[Gaming News] + Upcoming Games + General Games Chat

Take me Kong to the New Donk City where the bananas aren't green and the girls are Diddy.
True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Re: [Gaming News] + Upcoming Games + General Games Chat

Post#601 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:46 pm

No SD3 for you!

Any news yet on the remake of Radiant Historia getting translated?

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post#602 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:08 pm

I was under the impression that it was a sequel? In any case, the Japanese info on the game won't even be announced until tomorrow (in our time zone) so it'll probably be a while before we hear one way or the other on anything in English.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post#603 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:09 pm

It's absolutely a remake of the DS original.

Bier_Engel

Post#604 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:25 pm

Meh, not interested, then, since I played the original within the last year.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post#605 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:59 pm

There's apparently an entirely new path. So, it might still be good for you, and even John, who is playing it right now.

True Perception

Post#606 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:22 pm

So... new Valkyria game coming to PS4 and Vita.

True Perception

Post#607 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:49 pm

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/04/07/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-4112017/

Looks like Cosmic Star Heroine is finally coming out. I'll have to add it to the list.

Delthazar
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Post#608 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:40 pm

Oh man, they added the proper TOS sets. That boosts my interest by about 100%.

phpBB [video]

It still feels like something I won't play for years or however long it takes for VR to become affordable and enough people I know to bother getting headsets.

The more bridges the better, too. NX-01, 1701 Khan variant, 1701-D, Defiant... just, all the bridges, okay?

Delthazar
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Post#609 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:40 pm

Pathfinder: Kingmaker is getting a CRPG adaption by Owlcat, which appears to be a new studio, but more importantly it's being written by Chris Avellone, who's pretty much The Guy for RPG writing and game writing in general these days.

http://www.pcgamer.com/chris-avellone-a ... kingmaker/
https://owlcatgames.com/

I'm right in the middle of a Kingmaker campaign on Roll20 so I'm kinda fascinated to see how this will make the transition. Also I'm unaware of any other Pathfinder adaptions so getting a new take on those mechanics could be an interesting thing.

Kingmaker in particular might interest people here 'cause of its Suikoden-like recruitment and kingdom building systems. Some of y'all have experience with Pathfinder in general, right? Herder? John? Dale? Minh? Boomhauer?

John Layfield

Post#610 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:07 pm

Yeah, I was in a long-term Pathfinder campaign for a few years. Don't care about the setting at all, but I like the system itself fine enough. Will be interesting to see what comes from this.

True Perception

Post#611 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:46 pm

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time is getting a digital release. I might grab it if the price is right.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#612 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:14 pm

I haven't played any of Pathfinder, I'm DMing in 5e but that's far simpler system-wise. Definitely excited to see what they produce though, I'm into pretty much all D&D systems.

Delthazar

Post#613 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:51 pm

DONTNOD confirmed today they've been working on a follow-up to Life is Strange since the LiS retail releases a while back, but there aren't any details yet. They'll say more "when the time is right."

Let's avoid speculation for now since not all of us have finished Season 1. But maybe since they announced this now that means we'll get more information at E3 next month, but I kinda doubt it. A 2018 release wouldn't be surprising though if it's already been in development a while.

LiS Season 1 sold 3 million copies, too.

Bier_Engel

Post#614 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:52 pm

Shit, I'm still in the beginning due to not liking the controls, but I am intrigued by the story.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#615 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:20 pm

There's been a lot of speculation that the second season would have different characters. I'd be into that, give me some more characters to hella love.

True Perception

Post#616 » Sat May 20, 2017 5:32 am

It would need to. Otherwise it would countermand the choices you made, or have to be a massive game to allow for those choices to be represented. It would be interesting to be able to replay the first game to get a different story in Season 2, but I don't think that'll happen.

Delthazar

Post#617 » Fri May 26, 2017 7:38 am

Man, Far Cry 5, huh.

phpBB [video]

It could be a broken mess, it could fall well short of its narrative mark or leap way too far in any number of ill-advised directions, but despite all those possibilities it'll still be the most interesting thing in the series by a country mile.

John Layfield

Post#618 » Fri May 26, 2017 7:42 am

If they hedge their bets too far on the "these are outliers, they don't represent us, they distort our values, our flag, etc" stuff and dances around gender and race with inclusive cultists, then the game loses 99% of its impact and just becomes bad near-future fiction with nothing to say, in the same vein as Homefront.

Delthazar

Post#619 » Fri May 26, 2017 7:44 am

Yeah, totally. I have no idea how they're gonna walk that tightrope but I really can't wait to find out.

Delthazar

Post#620 » Fri May 26, 2017 8:49 am

This stood out to me as strange for whatever raisin.

But much of the context we have about how the cult is presented to players in the game was told to Ars Technica under varying levels of embargo. We were told (but not shown) how much of FC5's introduction will play out, and we were told a few bizarre stories that Ubisoft producers insist are true—but cannot ever be retold, either to protect the people involved or to prevent us from doing any fact-checking on whether they really happened.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/05/ ... d-america/

Some of what I'm reading about this event reminds me a little too much of Ubi's E3 presentation for the original Watch Dogs, and how far off the mark that game turned out to be when it finally came out.

True Perception

Post#621 » Fri May 26, 2017 4:02 pm

I've never played a Far Cry, but I might have to try this one...

True Perception

Post#622 » Fri May 26, 2017 4:32 pm

I don't know how these three play on Android, but I'd say if you haven't played them, go for it. Certainly worth $5.

https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile/epic-platformers-mobile-bundle

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#623 » Sat May 27, 2017 3:02 pm

Recent Far Cry games have been pretty tonedeaf and played into stereotypes. Sure they've had some dynamic villains, but most of the rest of the casts have been terrible. Like that Hurk dude that they seem to love and put in all the recent games.

Delthazar

Post#624 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:15 am

Seaman could be the first of the old Sega properties to get a refresh.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-s ... 0-6450393/

Square could be willing to let the rights to Hitman go, allowing the series to continue.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... ies-future

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#625 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:52 pm

The Hitman thing is interesting, I wonder if it didn't sell well despite the positive coverage.

Return to “NEW DONK CITY”