[SMT/Persona] Lu Bu wants to Scramble

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [SMT/Persona] 3 Ain't Enough, Man. I Need 5

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:24 am

Hmm, maybe my link wasn't high enough for her, but in my game, she had to stay behind and deal with a scandal at the school, so she didn't even attend the trip.

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:37 am

Yeah, I have her maxed, and we're in a relationship, so that's probably it.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:07 am

Fuck, finally got Kindness up to four. I may ignore stat grinding from here on out and just concentrate on s-links.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:16 pm

I have Knowledge, Guts, and Charm at 4, but Kindness and Proficiency stuck at 3. I'd like to get at least Knowledge and Charm at 5 before the end and enough Kindness to start Futaba's S-Link.

Oddly, I got the Makoto/Kawakami scene that implied Kawakami was staying behind to deal with the school thing, but then she turned up on the trip anyway.
Bier_Engel wrote:I've got the 5th dungeon unlocked, but haven't tried to make progress in it yet, since I've got some time to hopefully build social skills and more links. I maxed the moon link, at least.

Regarding Haru:
Spoiler :
She's definitely an airhead but I feel sorry for her. The game literally has a countdown until she's "sold off." Thor, it's like the Middle Ages.
All I'll say about the 5th dungeon is that there seems to be a little less combat than the 4th and more problem solving, at least in the first area. That's fine by me; I wiped a few times in the 4th thanks to all those Anubis assholes.

I'm not sure I like Haru, probably because of the VA, but her situation is really depressing, yeah.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:22 pm

Here's a money farming guide if anyone needs fat stacks of cash. It's a little prep-heavy for me though, dunno if I'll bother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDI26iyW_Vg

The gist is to use Confuse on mid-bosses and have Confuse boosts and high luck stats on your Persona to improve your odds and payouts.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:15 pm

Hey Blu have a Yusuke.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:22 pm

So, working on Futaba's S-Link for all those sweet bonusesess. Holy Shit, Rank 5 is too funny.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:19 pm

So, about a new Velvet Room thing that unlocks sometime after the 4th Palace
Spoiler :
Network Fusions seem pretty awesome and potentially unbalancing depending on your results, which I guess is why it unlocks so late and is limited to one attempt daily.

So I sent an old 'n' busted LV. 25 Matador and got a LV. 42 Daisoujou in return, which is an amazing exchange, especially 'cause there's a few shadows in my current area which are weak to Bless and Dai is the first Persona I've got with Makouga.

I expect I won't get so lucky each time though. But maybe it might be possible to boost the success rate by sending treasure demons?

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:33 pm

Spoiler :
Yeah, I think I sacrificed a freshly caught level 20 Nue, and got a level 41 Hariti. It's brokenly awesome..

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:46 pm

Thanks for the Yusuke :D

I only did the network fusion once, and I got a Hell Biker, which was new to me and a level above my protag, so I considered that a win. I guess I should use it again.

The 5th dungeon is weirdly easy and short. I ended up quitting for the day in the airlock part because I'm drunk on wine and got wiped out, but I know I'm near the end and I'll complete it in one day with much more ease than the last dungeons, so that's cool. I like the look of it and the music.

And yeah, Haru's voice is annoying.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:06 pm

The Surroundings area of the 5th Palace is a great spot to get the Power That Connects cheevo for those who care about such things. Every shadow here is a group of four with simple weaknesses to Physical and Guns.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:26 am

I one-shotted the 5th Palace. :pac
Spoiler :
First time I've been able to do that so far. Probably 'cause Haru's addition gives me a full roster of backups to cycle in when the starters run dry on SP, and I have the best SP accessories on MC and Morgana and those help a ton. Not to mention almost every enemy in the middle of this dungeon is weak to normal physical strikes.

Anyway, that airlock section was super cool. I wasn't quite as keen on running around collecting ID cards but at least that didn't last long.

So getting the route done in one day will leave me with another huge stretch of downtime once I steal the treasure. These last couple deadlines have been really generous.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:12 am

I've one-shotted all of them so far but this is the only one where I haven't been struggling at the very end due to SP, so yay.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:29 pm

People keep making Yusukes.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:21 pm

Yusuke is popular for a good raisin, I'd say!

Regarding the 6th dungeon:
Spoiler :
Shadow Sae is lol/hot at the same time. Also, is it just me, or is Goro's battle voice a lot different from his normal one?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:23 pm

Jeez, I've been neglecting crafting since it opened up, so I'm only just noticing that you can make Vanish Balls, Smokesceens, Hypno Mists, and an infinite lockpick. I really could've used a lot of these earlier. You can do it the same day you send calling cards too, when everything else is blocked.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:29 pm

^Yep, the one saving grace of the day before a dungeon is that at least you can make tools. I still didn't have enough of the stuff for an eternal lockpick last time, but I hope I do now..

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:51 pm

It's a fair amount of extra points into Proficiency that I've missed out on, too. Heh. Oh well.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:07 pm

Took out the Palace 5 boss just now.
Spoiler :
Sephiroth's Supernova has got nothing on the Big Bang Burger special attack.

...and the Shadow gets disposed of by a mysterious figure kinda like a failed villain in a Bourne movie. That ain't gonna be good for anyone.
So now I've got 19 days to spend on S-Links! And at least four Mementos requests. BTW, is there any particular raisin to stick around at the part-time jobs once you've opened up S-Links or requests 'cause I feel like there's much better ways to boost stats and grind money.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:12 pm

I only did jobs for stats and request, so no. I very rarely spent time at jobs at all.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:28 pm

You guys. You guys should fix the laptop.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:38 pm

The Flower Shop is a good source of kindness. The bar pays good money. Even so, I haven't worked either in a while.

I'ma spend a night fixing the lap top. It better be worth it...

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:50 am

Deltron wrote:...

You guys. You guys should fix the laptop.
How? I bought it and the tools for the job, but I've never seen an opportunity to sit down and do it.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:12 am

You gotta do it at the desk where you make your lock picks.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:56 pm

Weird, never seen it as an option.