[Giant Bomb] Permission to backflip.

Take me Kong to the New Donk City where the bananas aren't green and the girls are Diddy.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Giant Bomb] SQUAD

Post#526 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:22 am

Wow spicy Dan is good viewing in PUBG.

Delthazar
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Post#527 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Gotta catch up on that, plus the last however many episodes of Crowbar & Sickle, since Waypoint's video content takes forever to get to YouTube.

On the subject of upcoming content, though...

:getin

if Ben's on Tactical they'll be out of torpedoes in about ten seconds

plus I guess Bring Your B-Game has been preempted by the ultimate B-Game, Super Mario Sunshine

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post#528 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:38 pm

Super Mario Sunshine is a Quad A title, heathen.

Delthazar
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Post#529 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:04 pm

Well this didn't take long.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =972994490

I haven't seen The Wolf or Dirty Dan yet but they'll probably be up there by the time I finish typing this sentence.

Delthazar

Post#530 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:54 pm

effin' lol, nevermind, the entire Paxamania crew is already represented.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/fil ... =974637503

Falcon Critical wrote:Wow spicy Dan is good viewing in PUBG.

The inevitable conclusion to the Pants Saga was one of the funniest things I've seen them do in a while.

Delthazar

Post#531 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:41 pm

Deltron wrote:Gotta catch up on that, plus the last however many episodes of Crowbar & Sickle, since Waypoint's video content takes forever to get to YouTube.

Catching up now via the Twitch archives. It has chat replay, which is funny 'cause whenever Patrick says "ruff" instead of "roof" everyone in the chat is like "the ruff? what?"

you americans don't get to say shit about non-american accents anymore as long as so many of y'all are saying "ruff" instead of "roof," just sayin'

Delthazar

Post#532 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:17 pm

Hell yeah let's do this.

phpBB [video]

https://twitter.com/Mystic_Mile/status/ ... 8988027904

John Layfield

Post#533 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:34 pm

Delthazar wrote:you americans don't get to say shit about non-american accents anymore as long as so many of y'all are saying "ruff" instead of "roof," just sayin'

Americans say "mirror" as "meer".

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Giant Bomb] Permission to backflip.

Post#534 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:53 pm

Don't get me started on "Aluminium", you do see that second i, right?

Delthazar

Post#535 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:57 pm

Overland looks really cool, like a post-apoc XCOM-lite with some Oregon Trail stuff. Looking forward to seeing how it develops.

phpBB [video]

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#536 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:31 pm

Yakuza 0 is done, though Majima's turn at the end is like Adachi-esque... I guess he's an established character later in the series, but then why make him so cool in zero? :pacdown

Delthazar

Post#537 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:50 pm

phpBB [video]

Duder battle royale at about 32:25

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#538 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:47 am

Oh man, now I want Alex and Dan to set up a Fire Pro Wrestling League where they set up the fiction and the schedule then just commentate the matches.

Delthazar

Post#539 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:37 pm

It's a family reunion!

phpBB [video]

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#540 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:50 pm

Multi-CARavella is a pretty great name.

Delthazar

Post#541 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:30 pm

Ben and Abby date some dads!

phpBB [video]

Delthazar

Post#542 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:23 am

...oh christ

phpBB [video]

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#543 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:47 am

Brad's expression is pretty much on point there. I really bounced off those games, but I have very little interest or nostalgia for Disney's main cast.

Flarecake
Never Stops Winning Too Much, Again / CF-NHL Technical Champion 2016

Post#544 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:30 am

Falcon Critical wrote:Don't get me started on "Aluminium", you do see that second i, right?

Nope. We don't spell it with the second i. You and your Queen's English. :P

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#545 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:29 pm

Then why is AluminUM special next to PlutonIUM RadIUM SodIUM MagnesIUM and all the other elements that have a nice tidy naming structure?

I mean it's par for the course with English as a language, but that one seems needless. Just like adding Zs to a bunch of words that were perfectly fine with an S.

Delthazar

Post#546 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:57 pm

Americans just gotta take ownership of their unnecessary linguistic mistakes, to the point of spelling stuff wrong and pretending they're doing it right. :pac

Y'all can take my U's from my cold dead Canadian hands. :can

Delthazar

Post#547 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:04 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:Brad's expression is pretty much on point there. I really bounced off those games, but I have very little interest or nostalgia for Disney's main cast.

Yeah, same here. I guess I was just a year or two too old when the Disney renaissance started in the 80s, so it's just not one of my personal cultural touchstones. That said, I think the Final Fantasy-ness of Kingdom Hearts is worse than the Disney parts, or at least it is with KH's original cast, but that's just my hot take from that first episode.

Maybe that'll improve, and at least it's something that can improve; I can't say the same about the actual gameplay, certainly not after seeing that goddamned platforming stuff. Uggghhhhh.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#548 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:11 pm

Yeah I didn't like 3D platformers at the time, but I liked FF enough that I wanted to try the first KH out. I remember those damned trees in that race with Riku. Also why would you call one of your main characters Riku when Rikku was one of the cast of the most recent FF at the time?

The platforming and combat were both lacklustre to me, the FF is pretty sparse and the Disney license stuff never really got me. But hey, once again watching someone else play the game and talk about it makes it more tolerable to me.

John Layfield

Post#549 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:33 pm

I played as far as Monstro in the first KH before dropping off forever. I remember it being kinda crummy. Bad platforming and dull combat. But part of me was also just grumpy that it wasn't the "crossover" I wanted. It's way more Disney, with cameos, rather than a mix of Disney and FF worlds, which I would have liked.

And, of course, by now, the Final Fantasy stuff is basically nothing. It's a crossover between Disney and Nomura's OCs by now.

Delthazar

Post#550 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:45 pm

Final Fantasy changes so much between iterations that it's hard to tell if it even has "series fans" any more, or just a whole lot of people split into various camps. The 16-bit camp, the PS1 camp, the people who only played X, the Ivalice folks (that's me I guess), the fuckin' dorks who somehow like all the XIII games, etc.

There's like one dude in a goon basement somewhere who still plays FFXI and refuses to move onto XIV. Just one though, nearly extinct, like seeing a white rhino in the wild, or a Vanilla WoW truther.

I think straight-up Disney games, if done well, would be way more interesting, and I don't even care at all about Disney. Like, those old Genesis games were oddly well made for licensed products. People seemed to like Epic Mickey. Whatever that Cuphead thing is would be perfect for a Steamboat Willie game.

Return to “NEW DONK CITY”