[Gaming News] + Upcoming Games + General Games Chat

Take me Kong to the New Donk City where the bananas aren't green and the girls are Diddy.
John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Re: [Gaming News] + Upcoming Games + General Games Chat

Post#776 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:25 pm

I'm glad they have names and numbers on their shirts, so they're easily identifiable by the referee across a field.

I'm in favour of the client they use for OWL being very different from the normal game, in terms of skins, layout, etc, to help spectators.

John Layfield

Post#777 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:29 pm

Also try not to say "London Spitfire, made up of the two best Korean teams" and based in the US.

Delthazar
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Post#778 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:50 pm

HEY JEFF NEXT HERO ANNOUNCEMENT WHEN

JEFF

HEY JEFF

Delthazar
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Post#779 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:02 pm

Also neat that subs are a thing in OWL. I wonder how long it'll take a team to use one and how that'll effect stuff like team chemistry and morale. (San Fran probably should've subbed-in someone for whoever was playing Mercy for them yesterday.)

It's nice to see a fairly wide range of heroes in use, too. I wouldn't have expected too many Junkrats, Roadhogs, Moiras, or Zaryas, but all four are in play at the moment.

Delthazar

Post#780 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:48 pm

"despite the deluge of damage"

OWL commentators just gotta sneak in as much alliteration as possible.

John Layfield

Post#781 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:56 pm

I wonder what breaks ties in league standings. You've got to imagine, even by season end, there's a good chance of some teams having identical records.

Delthazar

Post#782 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:06 pm

Good question, I don't see quite that much detail on the OWL site. Maybe in the case of tied standings they'll start breaking down each team's individual map records.

Like, there's gonna be a lot of 4-0 or 3-1 victories, but in some cases one of those four maps will have itself ended at like 8-5, like last night's opener, so that's gonna give you a broader statistical base to play with.

Maybe that's also why they always do the full four maps even after a team wins the first three.

Delthazar

Post#783 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:21 pm

John Layfield wrote:Also, I don't know that much about Overwatch so a little more primer stuff would be nice, either on stream or on the league website.

Not really a primer exactly, but they've started doing weekly recap videos which are pretty good at breaking down some of the squad tactics and stuff.

Squad.

phpBB [video]

Squad.

phpBB [video]

Squad.

Delthazar

Post#784 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:08 pm

I just noticed they have home/away colour variants for all the teams. The Shock's colours are way better with white as the primary and orange the secondary.

Return to “NEW DONK CITY”