[SMT/Persona] Lu Bu wants to Scramble

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [SMT/Persona] 3 Ain't Enough, Man. I Need 5

Post by Delthazar » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:46 pm

Bier_Engel wrote:Edit: Speaking of DLC, I still forgot to pick up last Tuesday's. Was that the swimsuits?
I think the swimsuits hit on May 2nd, but they did add a free school clothes/loungewear pack last Tuesday.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:51 pm

Heh, I really should've seen this one coming

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:59 pm

Bier_Engel wrote: (7th dungeon)
Spoiler :
Wait, there was an either or for the letters or the mouse thing? I thought I *had* to do both... I saw no way around it. I did one-shot the dungeon as well (though I was too running on fumes after all the boss fights at the end) but I saw no way to skip the mouse and/or letter stuff... Not sure how long it took me overall but in real life it was definitely more than one day of play time.
Edit: Speaking of DLC, I still forgot to pick up last Tuesday's. Was that the swimsuits?
No, you definitely had to do both. I just meant it was too much bullshit for one dungeon.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:21 pm

^Gotcha. I didn't find it too bad until the boss barrage. The puzzle part was mostly fine, for it being the "last" (ha) area.

As for the DLC, I already got the uniforms/loungewear last week. Seems that the only free DLC this week was stickers for the Morgana mobile. Pass. Swimsuits are next week.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:25 pm

Also it looks like we got the SMT if... costumes after all. Cool, I'll grab those when I win the lottery maybe.

Regarding the costume DLC in general, it bugs out a little in combat when summoning personas 'cause the characters are interacting with masks which aren't there, so for a couple seconds during the summon animation you'll see some blank black textures where the masks used to be. Not too noticeable since the camera is pretty dynamic but it could definitely use a fix.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:35 pm

I haven't gotten any out of game costumes yet so I haven't noticed, but I *did* find the in game school uniforms and such weird in the dungeons so I didn't use those long enough to really notice, either. Something did feel a little off, though, so maybe that was it.

But I hear you on the lottery thing. I read that all the DLC for the PS4 (this includes themes) was about $107. That's ridiculous. Since I got the PS3 version for a pre-order price, my overall game cost was only $43ish. To spend more than double that JUST on DLC is insane.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:15 pm

Yeah, it would've made more sense if they had bundled all the DLC in the Take My Heart edition or something. I probably would've bought that version in that case. Oh well.

$107 USD works out to, uh, somewhat more than that in CDN, too. I miss the days just a few years back when our two dollars were at par. Heh. At least I'm not paying Aussie prices I guess. Still, one pack is my limit for now.

Just beat the Palace 7 boss.
Spoiler :
That was far easier than the mid-boss rush I scraped through last night. I expected more from Shido honestly, though I guess he at least had several forms, one of them was so weak against guns all I really had to do was empty all my clips. One Shot Kill did like 1100 damage there too, getting me the 999 Damage cheevo.

I loved that moment with Ryuji, especially 'cause he doesn't always have as much to do as the more recent party members. Ann could use something like that too.
Hey, is it just me or does the game console in Joker's room change colours? I could've sworn it has red accents when I got it, but now it's blue.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:34 pm

Meh, I'm only interested in one or two of the DLC's anyway.

Pretty sure the console is supposed to be a Famicom, so yeah, it's red. Never turned blue in my game.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:27 pm

Hey Hunter, I noticed that you got the Passionate Listener cheevo. I assume it must be easier than Rise's version in P4G if you got it in one run, yeah?

And here's the GET SMOKED exploitable if anyone wants to shop it onto things.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:38 pm

I got both of those listener trophies through normal gameplay.

Also, it's funny that you posted the Get Smoked hat, because I just made an icon of it with Jin, and changed my Tumblr/Twitter icons to it. I guess I'll change it here, too.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:53 pm

Oh, a neat thing about Futaba (Rank 10 spoiler, kinda)
Spoiler :
Her ultimate Persona is the same as Baofu's (albeit a non-combat redesign) which makes a lot of sense.
And someone made a handy chart of the request mid-bosses that can be successfully confused for big yen
Spoiler :

Note: the "meal ticket" mid-bosses only drop 1 yen because they're broke as fuck

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:40 pm

Deltron wrote:Hey Hunter, I noticed that you got the Passionate Listener cheevo. I assume it must be easier than Rise's version in P4G if you got it in one run, yeah?]
Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever got the equivalent cheevo in either of the other games, so probably.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:24 am

I think the key is switching up your party members, and of course allowing for mistakes, so that you can hear the lines about ailments and drain/repel/no effect moves.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:48 am

So gear apparently carries over to NG+, but does that include equipped gear?

e: cool, looks like it does. So I should probably itemize a few things before the end of this run... some of the weapons you can get this way are pretty damn insane, and itemization won't unlock again for a while in the next cycle. (Probably?)

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:43 pm

...and that's a wrap. As much as a first run can possibly be a wrap I guess. Maxed every stat except Proficiency (grr), missed at least a few requests, didn't finish all the books or games and stuff, and only managed about 55% of the Compendium. Oh, and, uh, my clock time was 145 hours. Christ. Those are Fallout numbers.

I left several s-links incomplete too: Empress never passed Rank 1 because of the Proficiency gate, I had Sun at Rank 9 but I think that gets blocked off forever after a certain story point, neglected Temperance (sorry Hunter), close but no cigar with Star and Emperor, somewhere in the middle with Devil, Hanged, and Fortune...

I did manage to get the Listener cheevo in the final battle, which seems to be where most people are getting it. I'm guessing it's easier than Rise's version 'cause of how many more unique lines Futaba has which are unavoidable, plus the addition of gun/psi/nuke and new status effects and stuff for her to talk about, though I guess Makoto handles a lot of that too.

Anyway, that leaves me with plenty of stuff left to do in a New Game+ run, which maybe I'll jump into right away, maybe not, who knows. I'll let it all decompress a bit before I get into story thoughts.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:50 pm

Deltron wrote: neglected Temperance (sorry Hunter)
So I guess that means you missed out on the special massage perk that lets you do stuff after exploring mementos/a palace. Whelp, that's what you get for ignoring best waifu.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:59 pm

Yeah, in retrospect, gunning hard on Temperance and Fortune probably would've saved me the time I needed to finish some of the other links and max the remaining stat.

...I didn't finish Tower either. I guess it is I who got smoked.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:40 pm

Sucks that you didn't finish Star. Her rank 10 allows you to switch party members on any turn. I used it a ton during the last battles. What level were you?

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:05 pm

Deltron wrote:Yeah, in retrospect, gunning hard on Temperance and Fortune probably would've saved me the time I needed to finish some of the other links and max the remaining stat.

...I didn't finish Tower either. I guess it is I who got smoked.
Don't forget, she also makes tools, does laundry, and cooks for you so you don't have to waste time doing it yourself, but she also gives you free time during school so you can study or read books for stat gains. Best waifu.

I don't remember if I maxed out Hifumi or not. I think I did.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:16 pm

I loved using her for laundry.

And yeah, Hifumi was largely forgettable, in my opinion, but she had great battles bonuses. I even dated her and it was pretty anti-climatic.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:40 pm

I'm kinda doing a second play through now. Dunno how long I'll keep at it. Super important question, though. Mokoto or Takemi?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:03 pm

Makoto. I would have dated her if it weren't for that max charm BS.

I would have started a NG+ right away but I'm moving right now, so I'm gonna wait until we're settled in the new place. I'm glad I got my first run done before all the dust kicks up.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:48 am

Bier_Engel wrote:Sucks that you didn't finish Star. Her rank 10 allows you to switch party members on any turn. I used it a ton during the last battles. What level were you?
Somewhere in the 70s I think. The last boss wasn't too big a deal aside from all the weird status stuff.

I got Temp far enough to do laundry and make coffee at least. But despite having her do the laundry thing a lot I still finished the game with tons of unwashed gear.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:17 pm

I was level 75. And same with the unwashed gear.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:36 pm

I had all my laundry done. It was coffee I never had. Shoulda had her doing that when she wasn't doing laundry.