[Fallout] 76 is a world of blue and yellow

Take me Kong to the New Donk City where the bananas aren't green and the girls are Diddy.
Delthazar
The balance needs to be re-addressed. / DRAGONS! EAT THEM RAWWWW (0-38) / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia

Re: [Fallout] 76 is a world of blue and yellow

Post#1001 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:01 am

Yeah, kinda the same here. The bit they mentioned about player/character progression going with you when you change servers or whatever makes me think that some means of surfing instances will be possible if necessary. I wonder if people are gonna be setting up specific RP/PVE-only servers. Certainly I'll be using Discord for voice chat and avoiding the fuck out of whatever in-game zone chat systems they put in, if any.

My inclination would be to group up with y'all and wander off to find a quiet corner somewhere to build on and hope for the best. Nothing is lost on death, so getting wrecked exploring too far from our camp is at least manageable.

I have a feeling that F76 mods via Creation Club will all be kinda unnecessary like they seem to be for F4. And for a fully online game, they probably wouldn't be able to change anything strictly mechanical, unless they somehow apply those changes to your whole server. Maybe if there end up being truly dedicated private servers for specific premade groups like ours then they'd offer mods like that eventually, kinda like the old days of running Unreal Tournament mods on LANs.

Delthazar
The balance needs to be re-addressed. / DRAGONS! EAT THEM RAWWWW (0-38) / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia

Post#1002 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:02 am

Here's a good interview which clarifies some details. Almost.

phpBB [video]

Sounds like PVP will be kinda-sorta opt-in, or at least balanced in such a way to prevent griefing and/or incentivize good behaviour, but who knows how this'll work in practice. Definitely something they're still working on. They want a little drama without the assholery, so maybe this'll hash-out way more like Sea of Thieves instead of Rust.

Private servers are implied, and fully moddable private servers seems to be a post-launch goal. Hell, I'd be happy just to have private vanilla servers, I think, even if it's just an option to use in a worst-case scenario, like if every single populated server is full of shitheads.

HunterF
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post#1003 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:37 am

They're morons if they think they can stop griefing. Let me know when private servers go live.

Delthazar

Post#1004 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:49 am

They ain't that crazy. But these days anything that can be done to get people to be less shitty is worth doing. Good on 'em for trying, whatever it is they're trying.

Delthazar

Post#1005 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Everyone else might be skeptical about F76 but West Virginians are stoked.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/12/17453 ... t-virginia

Folks also be horny for Mothman.

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/12/17 ... hman-video

And players are already getting together to develop metagamey RP community concepts.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/12/17453 ... te-servers

I think it's stuff like this which in addition to Bethesda's own actions will really make a difference regarding griefer stuff and help avoid a lot of the sociopathic anarchy that makes games like Rust kinda impenetrable. There's even players volunteering to act as NPCs, which is kinda wild.

Delthazar

Post#1006 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:51 pm

Danny's F76 making-of doc is up.

phpBB [video]

Delthazar

Post#1007 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:53 am

Beyond just Mothman, it looks like they really took a deep dive on local folklore for all these new monsters. Some of them are kinda fucking terrifying.

phpBB [video]

Return to “NEW DONK CITY”