off on spending those feathers for now in the hopes that I summon a Delthea or something, but promoting my Tharja would be almost as powerful, so I dunno. Unless I start messing with the arena I doubt it matters much.

I only have one blue mage and it's fuckin' Odin.

Bier_Engel

Post#430 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:07 pm

Tharja is very good, so I'd recommend doing that. Odin ranks high but in my experience, he's subpar (mine is only 4 star, though).

Edit: Playing around with my high-rated 4-star contenders for a rank up and man, Leon is actually stealing the show. I have a lot of archers already and since all archers are colorless, he was sort of at the bottom of my list, but not only is he kicking ass, but he's a canonically gay character in Echoes that's treated very well by both the writing and other characters alike. He's fucking slaying literally and figuratively. I guess I should stop caring about how many archers I already have if he's that good.

The other contender is male Robin (blue mage). I'm probably at parity with green and blue mages, so promoting him above Nino (who isn't doing as well as her ranking suggests, honestly) won't kill me. At least they aren't fucking red.

Delthazar

Post#431 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:54 pm

Hope I can pull a Nephenee, she looks cool. Even if I'm already up to my balls in lancers.

Bier_Engel

Post#432 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:07 am

I vaguely remember liking her in her game but it's also been years since I've played it.

Flarecake
Never Stops Winning Too Much, Again / CF-NHL Technical Champion 2016

Post#433 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:56 am

Nephenee was a freaking badass in the game! She kills all the things; it's great. Plus she's adorkable with her shame of her accent, which they localized as a hillbilly Southern accent.

Bier_Engel

Post#434 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:17 pm

Made some pretty good progress on Nocturne this weekend. 2nd Kalpa finally complete, which was a bitch because I needed a written walkthrough, and then a video once that stopped making sense, and a map of the 3rd basement... sigh. But that money from the cursed hallway made it all worth it, as now I can fuse good demons and resummon the old ones I still want without going broke. Got the latest fiends due to the deathstones, too.

Then I beat 2/3 of the next available fiends after that, beat the puzzle boy's challenges (yes, I cheated) and now I'm pretty high up in the Obelisk.

Return to “NEW DONK CITY”