[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:29 pm

What are your best teams? I've recently put together a flier team (Camilla / Cordelia / NY!Azura / H!Nowi) who are tearing up a lot of content, so I am considering switching all of them to a single blessing and replacing maybe my fire team... though I only have one H!Nowi so I'd have to slot someone else in so I don't have to swap blessings.

Also my Dragon team is decent now (M!Grima / A!Tiki / Nowi / Ninian) but again mixed blessings since I've been slotting them in other places. Your Nowi is great so I'm sure you can make a big dragon team with one of the blessings. They should do alright since they tend to be mixed/enemy phase units you can bait with.

Also a +6 Reinhardt is very very good, you could totally run him over Gunnthra or Lyn (or Priscilla) in a cav team. Didn't you also have sword!Reinhardt? I bet he does a lot of work too. Pretty much you would just need to build up someone to tank hits and draw enemies in without dying which is why Sigurd does such good work for me.

I think having strong mages with swordbreaker and lancebreaker has been a huge part of my success, because often you're thrown against over-statted enemies having the guaranteed double-hit magic is huge.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:04 pm

I'd need some time/thought to answer about my best teams because I have to switch some out a lot and then forget what I had before. Plus, a great team that works in arena/TT usually have mixed blessings on them and don't work for the gardens for that raisin.

My flier team switches up every month but I am partial to Bride Ninian, Bride Sanaki, Fell!Robin and Elincia. Now that my Summer Tana is built up, I may take Elincia out, but that makes 3 ranged units and Fell!Robin isn't exactly a good tank. I have Shigure but then I'd feel the need to remove the other blue (Ninian) and lose my dancer and she's the best so... no. Could replace Sanaki with my +1 Myrhh but Ninian/Sanaki are S ranked supports. I also have female Morgan and she's great but again- blue. I like Ninian too much. Also different blessings on all of these people.

Dragon team- I have both Fell!Robins, Myrhh, Young Tiki, Nowi, Male Kana, Female Corrin, Regular Ninian... probably missing someone. But yeah, issue is mixed blessings.

I actually don't have sword Reinhardt at all.

Not sure if any of my mages have breaker skills either. I really need to pay more attention to skills and how they work in a team. I just sort of throw people of different colors together and hope they work, usually.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:55 pm

Your flier team sounds like my 'Murder Mages' team, pretty much all ranged/mages. You'll definitely want F!Grima in there since she has iote's shield built in because you need someone who can deal with archers. You have S!Takumi too right? He's another potential flier. I would suggest Fortify Fliers on Ninian, and then try to keep her next to F!Grima to push her defenses up. Also/alternately B!Sanaki's defense buffs from repositioning into bait spots. You could potentially have Myrrh fill the bait/tank role too, you'd just need a strong blue or red with swordbreaker to counter her weakness to reds. Either way you want a reliable damage ability like Bonfire to counter hard but pretty often when you're being hit. My Camilla's base defenses are 31/31 (+DEF/-HP) and with fortify buffs she still hits good and hard with Bonfire. I also have the Close Defense 3 seal on her which helps her tank close hits and again pushes up Bonfire damage. Looks like F!Grima has +4 def/res against ranged attacks already, so she's already pretty solid there. Being colourless is an advantage and disadvantage, she doesn't have to fear any particular colour, but will lean on Bonfire more to get KOs. That's not really her role though, she's there to soak and draw in the enemies for your mages.

Swordbreaker and Lancebreaker are pretty easy to inherit, you don't need level 3 of them on mages, most of the time you only need level 1 because you're breaking from a range you often can't be countered from to lose HP.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:36 pm

Yeah, I haven't leveled my S!Takumi yet. Waiting for the double SP tomorrow.

And that's good to know on the breakers. I usually don't inherit anything less than level 3. This might make some junk characters in my inventory more useful as fodder. A lot of my mages have surplus SP so I can just learn extra skills and switch them out as needed.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:49 pm

FEH Channel stuff.

The next Tempest Trials will have all six previous reward units in it, including the Masked Marth we just had. Refinable weapons for Anna, Sharena, and Alfonse are coming, so that's cool. Uh... daily summoning events for a while, sure. New Arena tier? Ehh.

The biggest deal in the next update seems to be Forging Bonds, a new mode offering an in-game method of increasing friendship score with units for reward tiers and... chats about feelings. Might just be the new four event heroes so far, though. !datingsim

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q79BomYDrm0

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:48 pm

I know that people sometimes balk at new Awakening/Fates characters but I like these. Most excited for Maribelle, actually. I already have 2 Olivias. And ooh, Walhart!

And yay I can get the shitty Tobin I missed somehow in the new TT. I only want him as a collector, but yeah, and then I can merge the rest of the people eventually!

And yeah, the 3 original heroes need weapon refinery to be relevant. Also, "She-Reh-na?" I always pronounced it "she-ree-nah."

The new arena tier is also meh to me. I bounce between 17-18 anyway and can never get to 19 so meh.

The new accessories and such are cool too.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:16 pm

Bier_Engel wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:48 pm
I know that people sometimes balk at new Awakening/Fates characters but I like these.
Those folks have like five versions of Lyn to play with now :pac

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:18 pm

Olivia: I'll throw on this big brass breastplate for added protection

Also Olivia: yo you dig my pantaloons with the giant holes in 'em

https://twitter.com/FEHeroes_News/statu ... 9341062144

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:46 pm

Wouldn't want her to get chafed now, would we?

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:46 am

What's up with the goat's legs?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:09 am

Decided to do a full "fuck it" pull on the new banner since every color has a unit, and got Sumia.

Edit: Interesting. She's the one I wanted the least, since I have so many lance fliers already and figured I'd never pick her over Shigure, but I looked more closely at her skills and weapons and she's a total tank. Weapon gives her a buff if the foe initiates the attack. She's got the close defense skill, as well as that skill that buffs both her and the recipient of a movement skill (like reposition) and then comes with reposition naturally. So basically, have DPS dive in and attack, and have her reposition them out of the way and soak the damage. Knowing that, I can use her much more effectively now. I think I'll throw the Iote's Shield seal on her for now.

Still want Maribelle, though. That staff is very unique.

Also, had no trouble beating all the lunatic orb quests the first time around, but I can't beat the final stage of the chapter on lunatic at all.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:46 am

Yeah that last stage was a doozy, between cancel affinity on Lev and hella speed across the board, it is hard to clear everyone. If you have a tanky blue unit like Nephenee or Nowi, drop swordbreaker or quick riposte on them and back them up with a healer and they should take care of the two swords and the lance. If you step up to the edge of that lava pool with your blue tank you're only in Laegjarn's range and she'll suicide on you. Take a fast red around the wall to deal with the axe, it's pretty easy to bait them once the rest are busy with your blue tank, then you just need to rush forward to finish on time.

Didn't draw any of the new units, but I did draw Lene randomly instead. Since it's double SP weekend I have levelled her most of the way up and she seems pretty cool, a lot tankier than I expected from a dancer.

I am a little sad after seeing Maribelle's character art that her weapon isn't that parasol.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:19 pm

Forging Bonds is up.

!datingsim

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:18 am

You know, I actually saw a lot of people on the GameFAQs forums whining about it, calling it "content for whales". Meanwhile, I'm over here enjoying my feathers and accessories.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:51 am

Content for whales? You can still do the event without having the characters.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:56 am

20 orbs wasted and still no summer Tiki. 1 like = 1 amen.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:45 pm

I appreciate that the new mode isn't overscaled enemies or reinforcements even on the hardest level maps. Tiered accessories are an interesting addition, I like that we get similar accessories so that we can have theme teams.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:37 pm

Yeah, I see it as something to do when you wouldn't be using your stamina otherwise. I just beat the TT a day or so early, so there I go. I also have like 590 stamina potions, so I might as well use some of those up...

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:48 pm

This thread's been quiet. I've had shit luck pulling Tiki and the red units in the legendary banner so far (I need all 3 reds so that's my safest pull). How about y'all?

Also, new Lucina, yay or nay?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:50 pm

Yay if I can manage to pull her, otherwise nay, because sour grapes.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:43 pm

I've pulled on blue a bit just in case, since I don't have any of the three there. Also pulling colourless mostly for F!Grima and instead got a second Kinshi!Hinoka, not sure yet if I +1 my current version or vore her for attack/speed bond which seems very good. There's noone I'm super in for though, so I'm just spending whatever orbs I get.

The Lucina special map is a real pain though, most of my normal teams can't deal with Lucina when she double-moves and nails me. Ended up succeeding with my dragon team (M!Grima/Nowi/A!Tiki/Ninian) but even then it was Sol on Grima that got me through. He's my only tanky green with distant-counter so the only one that could bait her safely. I'm not even going to try Infernal.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:51 am

Yeah, I only got past the first difficulty. Damn reinforcements.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:12 am

This really sucks. This is the worst luck I've ever had with a legendary banner. Even in the past, I'd get a duplicate 5 star of a unit I already had, or the same unit twice or something, but I haven't gotten a single 5 star at all this time; not even an unwanted duplicate. I'll probably scrape up 5 more orbs by the end of the day, but I'm not getting my hopes up. This is after still failing for Summer Tiki and Maribelle.

Usually I have 4 units I need to level at the beginning of the month and I use that to knock out the training tower quests but... I've got nothing right now. Sucks having a dry spell.

Burning stamina potions to get the last of the accessories today for those friendship battles, I guess.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:31 pm

While I did manage to grab Summer Tiki, I too have had no luck on the legendary banner. Dammit. I NEED New Year Camilla for Operation Oppai!

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:05 pm

I haven't pulled anything on banners other than unrelated pity breakers for ages now.