CF-WRUP IV: play stuff, talk about it.

Take me Kong to the New Donk City where the bananas aren't green and the girls are Diddy.
Flarecake
Never Stops Winning Too Much, Again / CF-NHL Technical Champion 2016

Re: CF-WRUP IV: play stuff, talk about it.

Post#301 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:13 pm

So, we just got a Switch and have begun playing Breath of the Wild. It's definitely a bit of a slow start, but I think we'll get into it.

Delthazar
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Post#302 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:17 pm

I hear it basically turns into Skyrim after the first hour so I'm sure you'll probably dig it.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post#303 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:42 pm

Oh yeah, I've been played FE Fates: Revelation (the DLC route that you're supposed to play after the other 2). The problem is that since you get the characters from both routes combined (and their potential children), there are just SO many fucking characters that it's a bit overwhelming. That said, child units are optional, and you certainly don't need to recruit everyone, but I'm a completionist.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post#304 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:56 pm

My latest gaming obsession is KOF'98 UM OL (Ultimate Match Online). Yes it's a Gacha game, but man the KOF license gets me. Here's my current team:

Mary was probably the most gacha of the characters I have so far, you need 100 fragments to recruit her and depending on RNG and my performance in one of the minigames, I was getting 0-4 fragments per day... then they had a gem event where I could drop some funds and fast track my progress, so I did it XD

It's actually not that bad as far as gacha goes, at the end of each month they have a lucky cat event where you bet diamonds to get more diamonds - but you can't get fewer than you put in. The higher your VIP level (i.e. the more money you spent) the more chances you get and more diamonds you can win, but it's possible to get the limited release boss characters even if you don't drop any money, as long as you are disciplined.

Anyway, I've dropped some money on it and am having a lot of fun. Since the game came out in Japan, then Asia, and now Global - there's actually a lot of information for us about what's coming, and a Filipino guy has been posting good videos on YouTube to help us on Global to get the most out of the game.

There are a whole lot of different modes, but here's a video that shows quite a few of the characters in action:
phpBB [video]

The tournament mode is all 1v1s, so you can see a bunch of HuaHero's boss characters here too:
phpBB [video]

Yeah I'm pretty into it :pac

Delthazar
gregg rulz ok / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia / CF-NHL Golf Champ/Draft Loser 2016

Post#305 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:55 pm

I finally got around to installing my backup drive. Even after unloading nonessentials off my SSD I still have like 900GB free. How do I hold all these gigs?

So I guess I can finally get around to playing 30GB+ monstrosities like Metal Gear Solid V. Similarly big stuff like XCOM 2 and Overwatch will continue to live on the SSD though, and Fallout 4 with all its mods probably benefit a lot from the SSD's better speed.

Anyway. I also reinstalled Fire Emblem Heroes. It seems way more stable now and there's more to do, so that's nice. Logging in after a few months got me a ton of orbs which eventually got me a cool dragon lady from summoning. WE FEASTIN'

Bier_Engel

Post#306 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:19 pm

Delthazar wrote:Anyway. I also reinstalled Fire Emblem Heroes. It seems way more stable now and there's more to do, so that's nice. Logging in after a few months got me a ton of orbs which eventually got me a cool dragon lady from summoning. WE FEASTIN'

Wait, you still get the daily bonuses without logging in every day?

Delthazar

Post#307 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:23 pm

Good question. I think it was like two batches of ten and a few more thrown at me in pairs or individually, so maybe it was some kinda "welcome back please don't leave again" sorta thing.

I really gotta get my teams in order. I guess I was just rollin' with my bae squad before and ignoring little things like "balance" and folks who might be way more useful but just don't look cool.

Bier_Engel

Post#308 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:31 pm

Most of my teams are unbalanced because I just can't seem to get any green units that are worth a damn, if at all.

Delthazar

Post#309 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:37 pm

I have like four green axepeople and the only one I like is Anna. Too bad trading isn't a thing, but I guess that would get people balancing their squads too quickly and not spending cash on orbs.

I guess we can at least feed dudes into other dudes to learn new skills now? I should do that, unless those skills vanish the moment I unlock potential later.

Return to “NEW DONK CITY”