[Final Fantasy] We are all Basch.

Take me Kong to the New Donk City where the bananas aren't green and the girls are Diddy.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Final Fantasy] We are all the-Basch.

Post#426 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:16 pm

Never heard of FFBE, but since it's free, I'll give it a shot!

HunterF
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post#427 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:28 pm

It's a grindy gacha game. Lotsa repeating the same content over and over again, and what characters you can get(summon) is completely random. Oh, and of course, there's tons of microtransactions. I haven't paid a cent, but I've also been very lucky. I mean, I just pulled Orlandeau today, and he's one of the very best characters in the game. However, he's a one trick pony, so I probably will only use him situationally since I already have Fryevia, who is also one of the very best characters in the game. I mainly just play it at work(I mean, what else am I supposed to do, work?) There is a story mode to go through, and it's very Final Fantasy, but they sure are dribbling it out very slowly.

I guess just be forewarned. FFBE can be pretty fun, but don't let it suck you in and waste all your money. Also, if you do get way into it, let me know. We'll swap friend codes and you can borrow my awesome Fryevia that way.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post#428 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:05 pm

I started it and I just... don't get it? Do you just tap the character names and they attack randomly? I don't seem to be able to select a target or do anything other than a basic attack.

I did use all my summoning tickets and I got Wakka of all people from FFX... my least favorite character.

HunterF

Post#429 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:17 pm

Yeah, the controls are weird. You have to swipe on a character to do something other than attack. If you hold your finger on the character, a sub-menu should pop up to show you the options. Swipe up to normal attack. Swipe down to defend. Swipe right to open the abilities menu. Swipe left to open the items menu. Tap a specific enemy to target them. Hold your finger on the enemy or one of your character's sprites to get a detailed list of stats and buffs.

And yeah, Wakka is the boobie prize of this banner. If you already used up all your free summons and you don't like who you got, you can re-roll your account and try again. Rikku and Tidus are the good ones, but don't hold your breath on Tidus. You literally have like a 1% chance to get a base five star on a rare summon. You have a 20% percent chance to get a base 4 star like Rikku, however, and since she's on the banner, any base 4 star you pull has a 50% chance to be her. (See what I mean about the random bullshit?)

I get it if it's not for you. Like I said, it's just a time waster at work for me.

Oh, can you access the main menu yet? If so, check your mail to get your free 10+1 summon ticket. That combined with the free daily pull gives you 12 chances to get someone good.

DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Post#430 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:13 pm

Aw, I like Wakka!

I got some great units for the 1st year anniversary. Hunter's right that it's ultimately silly gacha, but unlike virtually every other mobile, you *can* actually succeed on 90% of the content without paying real money. The last 10% is for the true whales and isn't that important anyway. It might be my favorite mobile game out there.

Delthazar
The balance needs to be re-addressed. / DRAGONS! EAT THEM RAWWWW (0-38) / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia

Post#431 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:16 pm

I liked it when Wakka shoved Tidus off a cliff.

HunterF

Post#432 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:42 am

In WoFF, I just decided to ride around the world map in my Magitek Armor and it started playing the FF6 overworld theme. This is pretty awesome.

HunterF

Post#433 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:03 am

Thor damn this game's sense of humor. Ramuh's description:

"His judgement bolt reduces everything to ash. His mortal enemy, therefore, must be a pile of ash, because...well, what can he do to it?"

Delthazar
The balance needs to be re-addressed. / DRAGONS! EAT THEM RAWWWW (0-38) / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia

Post#434 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:55 am

FFXII HD is out tomorrow. I totally blanked on that until now.

I don't think I'll grab it at launch but I'll try to get to it before the end of the year.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post#435 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:17 am

For $50? I'm gonna wait. I still wish they released it to Vita. I would play the shit out of it portably.

DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Post#436 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:41 am

XII elicited some very mixed emotions from me. It's very pretty and I like the earthy, lived-in colors of its world. But I never forgave it for moving the series away from turn-based combat and only two of the six characters (Balthier and Fran) were even remotely interesting to me. Plus, I didn't think its particular blend of fantasy and tech elements meshed well together.

Ah well. Maybe it's due for another chance. If I pick up the remaster, it'll probably be during the holidays.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#437 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:27 pm

Now I just gotta wait for it to come to PC.

HunterF

Post#438 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:20 pm

Thanks to Amazon Prime, I got it for $40 bucks with free two day shipping. I'll let you know whether or not it sucks.

HunterF

Post#439 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Man, I'd forgotten how goofy the FFXII outfits are. One of the soldiers has a "chestpiece" that's literally a collar and nothing else. His entire man-boobies are hanging out for all to see. Still, I guess you can't complain about the women having silly sexy outfits.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post#440 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:06 pm

I certainly can! ... I won't, but I totally could.

HunterF

Post#441 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:21 am

Man, the camera in this game is terrible.

True Perception

Post#442 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:41 am

Hmm. I don't remember the camera. Is it a change to the new one, or left over from before, and just seems bad by today's standard?

Delthazar

Post#443 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:10 am

I can't remember if 2006 was before people started binding camera movement to the right analog or putting in a center button.

Anyway, reviews are good. All the job system stuff + nostalgia leftover from legit liking XII a lot the first time around will be enough to sell me eventually, just not at $50 USD. Kind of a tall order for a remaster even if it's a really great one. That fitty bones will get me most or all of the big ticket stuff that's hitting next month.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#444 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:31 pm

Yeah I'm waiting for a potential PC version, then probably for it to go on sale. I still maintain that the cactoids in 12 are better than the cactaurs in the rest of the series.

HunterF

Post#445 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:38 pm

True Perception wrote:Hmm. I don't remember the camera. Is it a change to the new one, or left over from before, and just seems bad by today's standard?

I think it's a leftover. It's bound to an analog stick, but it freaks out in any tight area, so if you try to move it at all, it's suddenly inside your character, or pointing straight up, that sort of thing.

Man, why is Vaan even in this game? Not only are Balthier and Ashe way cooler, but they have much better VA's, too.

Delthazar

Post#446 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:43 pm

I have a weird feeling he was probably added/bumped up at the 11th hour because focus testing wasn't comfortable with girls and their icky cooties. XII is totally Ashe's story, or Ashe as the clearest lead of an ensemble group, like Terra in VI. Vaan basically fades into the background after the first act.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#447 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:59 pm

They love their blonde white dudes, especially as protaganists. Cloud was cool right? Lets do that again... with Zell (not main), Ramza, Zidane (not super blonde), Tidus, Vaan. They quite like the sporty board-shorts kind of look for these characters too, they're like gnarly and radical bro. When they finally stepped away from trying to make blonde dude Cloud 2.0 they decided instead to do lady Cloud with Lightning.

Delthazar

Post#448 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:03 pm

And even with Lightning we still got Snow, too.

HunterF

Post#449 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:48 pm

Gawd, shut up, Vaan! If they're gonna shoe-horn him into the story and give him all these "emotional" scenes, couldn't they at least give him a good VA? Everyone else has good VA's.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#450 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:56 pm

"I'm Baasch Von Ronsenburg from Dalmasca!" was really the FFX awkward laughing scene of FF12 for me, and it just draaaaaaagged.

Return to “NEW DONK CITY”