[SMT/Persona] Lu Bu wants to Scramble

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [SMT/Persona] Lu Bu wants to Scramble

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:53 pm

I certainly wouldn't mind Fire Emblem branching out, but after nearly 30 years, that probably won't happen.

I was just watching PM1's latest summoning video (it's fun background noise when I'm summoning and/or doing repetitive shit like Forging Bonds- and I pulled my Rath with the same IV as his at the same time...) and he mentioned Nintendo having a "boomer mentality" which I 100% agree with. Basically, they won't release the older games as digital releases on the Switch, Wii, 3DS, etc, so it forces people to emulate. Meanwhile, they also try to scrub the emulations, but the fans have spoken out saying that they'd buy the games legally if made available on the current hardware digitally, so now we're left with nothing unless we got the roms a long time ago or know where to look.

I personally would *love* to not be chained to my desktop when playing older games and I'd buy FE7-11 legally (even for $20 a pop) to support the series and be able to play them handheld. Obviously the unlocalized games would still need to be emulated, but think of how much they'd make if they actually allowed us to give them money for the older games. I'd shell out for that way quicker than for the FEH pass.

And I got off topic, sorry. So, P5 Scramble... I got kind of turned off by that gameplay style with FE Warriors so I don't have it pre-ordered or anything. I think I'll just watch a Let's Play.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:14 pm

I'm way more curious about Scramble now than I was at first 'cause it's looking way more like a proper follow-up to P5 than the various P4 spinoffs were to that game. Maybe just 'cause it appears to be using the same engine tech for everything out of battle, or at least is styled identically to P5, which absolutely was not the case with the Arena games and their VN approach, at least.

...it's probably also going to be far shorter than Royal, so that helps. :pacdown There's still no NA date that I'm aware of though. Maybe I'll play it, maybe I won't.

But regarding Royal I do at least appreciate that they're adding new things to the old Palaces and their bosses. I'm hoping having new areas in the dungeons and a grappling hook will help get through them faster, otherwise they're kinda just adding more timesinks to a game that already had too many timesinks to begin with.

Glad there's already bits of video on it.

https://youtu.be/hObhhtQ0VQQ

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:22 pm

I was just on Twitter and...

Atlus: NO P5S spoilers! (reasonable).
Also Atlus: *Uses Lavenza, a living spoiler, as their spokesperson to say that*