[Digital/DLC] Steam Sale, Open Your Wallet And/Or Legs

Take me Kong to the New Donk City where the bananas aren't green and the girls are Diddy.
Delthazar
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Re: [Digital/DLC] Steam Sale, Open Your Wallet And/Or Legs

Post#926 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:14 pm

Bier_Engel wrote:So it sounds like the software is out of date again and that I didn't fuck up? Yay! I might just try to find some wired adapter for the 360 controller because at least that will give that controller/system a purpose in our household.

This should do the trick for all yer wireless 360 pads.

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless-Ga ... B000HZFCT2

That's the official one anyway (e: maybe? The reviews are weird.) There are supposedly cheaper versions too, but they'd need their own drivers, which could mean a minor-to-moderate amount of extra hassle.

Money vs. Annoyance: that's PC gaming.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post#927 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:23 pm

Ouch, that's a bit more than I wanted to spend, considering the game was only $5. I wouldn't have bothered if I had known it would be this big of a hassle... I'll look into it more tomorrow and hopefully I'll be able to find a solution with stuff I already have.

Delthazar
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Post#928 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:38 pm

Here's another for a bit cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Authen ... 00FAS1WDG/

The PS3 controller should still work, it might just need to be desynced from the console so the PC can use it. I'll look into that some more.

If you really wanna jump off the deep end, Life is Strange is also available on PS3/PS4 and 360/XB1. :pac

Bier_Engel

Post#929 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:53 pm

Since I already bought/installed it on PC, though, would it work on those other systems without me having to buy it again?

Delthazar

Post#930 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:14 pm

Nah, I was just joking. Though if PSN had a gifting function (and seriously, how does it not have that, jeez) I'd toss a copy at you that way.

You might be able to solve the mouse issues in the in-game options somewhere, controls > mouse sensitivity or something, or by fiddling with the resolution. The game feels better with a pad partially 'cause the click-and-drag for dialogue options and stuff is kind of a weird choice.

Bier_Engel

Post#931 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:27 pm

After all that, it was user error. After Googling, it turns out I had to drag the mouse to the "look" option, rather than where the arrow was pointing at... what a weird control choice. At least I'm not the only idiot who had that issue. So, the game is playable now, but I got to a crucial part and the controls fucked out on me, so I just exited the game since I knew it saved shortly before that. Didn't feel like rewinding since there was a risk of my controls/angles still being fucked.

Delthazar

Post#932 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:05 pm

Yeah, that confused the shit out of me at first, too. I probably got to the end of Jefferson's long-ass lecture before I finally figured it out. Definitely unintuitive, but it becomes second nature after a while. I guess it was meant to feel like an analog stick motion? Oh well, at least you've got it mostly playable now!

Re: Steam games with controller support, it probably really is worth it in the long run to grab a dongle for your 360 pad or even a new wired pad, at least if you see yourself playing more stuff on your laptop in the future.

Re: the PS3 controller thing, if your install is anything like mine, there should be an app called SCPServer.exe somewhere in Program Files which should at least tell you if the PC can see the controller or not. It looks like this when it works. (It then has to be left minimized.) But for some raisin I have two copies of that program installed and only one of them is functional. :pacdown So I should probably fix my own weird-ass setup before I try to help with yours. Heh.

Apparently Steam itself supports the Dual Shock 4 but not the older PS3 versions, pfft. Though that support might be coming eventually.

Bier_Engel

Post#933 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:11 pm

Yeah, it recognized the controller and appeared to be charging, but the motion with the analog stick was just unplayable. The buttons worked, but I didn't feel like moving with WASD and then using the button on the controller; it was too weird/wonky.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post#934 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:58 pm

If you don't mind playing on UPlay, you can get AC Chronicles (all three) for the pay what you want tier on Humble Bundle right now.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post#935 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:23 pm

Several nice things on PSN's Under $5 Flash Sale, including Knack and Rogue Galaxy.

Edit: Also bought Thief, The Order, and Watch_Dogs. Murdered: Soul Suspect is [i]supposed to be on the sale, but it doesn't show up on the website.

Dammit! Bought Watch Dogs on PS3. Didn't notice the PS4 version was not part of the sale.

Delthazar

Post#936 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:27 pm

If you buy only one Humble Bundle, make it this one, this is an insane lineup and Humble is matching contributions up to 300K for the ACLU.

https://www.humblebundle.com/freedom

The Witness, Stardew Valley, Day of the Tentacle, Stanley Parable, VVVVVV, Read Only Memories 2064, Invisible Inc., Nuclear Throne, on and on and on... this is probably the best bundle they've ever done, and for a critical cause, so jump on it if you can.

True Perception

Post#937 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:38 pm

Unfortunately, that would be like paying $30 for Stardew Valley and Ninja Pizza Girl for me, since I have the other games I would play, in some format; but I'll keep my eyeballs on the page for new additions. 'Tis a good cause, for sure.

True Perception

Post#938 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:55 am

I'm going through the HumbleBundle offerings, and there's a mobile RPG where the main character's name is Kreist. You can't just hide your intent behind German spelling, guys!

Also, KOTOR 1 and Shadowrun: Dragonfall are on that deal.

True Perception

Post#939 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:46 pm

Got KOTOR 1 for Steam on the Star Wars deal. I forgot to change the allotment, though, so UNICEF is only getting $0.15 from my purchase.

True Perception

Post#940 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:12 pm

Rise of the Tomb Raider is only $30 for the next week on PSN. We'll see how my funds are looking come next Tuesday.

Delthazar

Post#941 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:19 pm

There's a bunch of stuff on sale right now on PSN, including Horizon Zero Dawn, which by all accounts is a strong GOTY contender. Plenty there to fill time until the weirdly busy August rush.

Steam's summer sale probably starts soon too.

True Perception

Post#942 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:26 pm

Just bought The Witcher 3 for $25, and Mighty no. 9 for $6 on PS4. Now, if I can just find a place to live, so I can hook up my consoles...

True Perception

Post#943 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:40 pm

Del, why are you trying to pick a fight with an American craft brewery?

Delthazar

Post#944 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:46 pm

True Perception

Post#945 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:48 pm

What did Clown Shoes ever do to you?

Delthazar

Post#946 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:50 pm

It's a Persona reference. Some of the midboss demons yell weird stuff at you between attacks and COME AT ME CLOWN SHOES is the easily the best of those lines.

True Perception

Post#947 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:16 pm

Cosmic Star Heroine (only the best of elicit drugs) is $7.49 on PS4, with PS+, right now.

True Perception

Post#948 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:23 am

https://www.humblebundle.com/capcom-sega-atlus-bundle

If you don't already have Citizens of Earth, now's the time, I'd say.

Return to “NEW DONK CITY”