[Fighters] The soul still burns!

Take me Kong to the New Donk City where the bananas aren't green and the girls are Diddy.
DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Re: [Fighters] The soul still burns!

Post#1026 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:34 pm

Did anyone play the newest King of Fighters? I heard they announced their first DLC and it re-piqued my interest.

DHerder222

Post#1027 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:33 pm

Interestingly, I wound up getting SFV and KOFXIV within a few days of each other. When Tekken 7 comes out, I'll have the full troika of "kinda-sorta set in the real-world but also not" genre of fighters.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#1028 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:53 pm

Tekken 7 is out now, and unlike Injustice 2 it's on PC which increases my interest a whole lot. Now I gotta decide if I take the plunge, the GB content was pretty convincing.

DHerder222

Post#1029 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:58 pm

They've been hyping the "finale" to the Mishima arc. I know not to expect too much from a fighting game series, but I just hope it's not too ridiculous.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#1030 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:58 am

I mean, it's the Mishimas - if it's not ridiculous then it'll be a let down! It'd be like Metal Gear just being a regular soldier game.

DHerder222

Post#1031 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:33 am

Okay, fair enough. It can be ridiculous, but maybe it can at least tie up the storyline in a minimally satisfactory way? :mspac

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#1032 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:50 pm

Well I got Tekken 7, and finished the story mode. It was about as ridiculous as you would expect/want, especially with Akuma in the mix. Spoilers for the nonsense:

Spoiler :
So Heihachi's dead wife hired Akuma to kill Heihachi and Kazuya. Heihachi fully gets raging demoned and is fine, then Devil-Kazuya and Akuma are blown up by a satellite, but both are fine. Also apparently the populace are stupid and have goldfish memories.

In the meantime I messed around with making Blue Mary with the costumes, and Katarina got me closest.

I'm having fun. The lack of quarter circles is actually much easier on my old man hands these days :pac

Return to “NEW DONK CITY”