[Game News] + Upcoming + General Games Chat

Take me Kong to the New Donk City where the bananas aren't green and the girls are Diddy.
Thryy Wyrd Tyyns / DRAGONS! EAT THEM RAWWWW (0-15) / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia

Re: [Game News] + Upcoming + General Games Chat

Post#801 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:14 pm

Bier_Engel wrote:Looks kind of like an old PS1-era RPG.

Yeah, it's definitely reminding me of some of the weirder smaller JRPGs on the PS1/Saturn. Plus the interactive diorama look is a strong look. The producer on this previously headed the Bravely series so that's a good, solid pedigree, too.

Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Post#802 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:32 pm

I never actually played the Bravely games. From what I remember, the gameplay was applauded as creative and fun but the storylines were considered lackluster. Accurate?

Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post#803 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:58 pm

Pretty much. I played the first one and liked it, until the plot hit a certain point and a lot of shit repeated over and over (can't say why without it being a spoiler) so I sort of wanted to rush and get it over with at that point. For that raisin, I never played the second.

I am most certainly in the mood for something salty today.

Post#804 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:05 am

Falcon Critical wrote:Seems Squeenix is continuing the nostalgia roll with Valkyrie Profile.

Presumably this is a port of the original game, which to be honest is probably better than any kind of remake. VP is one of my favourite games of all time.

Looks like they're bringing it to... smartphone? Not sure how well that battle system would translate.

I love VP and I'm still trying to hold out hope that this is some sort of path to a Valkyrie Profile 3. If wishes were horses, or however that goes.

I bought Exist Archive for cheap because it uses the same battle system. Haven't actually played it yet, because why would I do that? Thor I need me some of that sweet, sweet VP battle system though.

Return to “NEW DONK CITY”