CF-WRUP IV: play stuff, talk about it.

Take me Kong to the New Donk City where the bananas aren't green and the girls are Diddy.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: CF-WRUP IV: play stuff, talk about it.

Post#426 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:54 pm

Delthazar wrote:Fire Emblem Heroes just gave me 17 orbs and 10k feathers for some raisin so that's cool.

Apparently there was some "quick hero battle" promotion that I didn't know about either, and people got a certain amount of points, and that was the max reward. What's weird is I never heard about it despite playing every day, and the battles aren't in the app itself, but an external link (that only works on phones).

Delthazar
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Post#427 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:00 pm

It's enough feathers that I can now 5* one of my many, many 4* units. Just gotta decide which one. Meaning, I'll never do it, because choice paralysis is overwhelming.

Bier_Engel

Post#428 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:51 am

Haha, I looked up a chart of the best units last night (surprisingly, one of my favorites got a low rank). I'm now deciding whether to 5 star Nino or Nowi. I almost have enough for both, though.

Delthazar
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Post#429 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:50 pm

I might hold off on spending those feathers for now in the hopes that I summon a Delthea or something, but promoting my Tharja would be almost as powerful, so I dunno. Unless I start messing with the arena I doubt it matters much.

I only have one blue mage and it's fuckin' Odin.

Bier_Engel

Post#430 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:07 pm

Tharja is very good, so I'd recommend doing that. Odin ranks high but in my experience, he's subpar (mine is only 4 star, though).

Edit: Playing around with my high-rated 4-star contenders for a rank up and man, Leon is actually stealing the show. I have a lot of archers already and since all archers are colorless, he was sort of at the bottom of my list, but not only is he kicking ass, but he's a canonically gay character in Echoes that's treated very well by both the writing and other characters alike. He's fucking slaying literally and figuratively. I guess I should stop caring about how many archers I already have if he's that good.

The other contender is male Robin (blue mage). I'm probably at parity with green and blue mages, so promoting him above Nino (who isn't doing as well as her ranking suggests, honestly) won't kill me. At least they aren't fucking red.

Delthazar

Post#431 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:54 pm

Hope I can pull a Nephenee, she looks cool. Even if I'm already up to my balls in lancers.

Bier_Engel

Post#432 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:07 am

I vaguely remember liking her in her game but it's also been years since I've played it.

Flarecake
Never Stops Winning Too Much, Again / CF-NHL Technical Champion 2016

Post#433 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:56 am

Nephenee was a freaking badass in the game! She kills all the things; it's great. Plus she's adorkable with her shame of her accent, which they localized as a hillbilly Southern accent.

Bier_Engel

Post#434 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:17 pm

Made some pretty good progress on Nocturne this weekend. 2nd Kalpa finally complete, which was a bitch because I needed a written walkthrough, and then a video once that stopped making sense, and a map of the 3rd basement... sigh. But that money from the cursed hallway made it all worth it, as now I can fuse good demons and resummon the old ones I still want without going broke. Got the latest fiends due to the deathstones, too.

Then I beat 2/3 of the next available fiends after that, beat the puzzle boy's challenges (yes, I cheated) and now I'm pretty high up in the Obelisk.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post#435 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:59 pm

In looking at the trophy list, I am so not platinuming Knack! Normal was annoying enough. I like the game fine, but the difficulty due to BS enemy patterns is ridiculous. I hear 2 is better in that regard.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post#436 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:29 pm

Destiny 2's all right.

Delthazar

Post#437 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:31 pm

I've been trying to convince myself to avoid it, but I might cave. I assume you got the PS4 version? Pfft.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post#438 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:35 pm

Xbone, actually. I only played/watched a little D1, but it's basically a less clunky version of that.

Delthazar

Post#439 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:32 pm

I'm also tempted to try Everybody's Golf. Hot Shots was totally my jam years and years ago.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post#440 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:16 pm

Playing Devil's Daughter. It took some patience (and some lack there of) and many tries, but I got a perfect 300 in Darts.

Edit: Hmm. It doesn't save your high score. It just resets to 150 if you leave and come back.

Delthazar

Post#441 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:10 pm

Man, I don't like any of the characters in the current voting gauntlet. I guess I'll back Big Tiki and flip coins after she inevitably loses to the loli thing.

I'm determined to pull the new Azura. My depth for greens is still low and dance skills seem to have crazy utility, so she could possibly even replace Anna on my main Bae Squad. Even the new Olivia would be nice, but I don't really need depth on greys as badly and all dagger users seem pretty meh. Mainly the new design is just way better than her normal one.

Bier_Engel

Post#442 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:07 am

I'm on team Ninian. If you're not familiar with her, she's a dance unit, and a pretty sturdy one at that. I'm also assuming one of the Tikis will win, though.

I really want any of the performing arts units but my 3 focuses have been failures. Even last night, I pulled a 5 Star Ephraim, but I already had 2 of him :/

Delthazar

Post#443 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:09 am

Heh, I pulled an Azura right after that last post. :pac She's really good. Totally makes up for the constant stream of useless 3* Felicias and Jagens the summoning has been throwing at me for days or weeks on end.

Also the Overwatch halloween event is on again and some of the new event skins are fucking great

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#444 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:23 am

To be fair, that Reaper skin would be amazing.

Bier_Engel

Post#445 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:28 pm

Near the end of Nocturne now. I know the Mot boss is notorious for being cheap (and I've seen video) but I beat him on the first try with no problem. I actually had more trouble with the boss after (to be fair, I didn't read up on a strategy beforehand like I did with Mot, though) who casts both light and dark instant death spells, and my party didn't have any protection from either one. An easy fix was to fuse a demon with Tetraja and cast that every turn, so I still did that without outside advisory. The boss after that was also tough and I struggled, but at least beat it on the first try.

Bier_Engel

Post#446 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:08 pm

Thor, the Dante chase in the 3rd Kalpa gives me too much anxiety. If there's anything I hate in a game, it's time limits, and being chased (and the being chased is like a time limit in a way) so NOPE. Guess I'll watch the true demon ending on Youtube and forego the benefits of the later Kalpas :/

Delthazar

Post#447 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:49 am

Before the Storm Episode 2 unlocked at midnight on the PS4, so that's what I've been up to for the last five or six hours. Granted I tend to be a slow and overly thorough player, but it's definitely a longer episode than most, probably on par with LiS Episode 4. I'll get some sleep and let it decompress a little.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#448 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:43 am

Nice! It came out at like 5am this morning here, so later today I'll get stuck in.

Delthazar

Post#449 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:32 pm

I'm not 100% satisfied with some of my decisionmaking so maybe I'll do another run.

Also I can't tell if one of the graffiti spots is bugged or if I'm just blind.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#450 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:43 pm

Life is Strange (in general) is one of those games where I don't feel right about making different choices in a second playthrough. If/when I play LiS1 again I'll try to do everything the same as my first time, because I strongly feel like that is my Max's story.

Also making bad decisions is Chloe's MO :pac

Return to “NEW DONK CITY”