[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:46 pm

Hardin was great when he came out, but yeah, plenty of blue armor units with built in DC now. I don't remember his skills, but is it worth it to fodder him rather than to merge only to not use?

Shiro is mediocre as hell in this game. Hell, I think he was one of the most mediocre kids in Fates, too. So much for Ryoma's only son and heir (then again, legendary Ryoma sucks too). He was one of my pity breakers on the last Halloween banner and I was not pleased because I still want H!Niles. Meanwhile, where are the sons of the younger royal Fates brothers? I'd actually pull for Forrest and Kiragi.

F!Morgan is pretty good and I've had her since she was new, but there are a lot more flying blue mages in the pool now (case in point, the one you were pulling for) and two of them are dancers, so I haven't used mine in a while.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:45 pm

I used to use Hardin, but ended up voring him (into H!Henry) because Lance!Hector came along and was just all around better.

I'm gonna hold onto that Lewyn till I figure out who wants special spiral. I have it on Ophelia to let her constantly AOE nuke which is fun, but not sure who else would super benefit just yet.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:28 pm

Ophelia is the given and I already gave my spare to her. I'm wondering if Reinhardt would be worth it? But he's a popular +10 and no one talks about it, so...

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:20 pm

I felt a hole being burned in my proverbial wallet with all my orbs since I've only done free pulls for a while. So I looked through the banners and noticed Nephanee still on the weekly rotation. Got her after 36 orbs, which isn't bad (and got my first 4* Thea in the process, so yay dragonflowers). She's +atk, too. Anyone still use her or have any build ideas?

Edit: Also I liked this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boi0KKl2GRI

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:14 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M9OV5ZPgYE

Sorry for the spam, my dudes.

So legendary Eliwood looks cool. Don't know if I'll specifically pull right now though. He's got pair up, though.

Green: Gunnthra (have/meh), HS! Hinoka (meh), Yune (want).
Blue: L!Ephraim (decent/have), L!Lucina (have), Selkie (want but I have mostly blue beasts)
Colorless: F!Grima(have), Veronica (have), HS!Sakura (have)
Red: L!Ryoma (Have/meh), Hrid (don't have but meh).

So, not too excited about this one. I do want Yune but the risk of another Gunnthra and a unit I won't really use isn't worth it.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:39 pm

Welp I guess that's another Lucina alt I don't have and am doomed to spend another two years trying to pull. Otherwise I think I somehow have most of these folks.

Never noticed before but I'm kinda amused by the choice of Yuri Lowenthal for Eliwood. When I go back to finish Blazing Blade I guess I'm doomed to read all his lines in Yosuke voice.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:45 pm

L!Lucina has already been around for a while. She's worth pulling for her Future Sight ability.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:51 am

I didn't realize there was a voting gauntlet coming up. I was excited to log in and see Mia and Tibarn on the banners... until I saw that both banners are saturated with red. Mia's coming back on a weekly rotation so I'll wait on her, but with Tibarn, I risk pulling Grey instead. Ugh.

Edit: Got pity broken by Barst of all people, since there was no red on one pull :/

Edit 2: Down to 241 orbs (so I spent 95ish? today) but I got him. +atk, too! -def kind of sucks but he's not Gray and not -atk so I can't complain.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:40 pm

Nice! Yeah those new banners are super saturated lol, I was like okay red... wait there are three red heroes on this banner... oh well.

(free pull)

no red orbs :pacdown

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:53 pm

I acquired a Switch and a pro controller from a friend who's leaving the country so I guess I'm good to go for Three Houses. :pac

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:34 pm

Score! Now figure out how to stream from it and get Mario Maker 2 :pac

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:15 pm

That's definitely at or near the top of my pre-Three Houses list, plus a bunch of places are selling it bundled with a year of Nintendo Online. I might also go through my Steam wishlist and figure out which things I'd rather play on a Switch with its handheld/TV options instead of chaining myself to my desk. Tons of 'em probably have Switch ports by now, especially the indies.

not gonna lie I wish they'd port FEH to the Switch, I never feel completely happy with phones for games just 'cause of the form factor, but on a Switch I'd have a bunch of new choices without having to invest even more in an Android or iOS tablet

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:17 am

Delthazar wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:53 pm
I acquired a Switch and a pro controller from a friend who's leaving the country so I guess I'm good to go for Three Houses. :pac
Nice! I plan on getting mine shortly. I'm on the last boss of PQ2 so once I knock that out (probably this weekend, didn't have time last night and won't tonight) I'll be itching for a new handheld. Gotta squeeze Trails of Cold Steel 2 in though... and finish Shadow Dragon...

Edit: Brady apparently got demoted, for anyone that wants him but didn't get him at 5*

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:02 am

Raven is now the newest member of my 10+ club, thanks to my free pull on the weekly revival banner.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:08 am

I somehow pulled a Mikoto as my freebie on the latest banner. No clue what I'll do with her or if she'll ever even see the field beyond leveling to 40. But this is like the 4th unrelated 5* pull I've made on the current banners.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:35 am

My Cool Virion has made a believer in the idea that most any unit can actually be great if you pour enough resources into it.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:04 am

Now that banes are removed on merge and we've got dragonflowers, totally. That'll propel ya good boy Donnel to Virion-level stardom someday.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:05 am

Yep. I ignored Soren for so long because his base kit sucks. But with his weapon refine and a complete overhaul in skills (I don't think *any* of the skills I have on him now aside from that weapon are from his base kit) he's great. I need 3 more merges to +10 him. Hoping for one that's +atk or +spd since my current is +HP which is kind of useless.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:03 pm

I had totally forgotten about the 'Heroic Ordeals' mode, so I did a bunch of those last night. It reminded me what a beast Fallen!Delthea is, and now I want to find a team for her.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:01 pm

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:18 pm

She doesn't even have any inheritable skills.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:15 am

How do we have a headband voting gauntlet with no Ike? Probably because he'd wipe the floor with everyone, no contest.

Anyway, team Tibarn, which is maybe the one character that could have given Ike a run for his money.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:46 am

:blank t
Falcon Critical wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:18 pm
She doesn't even have any inheritable skills.
Wealth and privilege are in fact the most powerful inheritable skills.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:31 pm

I'm team Tibarn too. Don't have him, but he's pretty rad.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:55 pm

Tibarn is a fricking machine, even as a default-ass level 40 duder. Much respect to his boggling attack power.