[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Nintendo Got Thirsty

Post by Delthazar » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:40 pm

Heh, Twitter had supposed neutral stats up seconds after I posted that.

e: new Alfonse and new Catria are cavalry now and that alone probably makes 'em both more useful than their base versions.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:00 am

I was prepared to burn my orbs on Kagero, only to get her in my first draw!

Looking into her stats she seems to be +HP/-ATK which sounds like a bad deal so maybe I'll get greedy and fish again.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:58 am

Lucky. Burned about 30 orbs and got junk.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:10 am

I somehow managed to pull both Catria and Kagero within about 40 orbs or so of my 80-ish stash.

Still not in the habit of checking IVs yet I take screenshots like these anyway, pfft.

31 days left in the banner with both remaining units being the same colour probably means I'll end up with the full set this time.

Kagero's Live for Honor skill is so weirdly specific, boosting badge drops from training tower maps by 1.5x on survival. I can't imagine most people will keep that equipped for long.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:36 am

Your Kagero is +ATK/-SPD, and your Catria looks to be IV neutral.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:57 am

I fished for Spring!Sharena for a bit and ended up pulling a Rhajat. Now I'm stuck because Bunny!Sharena is so cute but between Nino and Rhajat I'm pretty good on green mages.

I'm looking at testing out a 'Murder Mage' team of Rhajat / Arvis / Ursula since they all seem to take pleasure in hurting others. Undecided on the 4th spot.

Tap Battle is back! I changed my tap team to Soleil / Nowi / Odin / Serra, since they all sound like they're having fun or are just super extra. Serra is my personal favourite shouting out "Take pity on little ol me!" and "Very very mean of you!" as she bops them away.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:25 pm

Rhajat is designed to fuck up cavalry, and she might be the only mage (or maybe even the only ranged unit full-stop?) who can do that out of the box. That gives her a pretty rock solid niche versus other green mages in my opinion, so she's almost always in active rotation over here.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:25 pm

So I went against my own advice and got greedy. I pulled a bunch more on this banner (green and grey) and got a second S!Kagero.... with exactly the same IV. Was thinking of merging them until someone mentioned giving her carrot to another fighter! So now I have carrots on all Kageros. The carrot is also refinable, so certainly a boost to her regular version.

I continued to be greedy though, and kept pulling for Sharena because she's like perfect... cute and fun and doing her best and just wants to help everyone. Fallen!Celica is a power unit, but I feel like Bun Bun Sharena fits me better. So yeah I pulled some more, dropped a little cash, pulled some more, worried about getting pity broken by Alphonse... but it was meant to be! So yeah, my avatar character will probably be Spring!Sharena for quite a while if not forever.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:27 pm

Uncle Reggie is proud of you.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:33 pm

Yeah, throw that money at Apple and Nintendo - gotta support the up and comers!

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:12 pm

I've yet to spend real money on this game, but I've been tempted. That said, just bought a car, so I'm the brokest I've been in quite some time and can't really justify it, even if I'm not actually *broke* broke. Also, getting my brakes done tomorrow, so that's more money.

Plus, it's reassuring to know that the seasonal units do sometimes come back in the legendary banners, now.

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:11 pm

Having now come to the conclusion that Opera Omnia sucks giant, rancid monkey balls, and Fire Emblem tips?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:01 am

The first Heroes tip, obvs, would be to plumb through this thread for our friend codes and add us all. I'm at 7250204520. (FEH has no actual guild functions but it would be cool if it did.)

As for real tips...

1) you can spend orbs to upgrade yer castle up to five times, which gets you XP bonuses, so you might wanna do that early if you feel leveling yer units is too slow. (Or just throw all yer orbs down the summoning hole.)

2) the story maps and paralogues are mostly all pretty easy and sometimes unlock new units and modes along with the usual orb rewards and stuff so it's probably a good idea to clear those early.

3) you can get new units without summoning by clearing some of the rotating daily special maps, but they'll be 2* or 3* lowbies at best. Star rarity is increased with feathers; you may wanna stockpile feathers until you can upgrade a 4* to 5*, rather than bumping up lowbie scrubs.

4) the new Tap Battle mode has no level requirements so that's probably a good way to quickly/easily farm up mats for level-ups and whatnot. You can also run the Tempest event at low levels but it'll be slow going.

5) as of recent updates the quickest way to level up teams is to run a few of the lower training tower maps then switch over to the special training maps, which feature continuous spawns for quicker leveling if you can stay alive.

As for the actual gameplay, I guess if you're like me and you've never played an actual mainline Fire Emblem, the closest comparison is probably Shining Force or FFT. Heroes retains the rock-paper-scissors weapon triangle mechanic from normal Fire Emblem but scales the rest down for mobile accessibility, so you'll usually always be fielding teams of four on small maps with no miss chances on attacks to keep things speedy.

The triangle goes basically like this: red (sword) > green (axe) > blue (spear) > red. There are also mages and dragonpeople in each category. Colourless (or grey) units also exist with no triangle strengths or weaknesses and are always archers, ninjas, or healers.

Movement types are pretty self-explanatory: Normal infantry move two spaces; armoured infantry only move one but have huge defense; cavalry have roughly double the range of infantry but can't enter forests; flying units (pegasi, wyverns, etc.) are basically flying cavalry and can fly over mountains and water, but are incredibly weak to archers.

There's a wiki full of additional resources, some of which may or may not be total overkill.

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Main_Page

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:15 am

So I pulled the titty rabbit ninja. She any good?

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:48 am

Okay, between all the women flirting with me and the clothes ripping, this game is a bit creepy.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:51 am

Hey, a free 5 star. Is the ice chick any good?

Also, how do I add peeps?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:38 am

The ice chick is great. Also, I'm jealous. I've been trying and failing for the Easter Kagero :/

To add people, when you're on the home screen, there's a stone on the bottom left. Clicking on that shows you your own friend code and has options for viewing, adding, and deleting friends.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:05 am

Okay, I like Raigh. I'm sure you will destroy worlds, you little pipsqueak!

So, I finally bit the bullet...

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:11 am

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:36 pm

HunterF wrote:So I pulled the titty rabbit ninja. She any good?
I haven't got her to max level yet or learned all her skills but she seems pretty solid. Maybe a slight upgrade over the normal Kagero, maybe equal, depending on how useful you find her as a flying unit. I think she's the only flying ninja right now? Her weapon can also be refined which might give her an edge over her normal self.
HunterF wrote:Okay, between all the women flirting with me and the clothes ripping, this game is a bit creepy.
Nintendo Got Thirsty!

...but I'm guessing the ripped-clothes-at-low-HP thing is something only Heroes does. Actual Fire Emblem is thirsty in otherrrrrr waysssssss.
Spoiler :
HunterF wrote:Hey, a free 5 star. Is the ice chick any good?
Fjorm is excellent, especially for a freebie. Either her weapon or one of her skills lets her counterattack at range, which is pretty rare on a melee unit. Someone who can do that naturally will always be valuable 'cause building up another unit for that purpose via skill inheritance or sacred seals can be really expensive and time consuming.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:29 pm

So, who's better? Titty rabbit ninja or Brave Warrior Lyn, cuz I don't think I need both on my team.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:40 pm

In most cases I'd go with Brave Lyn, she's probably still the best colourless unit in the game. Simply being cavalry instead of flyer means she's way less vulnerable than Spring Kagero 'cause there are way fewer anti-cavalry units than anti-flyer archers.

But if yer low on high level, high rarity units, there's probably no raisin to leave Spring Kagero behind when going into higher level maps, even if it means fielding a team with two colourless units. Depends on what yer roster is looking like I guess.

e: that said, with ten team slots, you could just put Brave Lyn on your main team and Spring Kagero on your next team down, or whatever.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:50 pm

So, I've got these guys so far:

5*
Lyn
Nephenee

4*
Jagen
Fae
Lachesis (that voice is wrong...)
Rebecca
Chrome
Klein
Sabi...uh, I mean, Hawkeye

3*
Lon'qu

Just based on aesthetics, I like Lyn, Nephenee, Rebecca, and Hawkeye.

I'll probably actually play later. I'm on lunch right now.

Edit: And a full pull of 4*s with that free 20 orbs. Draug, Henry, Merric, another Rebecca, and Cordelia. Cordy and Henry seem cool.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:50 pm

HunterF wrote:So, who's better? Titty rabbit ninja or Brave Warrior Lyn, cuz I don't think I need both on my team.
Lyn is one of the best units in the game, early on her unique B slot ability doesn't seem that useful, but it is actually amazing lategame, it means she can hit fighters like Fjorm (Ice Princess) and not get smashed by the distance counter. Spring!Kagero is kind of too new to know how she fits in the meta. You will soon enough want multiple teams anyway, so you'll definitely get use out of her. Get a skill like 'Draw Back' or 'Reposition' on her so that she can pull your other team around into safety.

Another beginner tip - link your Nintendo account and then on the quests screen in the top right there's a round symbol that pulses. Tap on that and you can turn Nintendo points into resources like orbs and feathers. The other stuff there isn't as important, but you always need orbs and feathers. You can get I think 10k feathers in there.

I added you as well.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:54 pm

Edit: This is meant as a response to TP- (Also added you, Hunter).

Do you have Lyn with a red sword or Lyn with a bow?

If you're looking to promote the other units that are less than 5 stars, I'd recommend focusing on Fae, Cordelia, and Klein so far. But you might also pull 5* versions of them in the future.