[SMT/Persona] Lu Bu wants to Scramble

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [SMT/Persona] 3 Ain't Enough, Man. I Need 5

Post by Delthazar » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:40 pm

Heh, regarding the Operation...
Spoiler :
Hey Mishima, you wanna maybe settle down a little bit there?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:17 am

I won 200Y from the scratch tickets. Why don't I just retire early.

Rollin' around Mementos on a rainy day, beat up some owl dudes, one of them bribed me with an Apt Pupil skill card and ran away. Good times.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:07 am

HunterF wrote:
Spoiler :
There's also a Rise poster in Shibuya Station.
Speaking of this
Spoiler :
You can get a Rise poster to hang up in your room if you hang out with Ann in Harajuku.

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:49 am

Noice. I'ma hafta do that.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:23 am

Deltron wrote:I was also dumb and didn't bring Morgana, so I didn't have anyone with Media. :pacdown
I don't think you can bring Morgana? I tried twice, once with Morgana in my team before the split up, and once without, and he was replaced by Ryuji both times. I saw no way to change that, unless I'm missing something. I think it's forcing you to make use of the Media skill card obtained earlier in that dungeon. That's what I had to do, but still had a rough time when I finally beat him.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:48 pm

I brought Morgana, easy peasy. You know you can change your party at any time with the status menu, right?

Failing that, you should be high enough level by then to fuse High Pixie. She also has wind and media, rendering Morgana moot.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:08 pm

Since P5 seems to keep your last used party arrangement rather than kicking everyone out at the start of every dungeon session, I never thought to change up the order before the boss, so I kept going in with Ryuji/Ann/Yusuke until I eventually won.

My dude is the heaviest Bufu guy though so I'll probably kick Yusuke going forward. Ryuji/Ann/Morgana A-Team represent (for now.)

How much of the Mementos stuff have you guys done? Are there ways to get requests that don't involve waiting for texts from Mishima?

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:00 pm

I've reached the second door, but I can't open it yet. I assume I need an actual S-Link with Yusuke to open it. Far as I know, Mishima gives you all the requests for Mementos. I looked it up online at one point, but I only glanced at it, not wanting too many spoilers and such.
Spoiler :
Can I say how odd it is that Sojiro seems fine with me bringing a prostitute up to my room?

"What are you doing with that phone? You better not be getting into trouble! What? You're hiring a hooker? Image

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:33 pm

HunterF wrote:I brought Morgana, easy peasy. You know you can change your party at any time with the status menu, right?
I did not know that. I figured I could only change members by warping to the front via a safe room and warping back. Good to know, thanks. Still, that doesn't explain why Morgana was replaced with Ryuji there when I *did* specifically change my party to include Morgana at the entrance before pursuing the treasure.
HunterF wrote:
Spoiler :
Can I say how odd it is that Sojiro seems fine with me bringing a prostitute up to my room?

"What are you doing with that phone? You better not be getting into trouble! What? You're hiring a hooker? Image
Yeah, he's home during the call, but has to leave and get cigs when you're making coffee? That said, he's very... odd about women himself ("I only have women's numbers in my phone/men never sit in my passenger seat!") so that's probably why he doesn't care.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:18 pm

Little minor detail for early/mid June that I liked
Spoiler :
Y'all notice Makoto following you around Shibuya and the school pretending to read a magazine? Heh. I thought that was pretty cute.
Best Girl power rankings update:

Tae
Kawakumi
Ann
Makoto
Ohya
Creepy Female Student

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:37 pm

I'm really liking Makoto and will most likely date her during my first run, assuming I answer everything correctly (I'm not using a guide).

Ohya's cool too. I wanna buy her a drink.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:10 pm

I hope I'm not playing with fire by going after three Mementos targets in one run.

Oh yeah, I fused myself a Leanan Sidhe earlier and she's pretty badass. Was psi magic a thing in the earlier games and SMT in general that I just totally forgot about? It's nice to have nuclear back as well. The additions and rearrangements of skills has made a lot of personas more useful.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:06 pm

Pretty sure psi is new.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:17 pm

Have you guys found any uses for Third Eye in town?

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:43 pm

No, but I haven't really been using it.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:23 am

It makes it easier to tell where the entrances to shops are, I guess, but I found that out long after I needed it.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:39 pm

Bier_Engel wrote:I'm really liking Makoto and will most likely date her during my first run, assuming I answer everything correctly (I'm not using a guide).
Yeah, Makoto's rocketing up to the top of the charts. Just about to the hit the third boss and she's been amazing so far.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:56 pm

I haven't taken her out of my combat team yet, either.

I'm also 40 hours in and still don't have the official navigator (I'm about to, though). Damn, this is going to be an even longer game than I thought.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:45 pm

Heh, jeez, I'm almost at 50 hours and I'm probably still like a month behind you.

Unrelated, not really spoilery, but whatevs
Spoiler :

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:21 pm

...I hate those two so much. I hope my suspicion is correct...
Spoiler :
They say they don't know who wrote the task list they keep giving you. I'm hoping it's Elizabeth and she smacks 'em around a bit.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:59 pm

oh jeez I just thought of something 'bout the various Velvet Room assistants
Spoiler :
WHAT IF THEY'RE ALL CLONES LIKE LUC/SASARAI OR WHATEVER AND IGOR GROWS THEM IN A LAB

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:13 pm

Spoiler :
Elizabeth and Margret did refer to themselves as sisters...

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:47 pm

Just beat the third boss.
Spoiler :
That was way easier and much more straightforward than the second. Metal Gear Piggybank was also a great moment of unexpected batshit crazy comedy too.
Have you guys stolen anything interesting via the Rank 5 Magician ability, or is it just taken from the same item pool as what you can get through negotiation?

also I cleared that dungeon with like 14 days to spare, woop woop, time to vore giant burgers and hit on all the ladies

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:27 pm

Yeah, I've been concentrating on stat and S-link raising, so I haven't had a chance to use it yet. Once I have a few more Mementos quests, we'll see.

And yeah, that third boss was way easy. Strange, since his dungeon was so hard. I actually turned the difficulty down after the game decided to be cheap and cost me an hour's worth of progress, twice, and then I just roflstomped the boss. May have to turn it back up.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:30 pm

...heh, this really wasn't what I expected to happen when I started Yusuke's S-Link. Nice swerve P5.