[SMT/Persona] Lu Bu wants to Scramble

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [SMT/Persona] Joker wants to Smash

Post by Delthazar » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:59 pm

Bier_Engel wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:28 pm
It's amazing that I'm already seeing cosplay photos of the new girl...
I suppose she looks similar enough to P3P FemMC that an existing costume could be tweaked for the newbie kinda quickly.

'course, the resemblance already has people elsewhere tossing out wild theories, like the new girl is literally the same P3 character reborn and that's why her colour scheme is the same, or whatever

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:10 am

Nei is bae wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:47 am
Yes, but can she romance Kawakami..?
I wonder how the Kawakami S-Link would even start in a FemMC route. I guess they could just rewrite it with Ann and someone else instead of Ryuji and Mishima, with the impetus being mere curiosity or rumour or "your place is filthy let's call a maid service"

but if this really happens and they follow the P3P example some confidants like Kawakami could end up getting tagged-out for new characters.

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:51 am

Kawakami waifu for laifu. No Kawakami, no dice.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:48 pm

A cool display at Sega Fes: all the various Persona school unis

https://twitter.com/nnt_grp/status/1111811372348653570

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:25 pm

Whatever "P5S" is, its page just went up.

https://p5s.jp/

presumably separate from The Royal. "P5S" was maybe in that old list of trademarks or whatever but I can't remember. I don't feel like they'd literally call a Switch port "Persona 5 Switch" but who knows. The use of "1 More" maybe signals "one more port" if you feel like reading tea leaves.

April 25th is also like a day after when details about The Royal drop so I guess that'll be a big week.

e: the announcement event for P5S might be happening at Ryōgoku Sumo Hall, if interpretations of code on that website is correct. Ryōgoku also hosts WWE and NJPW shows, among other things pugilistic, no doubt. So, hot take: this could be Persona 5 Arena.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:00 am

My first thought was also Persona 5 Switch... but I saw the arena inklings too. My guess is that "one more" is referring to the new girl in P5R? (One more character?)

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:19 pm

Yo: https://nintendowire.com/news/2019/04/0 ... -terminal/

Those who follow Mystic know he's been saying for ages that he had reliable sources saying that a Switch port was a thing, but this whole Best Buy thing that's blowing up seems to finally confirm it. Not sure if that the "S," exactly, but I assumed so myself. I'm not going to bother since I already have the PS3 version, so it makes more sense for me to get P5R on PS4 (unless the Switch version is also P5R, then I'll have to see).

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:31 pm

Heh, just saw that via Wario64 someplace else, and he's a super legit source. Hella fast leak this time, huh. Hasn't even been a full day since the site went up.

I'm with you though, I ain't likely to double-dip on a Switch port unless it's somehow very different and chances are The Royal will already check that box. Still, P5 is a good get for anyone who has a Switch but not a PS3/PS4 and Joker in Smash alone will probably push a good number of folks in that direction.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:07 pm

Oh, absolutely. So, great for people who don't already have PS3/4 and new fans, but probably not for me. Anything that makes something good more accessible is always great.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:16 pm

Saw a theory elsewhere (pre-Best Buy leak) that it could still be a fighting game, with the S meaning Stadium, and it just happens to have a Switch version which people are assuming means Persona 5 proper is coming to the Switch but nah. :pac That'd be funny.

https://youtu.be/UX8_hC6L978?t=381

Greg takes his P5 rumours very seriously.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:18 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmuTGcb ... e=youtu.be

My Twitter is pretty lit with Smash info. Wasn't expecting a P4 stage or the P3/4 music, either, so that's cool.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:45 pm

Heh, I don't really know enough about how Smash works to know how wild these abilities are in this context. But yeah, all that legacy music and stages and bits of P5's interface still being there for Joker is pretty cool.

Super weird seeing Joker's model in Smash's lighting though. It's kinda flat, like a Source Filmmaker export.

Some of this music sounds original, or new remixes, wonder if it'll all stay in Smash or turn up in Royal.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:41 pm

cybersix
ALIENS

Post by cybersix » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:59 pm

[Mementos is] the palace birthed from the hearts of the masses
BACK IN MY DAY THEY CALLED THIS THE COLLECTIVE UNCONSCIOUSNESS

What part has the P4 stage? I totally missed that.

There's definitely a new mix of Beneath the Mask in there.

When's the next info about P5R/S? April 25? If they drop some slight hint and then ask us to wait another month I'm going to fly over to Japan and punch someone from Atlus in the mouth.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:05 pm

I admittedly did not watch the video and only saw the P4/P3 stages in screenshots. People have mentioned the new Beneath the Mask mix but again... I only heard about it in passing. But everyone is saying that it is indeed actually new, so that's cool. Maybe it's on Youtube already on its own.

April 24th or 25th is the day and yeah since they already pulled the "announcement of a vague announcement" in March I will accompany you to Japan for the punches if they pull that shit again.

cybersix
ALIENS

Post by cybersix » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:33 am

New Beneath The Mask version starts at 3:16 into the video.

It's still crazy to me (in a good way) how popular Persona is as a series now. I still remember being mad excited when Del asked if I had heard about the Persona 3 announcement, and then having to cross my fingers that it would be released here, and then having to pre-order it because otherwise I'd never find a copy.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:57 am

I'm still hoping for that P3 HD remake.

cybersix
ALIENS

Post by cybersix » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:45 am

I'd buy it.

If I had a magic lamp I'd probably ask for a modern remake of Persona 2, but that's just me.
Spoiler :
persona 5 is kind of a modern remake of persona 2 anyway. :pacdown

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:08 am

cybersix wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:45 am
Spoiler :
persona 5 is kind of a modern remake of persona 2 anyway. :pacdown
Spoiler :
so you're saying persona 2 is a bad game then? :pacdown

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:55 am

Persona 2 with an updated, less grindy and shitty battle system would be amazing.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:58 am

That sorta reminds me that elements of the pre-P3 Persona teams put out Caligula Effect Overdose recently but it doesn't sound very good. Certainly not $80 CAD good.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:01 pm

Yeah, I was looking into that game and saw mostly bad or meh reviews, so I'm skipping it as well.

cybersix
ALIENS

Post by cybersix » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:41 pm

I picked up Caligula on the Vita (when it went on sale) but haven't played it yet. Like most video games I buy (I have a problem)
John Layfield wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:08 am
Spoiler :
so you're saying persona 2 is a bad game then? :pacdown
DAMN

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:16 pm

I have the exact same problem. :pacdown

Japan's far enough ahead in timezones I guess we should be hearing P5R/P5S details at any time now huh.

cybersix
ALIENS

Post by cybersix » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:15 pm

Have 45 minutes of Persona arrangements in Smash Bros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HKYe-f5i6A

The Persona concert is being broadcast on NicoNico tomorrow... at 3:30AM PST. Have fun, night owls!