[Stardew Valley] Movin' to the country, gonna vore a lot of peaches

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Stardew Valley] Movin' to the country, gonna vore a lot of peaches

Post by Falcon Critical » 5 months ago

You should check out https://upload.farm/ you can link to your savefile and it creates a profile for your farm, with all your details.

This is my current layout. Since I refuse to build a barn I'm counting on the travelling merchant to give me large milk or large goat milk.. that's the only thing left for the greenhouse and by extension the entire community centre. Anyway, I'm having fun with cute layouts and lots of bunnies.

Delthazar
The Algol OG / DRAGONS! EAT 'EM RAW! (8-7) / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia

Post by Delthazar » 5 months ago

Haha, your farm is far better organized than mine.

Almost everything I do at this point is in either the greenhouse (year-round hops farm) or the cellar (kegs 'n' casks), so I've kinda just let the trees run rampant over like 70% of the property. I am slowly making inroads though. Starting to double-up on cobblestone paths, then I'll clean up the trees a little, maybe start thinking about a proper run for the animals - even if I only keep about one of each.

Probably gonna move all my crafting stations and storage chests into the empty shed. Currently most of that stuff just kinda lays around randomly outside, so occasionally one will get wrecked by weather or weeds.

Got my first Void Egg last night, which I tossed into the incubator to get a Void Chick. So I guess I'll have an easy source of more Void Eggs pretty soon.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

My first farm was more like yours, I didn't feel like I needed most of the space so I let it 'go to seed'. This time around I wanted a much more controlled look, and the Forest map with its unplowable grass areas kinda forces you to make zones like mine.

It's hard to see due to autumn browning the grass, but the area between the house and greenhouse is unfarmable grass, similarly the bottom right from the bottom of my flower gardens to my livestock fence you can't run crops on.

When it gets to winter I'm probably going to experiment with replacing all the stone paths on my farm with the aged wood path you can see between my wheat field and vineyard, since it's a lot warmer looking.

Delthazar
The Algol OG / DRAGONS! EAT 'EM RAW! (8-7) / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia

Out of curiosity I downloaded a time mod which stops time when indoors, which (I think) matches Harvest Moon's old behavior. I wonder if it'll feel too much like a cheat in Stardew Valley if I don't remember it being that big a deal in Harvest Moon, but Stardew wasn't balanced around it, so who knows.

If the mines and skull cave count as indoors, then yeah. :pac

Delthazar

Trip report: that time mod only affects non-combat spaces, so the mines work the same as before. Not that game balance is really too big a deal in a game this chill.

Heh, but now that virtually everything I do happens inside my greenhouse or cellar, I can get through my daily routine in about 20 in-game minutes thanks to that mod. Guess I'll spend all this free time fishin'.

I also finally finished the community center and all the S-Link related achievements. Looks like my biggest remaining goal on my original save is building Pam's house, which is a 500k investment. Gonna take a while to get there even with the brewery running full tilt.

General farm update:

Built the Slime Hutch and the Stable, so now I've got all the buildings. Not... really sure of the purpose of slime ranching, but Abigail kept mentioning it, so... there it is. I put it about as far from the house as possible. Safety first.

It's kinda hard to make out all the cobblestone paths from this vantage but I've been putting in tons of those lately and widening the old ones. At the point now where I keep running out of stone. Gotta keep hitting the mines and quarry I guess.

Also, I moved all my sprinklers except the one Iridium into the greenhouse to ease hops production. So there ain't much happening outdoors all of a sudden.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Not a lot of changes on my farm, I did replace all the stone paths with the less aggressive looking aged wooden paths, and I used the slime eggs and incubator to birth two slimes in the bottom left area. They are now happily reproducing and sliming up the little forest.

I reached Spring Y3, so I got the Grandpa evaluation. I've still not managed to score a large milk or large goat milk so the greenhouse and comm center remain unfinished, which hurt my score. I did manage to dig up a dinosaur egg and friend up Shane for blue chickens, so I have one of each of those running around now.