[Digital/DLC] Steam Sale, Open Your Wallet And/Or Legs

Take me Kong to the New Donk City where the bananas aren't green and the girls are Diddy.
ard in a manger
Anhedonic Masochist / I only bang butts.

[Digital/DLC] Steam Sale, Open Your Wallet And/Or Legs

Post#1 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:03 am

What do i get?

PSONE classics

Destruction Derby - 5
A Final Fantasy - 10
Soul Reaver - 6
Twisted metal - 6

DLC

AC:B - Da Vinci Disappearance - 10
CLoS - Resurrection - 10
CLoS - Reverie - 8
DA2 - Legacy - 10
F3 - Operation Anchorage - 10
F3 - Mothership Zeta - 10
FNV - Dead Money - 10
FNV - Honest Hearts - 10
FNV - Old World Blues - 10

Other games

Golden Axe - 5

Or something else you deem a musthave and why?

Also, general "HEY LOOK THIS IS NEW/ON SALE ON PSN/XBL/STEAM/ORIGIN" thread.
Last edited by ard in a manger on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ard in a manger

Re: I have 50€ PSN credit

Post#3 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:42 am

The one issue i have with some of these DLC is that, especially in the case of AC DLC, they usually last one or two hours max. For that same kind of money i can get a full-blown PSONE title i haven't played yet that will most likely grant many more hours of entertainment.

On the other hand, i do want to get the maximum experience out of some of my PS3 titles. DLC dilemmas.

Holmes
Steers and Queers

Post#4 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:08 am

Both Parasite Eve's and Wild Arms'.

obvi.

Delthazar
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Post#5 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:11 am

Parasite Eve 2 is garbage. :crossarm

Holmes
Steers and Queers

Post#6 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:13 am

Deltron wrote:Parasite Eve 2 is garbage. :crossarm

This post is garbage. :animal

Delthazar
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Post#7 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:14 am

I stand by my garbage posts, sir. :holmes

Seriously that game sucked.

ard in a manger

Post#8 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:22 am

Both opinions duly noted. :')

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post#9 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:15 am

Wild Arms is good if creaky old. The Fallout 3 DLCs don't have much meat to them. Golden Axe is lame. And you sort of know what you're getting with a Final Fantasy, it's the safe option.

ard in a manger

Post#10 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:51 am

Nope, not a clue.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post#11 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:45 am

ard wrote:Nope, not a clue.

Really? Oh well...

FF VII - Pretty standard J-RPG. Plots a pile of balls (like most standard J-RPGs) and the translation is pretty bad. It's pretty good though. Materia system makes every character pretty interchangeable from a gameplay perspective.

FF VIII - Looks pretty, plot tends to dip and spike in terms of quality. Lots of people hate the magic system, where you drain spells from enemies to add them to your repository, then augment your stats with them, meaning using those spells will lower your stats.

FF IX - The most "fantasy" of the three. The plot is pretty standard hokum, but it's decently executed hokum. Gameplay again is normal J-RPG stuff. Nearer to VII than VIII.

HunterF
AKA "Bulma" / They call this the logical results. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post#12 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:47 am

There's a Dragon Age II expansion coming out next month... :awesomelon

ard in a manger

Post#13 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:30 pm

John Layfield wrote:
ard wrote:Nope, not a clue.

Really? Oh well...

FF VII - Pretty standard J-RPG. Plots a pile of balls (like most standard J-RPGs) and the translation is pretty bad. It's pretty good though. Materia system makes every character pretty interchangeable from a gameplay perspective.

FF VIII - Looks pretty, plot tends to dip and spike in terms of quality. Lots of people hate the magic system, where you drain spells from enemies to add them to your repository, then augment your stats with them, meaning using those spells will lower your stats.

FF IX - The most "fantasy" of the three. The plot is pretty standard hokum, but it's decently executed hokum. Gameplay again is normal J-RPG stuff. Nearer to VII than VIII.

The most useful post yet, cheers.

HunterF wrote:There's a Dragon Age II expansion coming out next month... :awesomelon

Yes... DA2. We'll await the reviews.

Delthazar

Post#14 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:29 pm

You might also consider Playstation Plus, which would get you some of that stuff for free/discounted. Then again, I think it all expires with the subscription, so whatever. Seems to defeat the purpose in that case.

I haven't touched any of the New Vegas DLC yet. I hear Dead Money is weak but the others are good. How have you gone this long without playing those two F3 packs?

ard in a manger

Post#15 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:36 am

OA didn't appeal to me at the time because it didn't take place in the actual world. MZ didn't appeal because aliens. Aliens. Seemed silly in the Fallout universe, crashed easter egg spaceship aside. I know, it doesn't make much sense, but neither does aliens visiting another world that destroyed itself. The Pitt, Broken Steel and Point Lookout were great.

Ive added them to the list mostly for completion's sake, but they don't really have that much of a priority.

As for P+, yeah. The only things i've gotten were DLC for a few select games and i don't usually scavenge PSN for other stuff. I don't think a subscription will be that profitable, bu it can't hurt to check out what's available. If stuff is no longer accesable when you end your subscription, like what happened with the Welcome Back program, then that's not helping either.

Delthazar

Post#16 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:25 pm

ard wrote:Also, general "HEY LOOK THIS IS NEW/ON SALE ON PSN/XBL/STEAM/ORIGIN" thread.

Star Control 3 is on sale on GOG right now.

...but Star Control 2 was a million times better, plus you can totally play that for free.

ard in a manger

Post#17 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:06 pm

Noticed a bundle with two Monkey Island games. I hear good stories about these, are they worth checking out?

ard in a manger

Post#19 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:29 pm

Humour is good. And with two for 15€ it seems like a fair deal.

Delthazar

Post#20 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:22 am

I was always more of a Space Quest kind of guy. Those are totally worth grabbing if you see them bundled, even if only 4, 5, and 6 have aged well, and of those only 4 and 5 had the right people involved. Always heard that 6 was pretty weak.

ard in a manger

Post#21 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:46 pm

Castlevania Harmony of Despair should have been put up on PSN last wednesday. What gives, Sony?

Also, there's a chapter of Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse on PSN free of charge. This point and click adventure is usually hilarious (Hit the Road was way back when at least), might be worth checking out.

ard in a manger

Post#23 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:57 am

Could be. The full thing costs 25 and chapter one is listed separately for free. Under All games > PS3 Content > Q-S > Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse.

ard in a manger

Post#25 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:02 pm

EU account creation time then. :pac

Return to “NEW DONK CITY”