[Gaming News] + Upcoming Games + General Games Chat

Take me Kong to the New Donk City where the bananas aren't green and the girls are Diddy.
Delthazar
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Re: [Gaming News] + Upcoming Games + General Games Chat

Post#701 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:10 pm

They'll probably have something around Thanksgiving also, as will Humble and others.

Humble also has a Halloween sale on right now. Probably just a lot of the same stuff that's also on sale on Steam.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/prom ... ween-sale/

Delthazar
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Post#702 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:27 am

eff yeah free Night in the Woods expansion

phpBB [video]

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post#703 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:41 pm

Hmm. Not sure how I feel about that Last of Us 2 trailer yet. It didn't quite feel like TLOU. Looks solid, though. We shall see...

Delthazar

Post#704 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:49 pm

Runic Games has closed down. That's pretty sad, even if being one of the only non-MMO developers acquired by the very MMO-centric Perfect World probably meant the writing was on the wall ages ago.

I liked Torchlight a lot back in the day. Probably more than modern Diablo, actually. It looks like Runic has some kinda Torchlight announcement coming before they go completely silent, so that's cool I guess. Hope they all land on their feet.

Delthazar

Post#705 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:04 pm

New Overwatch stuff from Blizzcon.

Moira.

phpBB [video]

Boy I really don't know how to feel about the design. Looks like three separate character concepts crammed into one person. (also I was hoping for Queen)

...Blizzard World... theme park map?

phpBB [video]

So Blizzard the company and all of Blizzard's other games exist within the universe of Overwatch, a game by Blizzard. ahhhhhhh smoke is pouring out my ears like one of Harry Mudd's broken androids

also another animated short I'll watch later

phpBB [video]

finally it looks like Razer knows exactly how to get my wallet out

https://www.razerzone.com/licensed-and- ... rwatch-dva

Delthazar

Post#706 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:25 pm

I think I'd rather punch myself in the balls than try to play this

Blizzard finally relents to years of fan pressure with World of Warcraft Classic

Spoiler :
World of Warcraft Classic? I thought that already came out and it was called Wildstar! hyuck hyuck

DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Post#707 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:58 pm

I read the article and couldn't figure it out. What exactly is WoWC going to be?

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post#708 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:01 pm

Vanilla WoW, or basically, the game before any expansions came out. I remember those days, but this wouldn't bring me back.

DHerder222

Post#709 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:39 pm

So why is there a subsection of fans clamoring for this? Do they think the expansions ruined the game somehow?

Bier_Engel

Post#710 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:41 pm

Yes, I can see fans being like that. Personally, I liked Burning Crusade (second expansion) but hated the third and quit shortly after it came out. That said, without growth and new shit, what's the point? Nostalgia is one thing, but an MMO can't sustain that era forever without people getting bored.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post#711 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:47 pm

I mean, WoW is so different to back then it's practically a different game and unlike other retro games, it's not as easy as just buying an old copy or emulating.

Bier_Engel

Post#712 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:11 am

The slim, 1TB model PS4 is about to go on sale beginning November 19th for $200. I might pick one up... but I'm also still working on my PS3 backlog... I'd feel stupid buying it and letting it sit, but I'd feel even more stupid paying more down the line once I'm ready, knowing that it was once cheaper. What do you guys think?

Flarecake
Never Stops Winning Too Much, Again / CF-NHL Technical Champion 2016

Post#713 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:27 pm

I have a PS4 and I really like it, personally.

Delthazar

Post#714 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:34 pm

Same. It's totally bumped my old PS3 out of the rotation at this point. $200 is a great price, too. Even if you just pick it up to futureproof for games you might not play for a while, I'd say it's worth it, and I doubt the standard price will hit $200 for at least another year.

Bier_Engel

Post#715 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:51 pm

Hmm, well, I guess the sale lasts all week, and I get paid that week...

Delthazar

Post#716 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:07 pm

(keep in mind though that any opinions I have about pricing are skewed 'cause I'm an outlander :can )

A couple other perks: Steam now has proper support for the Dual Shock 4, so having a PS4 and therefore one if its controllers laying around should also solve your control issues on your laptop.

Also, just having a modern console available might also save you from paying a whole lot more money for a new desktop PC for a while longer, assuming games are your impetus for doing so.

Bier_Engel

Post#717 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:12 pm

What is it in CAD?

And nice! Saves me the trouble of getting a specific Steam controller, then, which I've been thinking about. As for the desktop, that was mostly due to issues of my laptop freezing and crashing a lot, despite being under 2 years old. Hasn't happened lately, though, so I wonder if the issues were caused by the summer heat making my hardware overheat. And yes, getting this PS4 would make me hold off on the desktop, but for money raisins, not gaming specific raisins. I haven't really come across any deals on desktops yet, though, and it's been kind of on the back burner, anyway.

Delthazar

Post#718 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:27 pm

$200 :usa probably works out to around $250 :can

There's still a few minor kinks with using a PS4 controller in Steam, like some games will still display button prompts in Xbox format which can take a little getting used to, and depending on the game you might want to remap stuff via Steam's controller options, but any game with a big enough playerbase usually has user-made configurations you can easily switch to in the same menus rather than fiddling too much yourself.

It's not as smooth as plugging in a 360/XB1 pad (and maybe the Steam controller?) but it's worlds better than any of the older third-party drivers.

Bier_Engel

Post#719 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:33 pm

The weird thing is, I have a 360 controller. I feel like I tried that with Life is Strange and it still acted funny... but that was nearly a year ago at this point. I still need to give that game another chance, as the controls are what killed it for me. I'll see what happens with the PS4 controller.

Edit: Also, this means I can get the PS4 version of the FFIX remaster (with trophies!) instead of the Steam version, too. Nothing like buying a PS4 to play a PS1 game I've already beaten 3 times!

Delthazar

Post#720 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:07 pm

Heh, speaking of Life is Strange and rebuying games you already own, LiS also has a PS4 version which goes on sale pretty often for like, $5 for the whole season. So if the Steam version still feels bad even with a PS4 controller, boom, get it on PS4 and never have to bother with controller configuration or laptop performance again. Wouldn't be surprised if it's on sale at the same time as the console if it's Thanksgiving thing, and it certainly will be by Christmas.

Though if yer laptop was overheating that could be part of the problem. Next time you feel like poking at it, might wanna turn on Steam's FPS counter if you haven't already (Settings > In-Game) just to make sure the framerate isn't affecting the controls in some weird way.

Flarecake
Never Stops Winning Too Much, Again / CF-NHL Technical Champion 2016

Post#721 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:09 pm

It was actually one of the free games with PS+ a couple months ago, back in May or June, I forget which. That's why we got and played it.

DHerder222

Post#722 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:13 pm

Might have to look closer at Injustice 2 now.

Return to “NEW DONK CITY”