[Gaming News] + Upcoming Games + General Games Chat

Take me Kong to the New Donk City where the bananas aren't green and the girls are Diddy.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Gaming News] + Upcoming Games + General Games Chat

Post#676 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:14 pm

I almost gone Okami on sale last time there was a PSN sale but I guess I'll just hold off. I'm sure I'll get a PS4 eventually, or perhaps just get the PC version once I get a real desktop.

in my opinion, Tales of Symphonia was pretty outdated to me when I played it earlier this year. Super-tropey and predicable, and went on for way too long than it had any right to.

Delthazar
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Post#677 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:46 pm

I liked Vesperia years ago but it never moved me to play any of the other Tales games. I might give Berseria a shot eventually though since I've heard good things. Or at least better things than usual, I guess.

But yeah, even Vesperia was pretty tropey. Its characters and especially its lead (Troy Baker!) were good enough to get me past that hurdle, but these games always seem so aggressively rooted in the oldest of old-ass anime and JRPG conventions that unless the execution is unusually rock-solid or there's some kinda twist, nah, I'm out.

(Tales is probably still better than Star Ocean has been since the PS1.)

Bier_Engel

Post#678 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:20 pm

Oh man, I can't get into Star Ocean at all, and couldn't even in high school when a friend at the time loaned me 2 of the games. HATED those.

I LOVED Vesperia though, tropes aside. Graces F and Hearts R were okay. I beat them. Symphonia was slog for me but I did it. There's a sequel to Symphonia that I tried for 10 minutes and fucking hated and abandoned.

I've heard good things about Abyss but my PS2 fucked on out me when my friend let me borrow it. I'm thinking of getting the DS remake but haven't gotten around to it yet. I've heard it was one of the best ones.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post#679 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:48 pm

You guys heard that Alliance Alive is coming Stateside in early 2018?

Delthazar
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Post#680 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:20 pm

Hopefully it sells well enough to encourage a sequel on a platform I actually own.

Looks like there's a tentative agreement in place to end the SAG-AFTRA strike. Good news for fans of cool voice actors and decent labour practices, which should be all of you, really.

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article ... end-strike

I wonder what this means for games in-progress like the new Life is Strange, which has already released an episode with a replacement actor but now suddenly finds itself in the position where they could hypothetically get Ashly Burch back for the next three. I guess at the very least this all but guarantees the return of Hannah Telle for the bonus.

How weird would it be if they put out a DLC voice pack with re-recorded dialogue? I can only think of a couple other times that's happened.

Bier_Engel

Post#681 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:18 pm

True Perception wrote:You guys heard that Alliance Alive is coming Stateside in early 2018?

I pre-ordered it despite knowing little about it. I figure it's Atlus and turn-based so I'll probably like it. I have the new Strange Journey remake pre-ordered too. Never played the original but it's been on my list, so I figure why not?

Delthazar

Post#682 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:40 pm

There's a Complete version of Horizon Zero Dawn coming on December 5th, which includes the base game, the upcoming Frozen Wilds expansion, and all the digital deluxe DLC, for about 50 bones. Jump on it.

Delthazar

Post#683 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:52 pm

A trailer for Before the Storm Episode 2 will be out tomorrow, which could mean the episode itself will be out in a few days if DONTNOD's example set by LiS Season 1 holds. Guess I gotta get my PS4 unpacked and set up.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#684 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:29 am

I'm avoiding the trailer, but it does seem that it's next week it comes out!

Delthazar

Post#685 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:23 pm

Beware: it looks like the XB1 version of Episode 2 has leaked early and people are already streaming it. The PS4 version is also mistakenly available to download, but is locked. So there's probably a heightened risk of spoilers for the next week leading into the proper intended release date.

Flarecake
Never Stops Winning Too Much, Again / CF-NHL Technical Champion 2016

Post#686 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:20 pm

So, I'm thinking about getting a 3DS. I'm assuming other people here have one? To buy or not to buy?

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post#687 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:30 pm

Sure! Lots of good games on the 3DS!

Bier_Engel

Post#688 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:49 pm

Absolutely buy, especially if you like RPGs and strategy games. It's my favorite modern system.

Aside from the Pokemon games, there are the new wave of Fire Emblem games (Awakening, the Fates Trilogy, and Shadow of Valentia), Persona Q, SMT IV and SMT IV: Apocalypse, The Devil Survivor series, also a few other SMT games I don't even have yet, the Tales of the Abyss remake (currently playing that), Animal Crossing, Bravely Default/Second... the list goes on. Plus, it's backwards compatible with the regular DS, so if you also missed out on that system, there's a TON to catch up on.

Flarecake
Never Stops Winning Too Much, Again / CF-NHL Technical Champion 2016

Post#689 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:59 pm

Oh! I didn't know about the backwards compatibility! That's awesome! I do have a DS (special Zelda edition when Phantom Hourglass came out), but I want some of the Fire Emblem games and the new Pokemon and whatnot.

Bier_Engel

Post#690 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:26 pm

Logged tons of hours on just those series' alone, so I'd say it's worth it. There's still stuff coming out, too. I have 2 games pre-ordered for 2018.

Delthazar

Post#691 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:36 pm

At this point I'm unlikely to get a 3DS but I definitely want a Switch. So hey Nintendo how about doing some kinda compilation of older Fire Emblems on that thing, huh, huh

In shittier news, EA has shuttered Visceral and "indefinitely delayed"/"refocused" (read: cancelled or cannibalized) Amy Hennig's Star Wars game. The brief glimpses we saw of it kinda looked like an Uncharted-like with an incredibly stunning Star Wars skin. It probably would've been pretty cool and sold just fine, but hey, I'm not an EA accountant, so

Best of luck to the people at Visceral who didn't deserve to suddenly be unemployed 'cause some suit saw a couple hours of Destiny 2 and decided they want that instead, or whatever.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post#692 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:09 pm

Fuck! Why do they keep doing that to the Star Wars games that look to have the most potential?

True Perception

Post#693 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:46 am

What is Steam Friends?

Return to “NEW DONK CITY”