[SMT/Persona] Lu Bu wants to Scramble

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [SMT/Persona] Anon: kamoshida retire bithc

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri May 19, 2017 6:44 am

John Layfield wrote:I like Ohya herself, but her social link was pretty dull. I felt one degree of separation too many from the interesting parts of her life. I'm a sucker for "fake relationships" turning into real ones though.
Agreed on the first sentence. As for the last, Makoto's link can do that too.

Speaking of, still on my second run, with about 17-18 days left to do Futaba's dungeon, and I have Ann and Makoto maxed and like 3 other people (2 of which are party members) at rank 9. It'll be nice going into dungeon 4 with already evolved personas... should make it a lot easier, especially those fucking Anubis things with no weaknesses.

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Fri May 19, 2017 10:20 am

Make you a persona with high luck, apt pupil, and miracle punch. Things without weaknesses will never be a problem again.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri May 19, 2017 12:54 pm

I'm at that exact point in my NG+ run too. I've just been brute forcing my way through the Anubises, but yeah, something like Hunter's critical phys build would be a time saver and far easier on SP.
ACP wrote:Mishima deserves hurting.

I'm still luxuriating in my first run through P5. I really like this game! Except for the Phansite popularity meter, but I can blame Mishima, so it's still a win.
Heh, you probably shouldn't read these last couple pages too closely then, seems we've moved more or less fully into unmarked spoilers lately.

The meter is a goofy thing. I thought it was a sorta funny commentary on internet armchair quarterbacks (intentional or not) and lazy shitpost humour. I wonder if there was ever a plan for it to carry some heavier gameplay purpose. Like, Mass Effect 3's galactic readiness thing, maybe.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Fri May 19, 2017 1:06 pm

It's also great for catching treasure demons.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Fri May 19, 2017 1:12 pm

Yeah, Morgana's crit punch thing was clutch in netting a lot of treasure demon EXP.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri May 19, 2017 1:45 pm

A shame I've only seen it on a handful of personas for Charlie. I think there's gun versions of it too though.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Fri May 19, 2017 1:47 pm

I pretty much built a chain of Personas passing down that high-crit skill. There's a gun one too that I never use (One-Shot Kill) because I never bought any new guns all game so I never bothered keeping gun skills for anyone.

Also just used equipment/weapons I found rather than buying stuff too.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Fri May 19, 2017 1:50 pm

Yeah, I forget what it's called, but the gun version is actually stronger(Seth has it). Unfortunately, most treasure demons null gun, so it's not as useful. As for miracle punch, you can get the card from Ganesha(?) through negotiation. One of the elephant ones. I think the other elephant gives you apt pupil. I think you can also get the cards from the electric chair.

Edit: Yeah, One Shot Kill. Haru gets it, as well as both of the gun boosting passives. Combine that with her grenade launcher, and Haru makes an actually good gunner.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri May 19, 2017 1:52 pm

I'm not 100% sure if persona-based gun skills take a damage modifier from the actual guns you have equipped. Ditto with normal physical.

You can get some amazing stuff from persona itemization, if you can afford to burn a persona and resummon it. Typically those will be much stronger than anything you can find or anything Iwai sells, with the possible exception of highest level customized guns, but I've only ever had the mid level stuff.

Supposedly some persona itemizes into a gun for Makoto with +10 to all stats which might be the strongest piece of kit in the game.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Fri May 19, 2017 1:53 pm

Yup, I think it's Michael that gives her that gun. Joker also gets a gun with +5 all stats.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Fri May 19, 2017 1:56 pm

If I ever do an NG+, I should look more into itemising. I only really did it for cast offs that had no good fusion possibilities that I wanted to dump and got a few decent weapons/armour that way.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri May 19, 2017 2:01 pm

I itemized a Bugs and got a pair of bear mittens for Makoto. :3 It's also a great way to get anti-bless/curse gear for all the folks out there who keep gettin' got by instakills and whine about it on the internet forever.

But most itemized weapons seem to have nice status effects and stuff on 'em, which probably more or less equal the best of Iwai's inventory. I turned a Neko Shogun into a sword for Morgana that seems to Despair enemies about 50% to 75% of the time, and Thor becomes a Mjolnir for Ryuji with a Shock effect.
HunterF wrote:Yup, I think it's MAGGLE that gives her that gun. Joker also gets a gun with +5 all stats.
Loving the word filter here. Imagining a MAGGLE Cole persona with spells like Vintage. It's just enervate. All his skills inflict enervate.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri May 19, 2017 2:54 pm

Which persona's name is being filtered? I'll have to look more into itemization too. I used it mostly like Layfield did my first run because broke.

I abused the hell out of Morgana's Lucky Punch later in the game, but I'm not sure if I knew about it at this point in my first run.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri May 19, 2017 2:59 pm

M ichael. I can't remember if he's one of the big-ass group summons that requires all the other angel personas. If so, you really gotta work for that +10 gun.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri May 19, 2017 3:17 pm

Makes sense. I don't think I was a high enough level for most of those angels.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri May 19, 2017 7:22 pm

Friend: "Yeah, I'm rank 9 with Ryuji" (His favorite character so far)
*5 seconds later* "Hey, can I run my wedding vows by you?" (I'm attending his wedding in 2 weeks).

Hell of a topic change so quickly, buddy!

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri May 19, 2017 7:28 pm

"I got a new marriage! Whaddya thiiiink?"

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri May 19, 2017 7:31 pm

LOL! They were both married once before so that kinda fits... I actually laughed out loud.

Edit: to other people, if that wasn't clear.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Fri May 19, 2017 8:08 pm

Here's a handy dandy chart of itemizations for those interested.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat May 20, 2017 9:17 pm

Fucking Yusuke. I love him.

I have most of my confidants maxed in my NG+ now. All my current daytime links have been maxed, and I'm chugging through the night ones. Futaba is about to join my party so I'll be able to do hers and get past rank 4 with Sojiro once that happens.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue May 23, 2017 10:42 am

John retweeted this. I need to update the board and figure out twitter embeds.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Tue May 23, 2017 10:48 am

Con orgies are always disappointing and foul smelling.

I hear.

ACP
Arm Chair Philosopher

Post by ACP » Tue May 23, 2017 11:51 am

The Febreeze Fairy can fix the odor problem, mostly. There ain't enough Febreeze in the world to fix the disappointment, though.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Tue May 23, 2017 11:56 am

And frankly any orgy that discourage Philemon appearing is an orgy I am only 86% willing to participate in.