[Final Fantasy] We are all the-Basch.

Take me Kong to the New Donk City where the bananas aren't green and the girls are Diddy.
Delthazar
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Re: [Final Fantasy] We are all the-Basch.

Post#451 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:26 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:"I'm Baasch Von Ronsenburg from Dalmasca!" was really the FFX awkward laughing scene of FF12 for me, and it just draaaaaaagged.

Worth it retroactively for the old Mega64 skit. But yeah, pretty bad, though I still think the laughing scene is worse.

I watched Xavier stream a little XII last night. I love how the new job system works, I generally like how the remaster looks (though it's hard for me to suss-out its exact visual quality from a stream, much less a stream running through my forest internet), but there's definitely aspects of XII's overall direction which age it in ways no mere remaster can completely modernize without going much deeper (and spending much more money.)

Mainly it was the in-engine cutscenes I think. The way some of those are shot just feels super weird looking at them again in 2017. It's hard to even explain. I guess a lot of subtle iteration has happened in this area in the last decade which you don't always notice until it's gone. Not just in camerawork and editing, but also mocapping as well, probably. Going back to KOTOR after Mass Effect (or back to Neverwinter Nights after Dragon Age) might produce a similar jarring feeling.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post#452 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:32 pm

Even if you accept that the laughing scene in FFX is supposed to be bad (and it is, make no mistake) there has to be a better way of getting that across to the player than annoying them too.

I really want to play FFXII but might wait on it. I dunno.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post#453 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:24 pm

If it was sub-$30, I would totally jump.

HunterF
AKA "Bulma" / They call this the logical results. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post#454 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:11 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:"I'm Baasch Von Ronsenburg from Dalmasca!" was really the FFX awkward laughing scene of FF12 for me, and it just draaaaaaagged.

Ugh, I just did that part and it suuuuucked. I started singing a little song about how much fun I wasn't having.

Also,
phpBB [video]

Also, better facial animations than Andromeda.

Delthazar
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Post#455 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:33 pm

QL

phpBB [video]

I forgot about the audio issues. I guess they probably compressed the voice tracks to save space on the original DVDs, then lost the masters sometime afterwards, so they had nothing else to work with here. It's not that bad though. Kinda gives the cutscenes a silver age Hollywood feel. Heh.

I forgot how much I enjoy the story stuff in XII and its vaguely Shakespearean presentation which I guess is yet another shared trait of the Ivalice games I totally blanked on until now. Considering how much stock high fantasy has these days thanks to Game of Thrones and whatnot, this part of XII might feel more at home in 2017 than I realized.

$30 is the right price though, yeah. It should find itself on sale somewhere around that pricepoint by Christmas. I'll get it then.

Delthazar

Post#456 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:58 pm

John Layfield wrote:the laughing scene in FFX

phpBB [video]

Delthazar

Post#457 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:37 am

Final Fantasy XV is finally getting its PC version in early 2018... and also a "pocket" version for iOS/Android that's been stylized to look kinda like a PS1/PS2 de-make.

http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xv-pock ... 300284/amp

I guess if XV is dated for PC early 2018 we can probably expect XII HD on the PC later the same year.

e: ahahaha FFXV PC is 170GB

DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Post#458 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:57 pm

That art style is downright bizarre, at least in my book.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post#459 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:13 am

I've heard good things about 15, so I'd at least try a PC port, but there's no way my current laptop can handle it. It's been crapping out over streaming video lately. I want a desktop, next time around.

Return to “NEW DONK CITY”