[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [Fire Emblem] We Like Ike

Post by Delthazar » Mon May 07, 2018 10:29 pm

Final two green pulls on the 8% banner were a 3* Titania and... a 3* Hawkeye. Fffff.

At least the Titania will someday become a merge into my 5* I guess. When I'm done with the farther along merge projects. Years from now.

I guess I could make a full team of cavalry mages now that I have that Eirika, if such a niche squad is even particularly useful.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue May 08, 2018 12:38 pm

True Perception wrote:"Time for tea."
"Candy?!"
"Very well."

I love when their dialogues line up.

I've got Henry to level 40+1 already.
I've had that with my Soleil/Ninian combo

"Wanna grab tea?"
"S-sure." (dances)
"Coool!"

That family sure loves to drink tea.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue May 08, 2018 1:24 pm

Just how similar FE is to Suikoden will be determined by the purpose of the tea.

don't simply accept super enthusiastic offers of free tea from weird inns on the sides of remote mountains, ffs

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Tue May 08, 2018 4:10 pm

That, and don't open mysterious lockets that contain glowing insects during a nighttime raid.

Good life lessons.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue May 08, 2018 5:18 pm

This new mage Ishtar seems interesting, on odd turns she has +10/+10 on attack and speed from her default loadout which is pretty nuts.

Also I'm confused and amused that Babylonian goddess Ishtar (Easter) is called the Thor of thunder and wields Mjolnir.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue May 08, 2018 5:23 pm

Yeah, definitely going for her in that banner.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue May 08, 2018 9:07 pm

Man this is a strong look

She's got that old-school sorcerer cape going on and everything. Bet she's in good with Dark Force.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue May 08, 2018 9:27 pm

yo we heard you like to get thirsty

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue May 08, 2018 9:29 pm

Here's stats for the newbies if newbie stats are your thing

sounds like Julius has a tome that makes him weak to anti-dragon skills? And Lene has Sword Valor.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Tue May 08, 2018 9:40 pm

I totally assumed that was Tiki.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed May 09, 2018 12:06 am

Oh sweeet the new update has eliminated XP/SP loss on unit death. That'll make grinding levels for some units a lot easier.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed May 09, 2018 6:02 am

Why so many reds??? I guess that'll make pulling Ishtar easier.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Wed May 09, 2018 11:55 am

And, pulling Lene more difficult. Perhaps, they are hoping her fan-serviciness will get people spending more money?

I'm definitely going for Ishtar, though. Her borrowing Zio's camecape is a huge selling point.

Edit: Damn autocorrect. That was not meant to be X-rated.

Some of the words it doesn't accept as what you meant, though! Why do you not think I would want to say "cape" phone? It's a word. You know what? Here's a pocket dictionary, phone.

Not enough time spent on Bowie forums, I suppose.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed May 09, 2018 12:24 pm

I feel like often they base the unit colour on the weapon that fighter used in the source game, so perhaps the better question is could they not find a blue lance in the Holy War?

Julius' tome animation looks suuuper sick!
https://g.redditmedia.com/dvVLIBCMETJBP ... fdf30ba13c

Also the new arena system is amazing for me, the first win in a 5 win streak gives 3000 feathers!? This is going to speed up promoting sooo much! And the third is those silver coins for upgrading seals! I'm tempted to burn a bunch of sword refresh items to farm this stuff it's so good.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Wed May 09, 2018 2:15 pm

I feel like there aren't a lot of axes.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed May 09, 2018 5:33 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:Also the new arena system is amazing for me, the first win in a 5 win streak gives 3000 feathers!? This is going to speed up promoting sooo much! And the third is those silver coins for upgrading seals! I'm tempted to burn a bunch of sword refresh items to farm this stuff it's so good.
yeah, I'm gonna start promoting and merging pretty much everyone I already have a 5* for if feathers are becoming easier/faster to get + somehow I hit the 300 roster cap and I really need to bring that down :pacdown

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed May 09, 2018 5:38 pm

^Axes have the least amount in terms of short-range weapons. Swords have literally double the number of units. And I get that a lot of lords/main characters use swords, but they can also class change, so giving them different weapons in Heroes wouldn't be a stretch. Not a main character but for example, Amelia starts off as a lance user in her source game but she's an axe user in Heroes, based on her possible promotions. At least they're doing that with new versions of old heroes, like Eirika.

The arena rewards are only once per season (week) so I already blew my load with the rewards today and it sounds like you guys did too.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu May 10, 2018 1:07 am

Ah that makes sense, I was used to the old system where if you got to 7 wins you just started counting again.

I threw 100 orbs at blue on the new banner and didn't even get pity broken :pacdown

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu May 10, 2018 6:01 am

I'm sorry to hear that. I got Ishtar with my first 5 (free round was a dud- blue trash pull and 4 non-banner colors). But, I don't even want to know how many orbs I wasted trying and failing to draw Spring Kagero and Kinshi Hinoka, so I guess we're even. I didn't get pity there, either.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Thu May 10, 2018 10:09 am

Falcon Critical wrote:Also the new arena system is amazing for me, the first win in a 5 win streak gives 3000 feathers!? This is going to speed up promoting sooo much! And the third is those silver coins for upgrading seals! I'm tempted to burn a bunch of sword refresh items to farm this stuff it's so good.
Unfortunately, it only rewards you once. Or, once a day, at least. We'll see. I should be able to hit 20k feathers soon. I think I've promoted all my three-stars that were ready.

Decisions, decisions...

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu May 10, 2018 12:38 pm

So someone on the FEH subreddit posted this amazing image, saying that Julius looks so much like a Sailor Moon villain that they had to do this.

I really kind of want to build a Serra Moon squad now!

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Thu May 10, 2018 4:03 pm

Are those the new sailor scouts? They look a little off...

Oh, the faces have been changed!

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu May 10, 2018 4:53 pm

That's hilarious and I love that Lucius is Venus because he suits her better than any woman in the series would.

Anyone play the new story chapters yet? Fjorm's little sister is cute. I wonder if she'll be another playable legendary in the future.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu May 10, 2018 5:03 pm

Yeah, I mined the new chapters for orbs last night. Gotta figure if Gunnthra showed up as a summon even before she appeared in the story then the newbie will be playable eventually.

Those orbs got me squat, of course. But at least I'm back up to about 50k feathers.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu May 10, 2018 5:19 pm

She may become playable, she may get burned alive, it may be both (@Gunnthra). Perhaps she is forever changed by the experience and becomes a Legendary Fire leader.