[SMT/Persona] Lu Bu wants to Scramble

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [SMT/Persona] 3 Ain't Enough, Man. I Need 5

Post by Delthazar » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:45 pm

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:08 pm

Heh, how to cheese part of Palace 6
Spoiler :
Having a persona like Arahabaki (Rpl Physical, Str Bless/Curse) with Makarakarn and Spirit Drain just in case makes these "one on one" battle arena fights a hilarious non-issue.

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:03 am

Spoiler :
Yeah, I used the elephant one that repels physical and I had put the skill that does aoe rage on him. It was fun watching the bad guys commit suicide.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:58 am

Regarding Futaba's Best Girl status
Spoiler :
Her fucking savage deconstruction of Mishima in her Rank 5 scene pretty much had me on the floor. I mean, if you're gonna say something like "kek" out loud, Mishima, you should probably expect to get righteously shat on. One of the funniest moments in the game.

I don't hate Mishima really, but I do appreciate how P5 gives you every opportunity to clown on the guy. The game knows his role, knows how players are likely to see him, and just goes for it. I love that so much after P3 (and P4 to a lesser extent) so often kinda forced the protag and the player to go along with similar goofballs.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:53 am

This is the game that doesn't end...

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:04 am

Deltron wrote:Regarding Futaba's Best Girl status
Spoiler :
Her fucking savage deconstruction of Mishima in her Rank 5 scene pretty much had me on the floor. I mean, if you're gonna say something like "kek" out loud, Mishima, you should probably expect to get righteously shat on. One of the funniest moments in the game.

I don't hate Mishima really, but I do appreciate how P5 gives you every opportunity to clown on the guy. The game knows his role, knows how players are likely to see him, and just goes for it. I love that so much after P3 (and P4 to a lesser extent) so often kinda forced the protag and the player to go along with similar goofballs.
I was cracking up during that part too.

Doing the final(?) dungeon with 14 days to spare, that way I have time if I need to leave and recover, as Hunter somewhat suggested. I may have to do just that.

That said, I've got most links maxed that I want maxed, so that's nice. Still only rank 4 in everything but knowledge, so Makoto, Haru and Sojiro aren't going to get any further this run. But since my last post, I also have Lovers, Chariot, Hermit, Emperor, Fortune maxed, and Star and Devil are getting close (8). Sun is still at 7 since he hasn't been around. Hanged Man and Tower are fairly low since I started them so late (5ish).

Oh, and Del, you *do* get that yen back from Chihaya! Just... late, when you don't need it as much anymore XD

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:50 am

Bier_Engel wrote:Doing the final(?) dungeon with 14 days to spare
Spoiler :

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:19 pm

Oh no!

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:45 pm

Very late game romance spoilers.
Spoiler :
Sojiro - "What the..? You''re about to bang your teacher in my store? I'll lock up. You guys have fun."

Sojiro, ultimate broheim.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:45 pm

Aaaaaand, done.

Time to complete: 127 hours.
All stats maxed.
15 Social Links maxed.
Spoiler :
1 teacher banged.
All but 1 request completed. (Stupid Morgana...)

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:03 pm

I'm at around 87 hours and in mid-December.

Social link spoilers:
Spoiler :
I ended up dating Hifumi, but it was basically an accident. I *thought* that I was dating Tae earlier because I made it obvious that I loved her during her rank 9 romance flag, however, I didn't find out until I already rejected Ann, Chihaya, Sadayo, and Futaba (because I didn't want to cheat) that there are *three* flags for Tae and I didn't get the middle one, so I was never dating her even though I thought I was. So I went with Hifumi because it was then between her and Ohya (not enough charm for Makoto still and I finally got the proficiency for Haru *after* Shido so I know I can't get her to rank 9) and Ohya had a Mementos request that I was waiting on still before Shido so it was basically either Hifumi or stay forever alone. I have nothing against her really but I also find her boring. That said, I love her social link perks. I'm glad I reset and maxed her link after failing Shido's battle the first time because her rank 10 ability is a game changer!

Also, Sojiro's social link is boss. I want him as my literal dad (not daddy XD). Glad I took the time to not rush Shido and max his after dying at first, too. Still haven't had the time to make the good curry, though. That said, WHY does his rank 7 give a kindness boost when you need *max* kindness before even getting there???

I'm only at rank 5 with Iwai so I know I won't max his, but now that I know the backstory with his son, I'm very interested, so that's something to look forward to in my new game plus.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:16 pm

Yeah, I missed Hanged Man, Fortune, Sun, and Tower, as well as Yusuke and Haru due their stupid requirements. When I realized I wouldn't have enough time for them, I decided to take my baby girl out on some dates instead. Gave her all the most expensive presents. She gave me a pennant, but that's okay. I wanted to decorate my room more. And not sex. Why would I possibly want sex. Why...

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:23 pm

Have you considered a Jack Frost fleshlight, ho? It also raises Proficiency, hee ho!

The Persona 2 DLC is up so I grabbed it... after like an hour of trying and failing to get a Vanilla gift card someone gave me to work with PSN. Guess I gotta find some other use for it.

e: if anyone's wondering, the Sevens Emblem reduces enemy targeting, which I thought might work like some of the craftable items, except you get 9 of them, so it's probably more of a per-character battle effect than an overall dungeon effect. Regardless, it's a cool interpretation of how the emblem was used in Persona 2.

Yusuke doesn't get the Kasugayama uniform, which is a shame 'cause it would've turned him into basically a taller Jun. Giving one of those to Ryuji (and dyeing his hair blue) would've made him a pretty solid Eikichi too. All worth it for Trish Morgana and the music though. But with the exchange rate this bad I doubt I'll pop for another set. Maybe someday it'll all get discounted.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:38 am

Sweet Christ P5, you really don't mess around with the bad endings, huh. :stare

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:01 am

Kawakami
Spoiler :
And, uh, yeah, that was a hella big exposition dump in November.
Spoiler :
I guess it's a good thing this team has at least two certifiable geniuses in Makoto and Futaba. Who knows if the other Persona scooby gangs would've survived. Not without getting their leaders SHOT IN THE HEAD anyway.
Also this.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:17 am

I thought the correct choices also led me to the bad ending at first, but then I was like... why the subtle differences? I guess I'll see how this plays out instead of resetting...

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:56 pm

Is there more than one flu season? Apparently that's the key to beating/farming a certain recurring boss but I think I missed the window.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:11 pm

I think there is, but I didn't really pay attention to the seasons.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:15 pm

There is, but I don't remember the exact dates. There was a narrow window in December that had the second one, I think. Which boss?

I wiped on the final battle, despite guarding. So pissed... I'm busy tomorrow so I have to wait until Friday to try again. I was very close to beating it, too...

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:47 pm

Bier_Engel wrote:Which boss?
Reaper. I've heard he can be cheesed on flu days, but I haven't looked into the method too much yet.

I one-shotted most of Palace 7 last night.
Spoiler :
It was a long fucking night. Getting all five letters in one run, taking down what felt like a dozen mid-bosses and forced encounters, navigating the mouse sections, and then dealing with the big boss rush at the end, probably took me at least eight hours of solid play. I wiped a few times too, so that didn't help, plus even with SP accessories on everyone I was still running dry before the cleaner fight, which meant I was just scratching by on that fight and the next two or three unexpected fights running on fumes with my backup squad. Had to pop my only Soma to make it through.

Still, I secured the route to the treasure in the minimum possible two days, which always feels like a nice accomplishment. I'll probably jump right back in for the treasure and hope the game doesn't time warp me ahead a month immediately afterwards.

Considering who you're fighting in the engine room and what appears to happen to him, I wonder if I'm on the path to the normal ending or the true ending, or maybe he's just doomed regardless. I'll look into that later though.
I also one-shotted the Strength S-Link since that ain't time gated. Full spoilers to Rank 10:
Spoiler :
I probably spent about 200k on it. Thankfully I'm rolling in yen at this point and the last task is by far the easiest, at least in my case, 'cause I already had a Seth and a High Counter skill card.

I wonder if the implication in that link is that Justine and Caroline are versions of Margaret and Elizabeth/Theodore that Igor brought back, remade, and mind-wiped. Or maybe all these characters are aspects of one original.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:06 pm

Art dump.

Not really spoilery art, but whatever
Spoiler :

P5 Dancing All Night?

And these good Makotos

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:34 pm

I just beat the game, so, I don't want to spoil you on the good/true ending stuff. That said, *is* there a true ending? I've seen bad endings and how to avoid them, but nothing about a "true" ending. I got the good one, at least. 95 hours and 18 minutes... I let my game run quite a bit when I was busy so probably more like 92 hours overall, but we all do that, so I don't know if that matters.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Deltron wrote:I one-shotted most of Palace 7 last night.
Spoiler :
It was a long fucking night. Getting all five letters in one run, taking down what felt like a dozen mid-bosses and forced encounters, navigating the mouse sections, and then dealing with the big boss rush at the end, probably took me at least eight hours of solid play. I wiped a few times too, so that didn't help, plus even with SP accessories on everyone I was still running dry before the cleaner fight, which meant I was just scratching by on that fight and the next two or three unexpected fights running on fumes with my backup squad. Had to pop my only Soma to make it through.

Still, I secured the route to the treasure in the minimum possible two days, which always feels like a nice accomplishment. I'll probably jump right back in for the treasure and hope the game doesn't time warp me ahead a month immediately afterwards.

Considering who you're fighting in the engine room and what appears to happen to him, I wonder if I'm on the path to the normal ending or the true ending, or maybe he's just doomed regardless. I'll look into that later though.
Spoiler :
Yeah, that fucking dungeon sucked. Do the letter thing or the mouse thing, not both. I one-shotted it, too, but it took me more than 8 hours. Thank Thor I had 4 somas.
Deltron wrote:I also one-shotted the Strength S-Link since that ain't time gated. Full spoilers to Rank 10:
Spoiler :
I probably spent about 200k on it. Thankfully I'm rolling in yen at this point and the last task is by far the easiest, at least in my case, 'cause I already had a Seth and a High Counter skill card.

I wonder if the implication in that link is that Justine and Caroline are versions of Margaret and Elizabeth/Theodore that Igor brought back, remade, and mind-wiped. Or maybe all these characters are aspects of one original.
Spoiler :
I'll just say, keep playing.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:41 pm

In retrospect I probably should've turned on the free items DLC before Palace 7 just for the extra Soma. I've yet to claim that or the free skill cards.

I guess P3 didn't have a true ending 'cause of The Answer (ugh, fuck that) but after P4 had one I just assumed P5 would probably have one too. I'll be fine if it doesn't though since I'm gonna do a New Game+ run eventually and that already adds some new content I think, even if it's probably just optional side stuff.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:43 pm

HunterF wrote:
Spoiler :
Yeah, that fucking dungeon sucked. Do the letter thing or the mouse thing, not both. I one-shotted it, too, but it took me more than 8 hours. Thank Thor I had 4 somas.
(7th dungeon)
Spoiler :
Wait, there was an either or for the letters or the mouse thing? I thought I *had* to do both... I saw no way around it. I did one-shot the dungeon as well (though I was too running on fumes after all the boss fights at the end) but I saw no way to skip the mouse and/or letter stuff... Not sure how long it took me overall but in real life it was definitely more than one day of play time.
Edit: Speaking of DLC, I still forgot to pick up last Tuesday's. Was that the swimsuits?