[Civilization] MISTAH PRIME MINISTAH!

Take me Kong to the New Donk City where the bananas aren't green and the girls are Diddy.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Civilization] VI has no wi-fi on Kilimanjaro

Post#176 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:17 pm

Boo Auckland, it should be Wellington! :pacdown

Nah I'm still happy. Poland look strong for sure. Building encampments everywhere will be strong for pretty much any victory type unless you're going super tall and non-military. I wonder how much the AI hates you for stealing their land, prob a lot.

Deltron
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Post#177 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:19 pm

There's a new cheevo for using a Polish culture bomb to destroy an enemy wonder mid-construction. :pac

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#178 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:58 am

Since you can see how far along a wonder is by looking at it, you could really wreck someone's day and cost them a ton of production.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post#179 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:22 pm

And still no mod stuff. GRUMBLE GRUMBLE SNARK

Deltron
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Post#180 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:54 pm

The Earth map is only Standard size. :( And in grand ol' Civ tradition, it plays fast and loose with starting locations. Oh well.

I'm running a game with Poland on that map, we'll see how badly I botch it.

Deltron

Post#181 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:52 pm

Heh, started right next to Norway. Duder declared war on me at like 2250 BC, took my capital a few centuries later, leaving me with only one secondary. I eventually trained a ton of archers and retook the capital, then went on a tear and conquered Norway by about 500 BC. :getout

Unfortunately, now that's it's been retaken, I'm not sure how to reassign capital status back to my original.

Deltron

Post#182 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:12 pm

Hahahaha, goddamnit.

phpBB [video]

:can

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#183 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:27 pm

Canada's got to be next right? Fill out the commonwealth. At this point will New Zealand be before Canada?

Deltron

Post#184 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:07 pm

Heh, it wouldn't shock me.

But yeah, if Australia is in then any arguments against Canada are pretty much null and void. The two nations are basically equivalent in most ways and if Firaxis is focusing on Australia's WW2 contributions specifically, Canada was probably just as important to the European theater as Australia was to the Pacific. We were at Normandy! James Doohan got shot in the hand!

As for the Aussie Civ, they sound fantastic for playing wide and like Poland, they can culture bomb, so I'm looking forward to that.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#185 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:00 pm

Yeah and the defensive production boost will be great for turtling.

Deltron

Re: [Civilization] MISTAH PRIME MINISTAH!

Post#186 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:25 pm

The patch is up (1.5GB) and is now referred to as The Australian Summer Update. Here's yer patch notes.

https://civilization.com/news/entries#c ... -mod-tools

Obviously the Australian Civ is the headliner. They also get a scenario pack. Also on the docket is multiplayer teams (whatever), mod tools SDK and Steam Workshop (hey John, get to work), and a ton of tweaks and fixes.

Real world starting locations is something I've wanted for a while. Playing as Poland on the Earth map put me in the Amazon jungle on my last attempt. :pacdown So this feature will save someone the trouble of modding it in. Also, a City State slider, finally, which for whatever raisin wasn't in vanilla. Now I can turn them off! :getout

Not sure if the AI is still crippled by the existence of city walls or if any tuning has been made to the trade route UI. Those are big fixes for me. Chances are modders will solve both issues before the next official patch.

Deltron

Post#187 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:42 am

There's already a handful of great looking mods in the Workshop, including a wonder overhaul, a thing which adds more religions, and the expected R.E.D. unit rescaler. Dunno if mods kill cheevos though, so I'll let someone else take that bullet first.

Deltron

Post#188 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:27 pm

Annoyances: the City-State slider is disabled on some maps, including both Earth maps. That feels like a pretty needless limitation. But I dunno. Maybe I'm just weird about my dislike for the City-State stuff, at least when there are 12 of 'em hardcoded into my game. Little guys just get in the way.

...honestly, I think City-States would work better as "minor powers" or whatever, since they always have way more territory than necessary. An actual city-state should only use one tile, or as few tiles as possible. Oddly enough Beyond Earth may have gotten this right with its outposts.

Observations: Aussie culture bombs are far more useful than their Polish counterparts, maybe even a little OP, since they're tied to the relatively common pasture improvement which, chances are, you'd usually build out of habit anyway, while I've rarely felt any need at all to build forts. That said, I guess its power relies on your map type and the random seed, so it won't always be super overwhelming.

The Aussie's Outback Stations have a neat visual effect, combining all nearby pastures into one, which I like a lot. More importantly, the Stations have yields which scale upwards by era, which is a first, I think. So they're probably always useful.

Oh yeah, and the bonus yields for districts scaling to coastal appeal seems pretty powerful too. Not that anyone would settle cities inland on the Australian continent, but yeah, this is a pretty powerful Civ for island maps or anything with nice long coastlines. Probably sucks if you roll Aussie and get stuck landlocked on a pangaea or something though.

Deltron

Post#189 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:23 am

Double Civ pack on the way along with the Spring update.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#190 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:41 pm

What's the bet that Alexander's AI is super-aggressive again, and when he gains science from training soldiers, he's going to be very strong and a real pain to deal with.

Persia seems strong, a ranged unit that's not weak to melee is a cool idea - depending on how long they are relevant.

Deltron

Post#191 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:57 pm

Yeah, starting next to Alexander is gonna be an issue in most games. I guess with the Real World Start maps I can just put myself on another continent though. Maybe finally finish a game as Australia one of these days.

Persian Immortals could even more superpowered this time. If they're still tied to strategic resources then I guess the old Civ IV tactic of denying Persia access to Iron is back again. Only way to keep them from conquering almost everyone before industrialization.

Deltron

Post#192 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:58 am

More freebies are being added to the Digital Deluxe version, which is awfully nice of 'em. Sounds like two or three new civs covering Africa and Southeast Asia.

Shaka, when the walls fell?

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post#193 » Fri May 05, 2017 2:12 pm

Has Civ6 changed significantly since launch? It's been a while since I dipped back into it. Probably since Poland. Won a bunch of high-level games early on and then fell off, then Stellaris reemerged, Reaper-like, to scratch that strategy itch.

Deltron

Post#194 » Fri May 05, 2017 2:15 pm

There have been a couple big balance and bugfix patches since launch that have probably carried some significant changes but I can't remember what they are. Stellaris did the same thing to me, I haven't played much Civ since Australia.

Return to “NEW DONK CITY”