[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:08 am

Pulled Hector! He was my second choice for the free unit, so I'm happy. I'm still going to try for the others, since I have the complete CYL set from last year.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:42 pm

Against my own better judgement I drew on the L!Marth banner a few times (mostly for colourless). Got another Spring!Kagero which is the one I already have, so that kinda deflated my enthusiasm a bit.

I've been working on Halloween!Henry lately, I had him with Close Counter/Vantage but I was running into issues where he couldn't tank any hits and couldn't one shot anyone unless he had a Glacies charged which was pretty rare. I've switched him to deathblow/bold fighter and keep him out of trouble and it's working a lot better.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:50 pm

I'm looking forward to the Halloween banner this year. Last year I only pulled Sakura, with no luck on legendary repeats yet :/ I'm just hoping the characters aren't all Fates/Awakening again, but this year's Spring/Summer banners give me hope that it won't be. Maybe Anna will get an alt.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:29 pm

Anna deserves an alt, she's getting the short end of the stick so far... especially considering canonically there are soooo many Annas!

There's a new difficulty level above Infernal... yikes. I can't even finish most of the BHBs on infernal, let alone a level above that. It makes me a little sad that they locked some accessories behind this super hard difficulty.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:41 pm

Heh, I still can't be bothered to clear a lot of the Lunatic maps, not 'til I got a full squad of +10s, anyway. Gotta have that easy-street idle tappin' while I do other things.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:05 pm

Yeah, I can't even do higher than hard with reinforcements.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:17 am

New update coming soon. I'm definitely excited about the ability to turn heroes I don't plan on using into combat manuals that don't take up barrack space. Plus, it sounds like it'll be easier to keep track of which skills I have on hand to be inherited, that way.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:51 pm

Yeah very nice change, I have a lot of fighters sitting around just in case I need axebreaker or deathblow or whatever.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:53 am

So, double SP weekend started yesterday and I decided to slap the Armored Boots seal on my new Hector, a blessing for more SP, and then a team of already leveled dancers surrounding him so he could just obliterate everything. Leveled him and learned all his skills in like 20 minutes. Dude is a badass, so I know who I'm backing in the voting gauntlet.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:32 pm

who turned your good, wholesome country boy Donnel into such a naughty, unwholesome anime body pillow

https://twitter.com/waypoint/status/1035935034266374146

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:18 pm

Hahaha, that's amazing. Also Brave!Hector is amazing yeah. I've paired him with Halloween Henry so that Henry can let them both move better. I have the boots seal on M!Grima so he can keep up with my other dragons.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:11 pm

Donnel should be an achievable halloween costume. Maybe I'll start hitting up local thrift stores for an old brassy pot.

Finally ended my long-ass shitty losing streak on banner focuses.

+HP/-DEF is a pretty meh IV but whatever, she's probably still a straight upgrade over the launch-era Olivia in the red dancer category, though maybe not as solid as my Azura in green, at least now I have more than one 5* dancer who isn't a squishy mage.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:26 pm

Her sword will help make up for that DEF bane at least, and +HP makes her stronger against magic too (every HP helps).

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:31 pm

Congrats, Del! I've had no luck in this legendary banner, but I also haven't tried. Been focusing my resources on CYL. Really want Ephraim.

So, my power was brown-out/completely out for much of this weekend, so I decided to replay FE Echoes since my 3DS was charged. I wanted to make the villager characters into different classes than I did when I first played. I had Faye as a healer the first time. Since she's an archer in Heroes, I wanted to class her as that this time. BUT... She can't class into an archer. WTF??? Why make her an archer in Heroes when it's impossible otherwise? There's no raisin why she can't be one... she can class into other physical classes, so... Ugh. So I made her a healer again because I already made Kliff a mage. But because I promoted everyone else first and already saved, I don't have an archer now. Kliff would have been the other candidate.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:02 pm

So Jamke's GHB was comparatively easy for me, the main things to look out for on the Infernal are his pre-charged special and guidance on the flier letting him swoop on you. Most of the enemies are hurt by the trees in the middle though, so it's decent for baiting with DC armors.

He carried 'heavy blade' as an A-slot skill, which is nice to get access to for 'free', though so many A slot abilities these days give attack or other stats that it's hard to find a great user of it. Someone mentioned however that Julius is a prime candidate, since his weapon inflicts -6 attack on any non-dragon-effective enemy it effectively counts as +6 attack for the heavy blade criteria.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:59 pm

New heroes from Geneology:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUYgGq78qg4

Quan's weapon is weird, it's like a pro-flier weapon since it boosts him against everyone else.

Silvia has basically nothing interesting, RIP.

Lewyn looks insane! At first I was like "i have too many green mages already, skip" but then his skills came up... I like have to list all of these.
Weapon = Reverse desperation! Attack twice before the enemy if you're HEALTHY! Insane.
Glimmer / Swift Sparrow = solid skills.
Special Spiral 3 = If special triggers, cooldown -2 after combat. This self-accelerates and basically means you can special every time so long as you double. Put this on everyone.
Odd Attack Wave = solid skill, these wave skills seem to be the new 'tactics' skills, but don't need mixed teams. Very nice for infantry.

So yeah, pull green on this banner 100%.

Also the new voting gauntlet is up. I'm team Veronica.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:21 pm

I'll probably just hit the freebie summon for this banner and go on my merry way.
Falcon Critical wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:26 pm
Her sword will help make up for that DEF bane at least, and +HP makes her stronger against magic too (every HP helps).
I'm running out of disposable units to vore for skills but for now I've tossed an HP+5 in her A slot (phrasing, boom) and a Holy Vestments special to hopefully help her tank ranged units better. Also put an Earth Dance seal on her, which I'm wondering if it stacks with her natural Firestorm Dance in B. Could probably stand to replace her Sword Valor. No rush.

Her weapon can be refined so that definitely helps. I always tend to chase +Spd enhancements in hopes of getting easy doubles.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:25 pm

Yeah, it's hard for me to get excited about a banner for a game that isn't in English. That said, my feelings basically mirror yours, FC. Silvia looks cool but we just had the festival banner and Lene, so, why bother? And Lewyn is the only one I slightly care about except I too have many, many green mages. I'm still trying to pull green on CYL for Ephraim but ending up with 0 green orbs every time I try, so I've essentially been pulling for Celica with no luck. Not sure if I want to actively pull green on this after my free summon, or save up for the eventual Halloween banner and hope I like the options.

I'm team Hector. If he loses, Veronica is my back-up.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:51 pm

Yeah I like defensive specials on dancers, they're often beat up on so having that extra protection is real nice.

Odin's new tome animation is amazing and very extra. I want to build him for this eldridtch smackdown!

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHero ... magic_new/

Couldn't figure out how to just embed the video, so have the reddit thread :pac

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:55 am

Heh, extra indeed. I wonder if that'll get him out of the bottom tier. I noticed that Fir jumped up after she got a weapon refinery update, but I still haven't bothered with mine.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:25 pm

The new banner is here, and I pulled Lewyn with my free pull. Checked and he has neutral IVs too, which seems pretty solid.

I was planning to run him with Odin so they can be all extra together, but Odin's PRF is gonna need 200 dew and man am I struggling to gather that resource. Oof.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:28 pm

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:06 pm

Holy fuckballs! I just got Lewyn, too! One green on my free pull.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:40 pm

You bastards! Meanwhile, I cleared the new maps for 20 orbs and got nothing but 3-star trash (pulling in the CYL banner). Free pull on the new banner was actually a 4-star Libra. Since he's a new unit for me, it was a little slow and had that smoke effect so I got my hopes up for Lewyn, but was denied.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:18 am

I got him, too. I was going for the dragon.