[SMT/Persona] Lu Bu wants to Scramble

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [SMT/Persona] Joker wants to Smash

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:18 pm

Hmm, so that's 6:30 am my time, and I wake up at 7:15 tomorrow for work. Not too big of a gap. I guess I'll just hit social media on my phone before I shower.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:25 pm

I'm off tomorrow but can't really wreck my sleep pattern for this. So I'll just look forward to the news storm when I wake up.
cybersix wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:15 pm
Have 45 minutes of Persona arrangements in Smash Bros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HKYe-f5i6A
45 minutes is a lot. :stare They really went all-out with this, huh - not just P5 battle themes for Joker, but P3/P4 tracks, arrangements, victory screen stuff, UI elements, on and on. Almost makes a guy wanna start caring about Smash.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:30 pm

Should anyone be looking for those stream links, here they be

Nico Video day 1
https://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv319206777

Nico Video day 2
https://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv319206782

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:59 am

At this rate, I'll probably be at work when the news actually hits. Mike is still really sick and called off today, so I don't want to play the concert stream while he's trying to sleep.

Heard they played P1 and P2 tracks, though, so that's cool.

Edit: So I actually did try the stream at a low volume but it's so blurry and won't load so there's no point. At least my Twitter is lit...

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:25 am

Man, the consultant dude is hot. I also wonder how human Morgana comes about and fits in.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:36 am

A trailer if anyone missed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJzcSKyCzZs

https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/24/18514 ... r-features

Seems she (Kasumi, apparently) is just a new party member and not an alt Joker but that was always the safest bet anyway. Oh well, a new party member is still more than what Marie was in Golden. I wonder how early in the story she'll show up. Can't be too late, can't really fit into the first castle introductory period. 🤔

Out Halloween in Japan, sometime 2020 for the rest of us, which is fine; it'll probably take about that long 'til I feel ready to jump into another Persona-sized time commitment anyway.

There's a ton of little tidbits in that trailer and accompanying materials. A pool minigame! And yeah, the possibility of Human Morgana is fuckin' alarming. Really dunno how I feel about that.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:01 am

As the Polygon article mentioned a focus on the third year, they could just toss some breadcrumbs in the main plot and add all the new stuff in the back end, exactly like Golden's winter addition.

It'd be slightly a bummer if that's how it goes as P5 could really use some tightening in some areas and expansion in others, rather than just throwing more into an already bulging rucksack.

It should still be good, Persona 5 is a decent game so I guess it's fine either way?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:29 pm

I just hope that with more minigames and 2 new confidants (I'm assuming Kasumi will be one as well as the counselor, who was confirmed), we're allowed to go out on the nights when Morgana wouldn't let us do anything but go to bed.

I'm also thinking Nenilein's theories about human Morgana and the Wakaba screenshot will probably be true.

Oh, and there's a screenshot going around that points out Goro's alternate costume, and he's standing very close to Haru. Definitely hoping we get to use him more towards the end, and that we can use his other persona. I also feel that his expression on the new cover is pretty sinister, despite his white Phantom Thief outfit being worn, so that's interesting to me. People also point out that Joker should normally be in juvie during 1/1, but he's in the New Year's screenshot, and Goro isn't. There's a theory already that Goro lives and serves time in place of Joker, which I think will be accurate.

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Re: [SMT/Persona] Anon: kamoshida retire bithc

Post by Thunderhead » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:22 pm

I'ma just leave this right here...
Nei is bae wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 8:26 pm
I've read suggestions to make Ryuji's ability it's own button, so you can ambush or insta-kill. That would work best, I think.

Akechi is the king of the dipshits.

As for the best way to improve the game...

MAJOR ENDGAME SPOILERS!!!
Spoiler :
Change Akechi's S-Link to a manual one. If you can max him out before finishing Shido's palace, he survives and shows up at the end to also cheer on the Phantom Thieves. Then HE'S the one who turns himself in, giving the player 3 more months to play around in. Maybe then add Lavenza as an Aeon S-Link with some new, high level personas and a dungeon centered around her.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:28 pm

Ooh, good call there, past you! I do like the spoiler idea (and the Ryuji thing as well, since most of the time, the insta-kill ruined my intentional farming/grinding attempts).

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:09 am

Of all things the S could stand for, I was not expecting "scramble."

It's a warrior game, like FE Warriors. Not too keen on that genre myself, though I was planning on picking of FE Warriors when I get a Switch just to try it out. So I guess if I like it, I'll try Scramble. But I'm not exactly hyped.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:19 am

I am both laughing and a little salty even though I have a PS4, I would have liked Switch peeps to have portable P5 in some fashion.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:16 am

Jeez, what a weird left turn. Here's the trailer and more details if anyone needs 'em

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyaRQnfQ9Dg

https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/25/18515 ... switch-ps4

Some folks were expecting "S" to mean "Stadium" and that P5S would be the new Arena, but this is at least one full step worse/different even than that, depending on yer disposition, I suppose. But I'm sure there's a few people at the center of the Persona/Warriors venn diagram and if they've done versions for Gundam and One Piece then Persona isn't really any bigger a stretch thematically.

...but like any new Persona thing it's gonna launch at $80 goddamned CAD and that's too steep a buy-in for me for a spinoff. I might do the same as you Blu and track down FE Warriors first 'cause it should give me an idea if Warriors things are something I even want for probably less than half that price 'cause it's been out a while.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:45 pm

Lu Bu's gonna be a persona, right

Bier_Engel

Re: [SMT/Persona] Lu Bu wants to Scramble

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed May 08, 2019 6:19 am

Some of you have probably already seen this, but...

*20* new background tracks!? That's a lot. Something tells me a lot of those are for Mementos, to break up the terrible monotony of the sole 3 second loop it currently has. Maybe we get an option to choose, like in Tartarus.

And yes, I figured there'd be more than just 2 confidants being added. Others are suspecting that Lavenza will be another new one, which I'd have to agree with, since I can't really think of anything else.

It says that people who have current save data will get some kind of bonus, but nothing carries over. Hmm, since my data is on the PS3 rather than PS4, I wonder if I'm just out of luck, or if I can just manually put my data on the PS4 using a USB stick or something.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed May 08, 2019 9:38 am

Maybe Layfield has an answer to that last question after working similar magic getting Suikoden save files to import correctly in unexpected places.

20 new tracks is a lot and I'm happy to have them. I wouldn't be surprised at all if you're totally right and a couple are part of a new Mementos playlist. In that case, I'm betting on remixes of old series tracks or maybe even just those old tracks brought in as-is. It would be funny if music from Tartarus is one.

I'll always remember my time in Mementos being podcast time. I must've gotten through most of Hardcore History that way.

Lavenza feels like a super lategame confidant but if they're also adding a whole new semester then I guess there'll be space.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Wed May 08, 2019 9:51 am

Delthazar wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:38 am
Maybe Layfield has an answer to that last question after working similar magic getting Suikoden save files to import correctly in unexpected places.
It'd be beyond my ken, if it's possible at all. A PS3 save file is fundamentally not a PS4 save file. With Suikoden III on PSN, the PS3 used actual-to-goodness PS2 save formats because it had support for that built in, originally having backwards compatibility. So I was just finding a way to deliver the data into whatever weird folders it used but it was always "just" a PS2 file.

This is more akin to converting an Xbox save to a PS4 save, which, uh, I can't do that at least.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed May 08, 2019 4:59 pm

Damn. I wonder though, since my save file is attached to the same PSN account that I'd be using for Royal, if they'd come up with a way to import it through PSN? Otherwise, a lot of people who played P5 on PS3 will be pissed. The article doesn't say the data import is for PS4 only, so I guess we'll see.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed May 15, 2019 1:37 pm

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed May 22, 2019 1:02 pm

hell yeah full version

https://youtu.be/OfS75Ekqzs4

e: more on these folks if you are so inclined

https://youtu.be/gFXcwv9XISc

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:03 pm

Actually had to remind myself to charge my 3DS in preparation for tomorrow. Haven't used it in a while... time to go out on a bang.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:32 pm

Reviews for Q2 seem solid so far. I wonder if these will continue past the 3DS, like if there's a Q3 on the Switch someday, that could look way different just 'cause of the power jump.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:06 pm

I've heard that the reviews were positive but I haven't bothered reading them. I already loved PQ (despite many not) so I kind of ignore that stuff. But knowing that they're positive is icing on the cake.

Q3 would be interesting... P6 is in development so that is possible. However, the amount of characters we'll be given at that point is even more ridiculous than it already was even for vanilla PQ. It would have to be like a FE-style strategy game with 15 units minimum on the map, rather than a turn-based game with a 5-member party, or else it would just be too overflooded with characters. (Granted, P3 and P4 had their time, so they could make Q3 just 5 and 6).

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:13 am

My package arrived before 11 am which is great and justifies me taking the day off to play it, heh. I'd have been pissed if it came after my shift would have ended anyway.

Really enjoying it so far. Music and sound is great, and it's very detailed. There are a lot of movie references in the dialog that even I get, as someone who doesn't watch a lot of movies, and even the weapon names and their flavor text are all movie references. Gameplay-wise, it's the exact same as the first PQ, so if you hated that, you'll still hate this, but if you loved it, get it.

Kind of disappointed that the special edition doesn't include the soundtrack, though.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:41 pm

Get this game (regular edition is fine). I'm sad that I have to be an adult and work tomorrow because I want to play all day again.

It really reminds me of why I like the Persona series and characters, and it helped take my Tumblr queue off of life support XD