[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Nintendo Got Thirsty

Post by John Layfield » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:01 am

I think so, they've added a bunch of stuff. And the damn thing will fart orbs at you for a few days.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:43 am

It's probably twice as deep and five times as wide compared to launch. There's a lot more to do now, a lot more ways to fill your pockets full of orbs and feathers, and a lot more to think about and balance and theorycraft, but it can still be relatively breezy and pick up 'n' play if that's more what you're looking for.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:12 pm

Man I'm loving Sigurd, his -50%/-80% damage from mages mixed with 'Miracle' means I can throw him out there to tank a bunch of hits without worrying too much. It also mixes really well with Priscilla's 'Rehabilitate' heal which pretty much fully heals anyone if they're low HP.

It's a slow process getting SP on her though, I'm getting close to Fortify Cavalry which will make Sigurd even beefier.

I pulled a couple of times for Hector on the new banner, looking for that distant counter. no luck after 60 orbs (60 left) so now I'm wondering if I keep fishing or go back to saving since next Friday is a 'special heroes summoning event' which is presumably Easter. I should wait for that to get someone new and cool rather than fishing for a skill I don't super need.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:49 pm

I've been wanting a trade system since the beginning. The sigh.

Having the whole wait or not debate myself since Hector is technically always available.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:52 pm

A trade system in a gacha game would be chaos. Unless there was such a heavy tax to do it than it was nearly impossible. Otherwise, it'd be the easiest thing to roll another account on a different device/emulator, pull with the easy-to-get starter orbs and then send off the good stuff to your main account.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:48 pm

So for this upcoming Easter event (assumed), do you think they'll have new Easter heroes? Will the draw be new Easter only or new/old heroes combo making it harder to get the new ones?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:41 pm

Since this is the first time there's been a repeated seasonal pull (there was no Valentine's event last time despite the game being released in early February), we literally won't know until it happens. I wouldn't mind the flying mage Camilla to complement my flying mage Morgan, though.

Speaking of, I leveled her (and the legendary Ike and Hardin) super fast despite no double EXP bonus in 2 days. Distant counter makes it real easy to rake that shit in, especially when you do the special training maps without them dying. Had trouble keeping Morgan alive for some of it due to close units, but it's overall a great team that I may keep around (with an interchangeable green unit at the moment).

Also, I'm excited that they're planning on adding a colorless dragon unit. Makes me wonder if it'll be a special one or one that will be possible to obtain normally once it's introduced.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:59 pm

We already have a dragon dancer, so a dragon healer perhaps? A dragon ninja that throws their gem? :pac

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:37 pm

Nils is the brother of Ninian (the dragon dancer) and he's an archer, so people are speculating that it'll be him. It'll definitely be a new type of unit if that's the case, since archer and dragon are normally separate types. Maybe he'll just act like a dragon with distant counter or something... We'll see. Grima!Robin and Nowi already do that but for simply a color and not a separate weapon type in addition to dragon, so I don't know. Maybe they're going to overhaul how dragons work in general... but that doesn't make sense either, since they transform instead of using swords/tomes/spears/axes etc. We'll just have to see.

Edit: I like your idea of dragon healer, but that still doesn't fit since healing staffs are also considered separate weapons. Same with gem thrower. Hmm... A colorless dragon with a direct attack is all that would fit without an overhaul to how weapons work so far. Again, could still be Nils. Amelia starts as a lance user in her respective game but is an axe user in Heroes, for example, so it's not too far-fetched to change his type based on a need in this game, so to speak.

Flarecake
Never Stops Winning Too Much, Again / CF-NHL Technical Champion 2016

Post by Flarecake » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:52 am

Nils is a dragon himself, too. It was seen only briefly in artwork in-game, from when he and Ninian crossed over together.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:26 pm

How are you all going with the new Tempest Trials? My cavlary team is having a much easier time of it, I guess partly because Fallen!Robin is so slow I can clean everyone else up first allowing Gunnthra's debuff to hit him and boost her damage through the roof.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:38 pm

I don't have an optimised team or anything on my new account but I've managed to grind out 25,000 points so far, which is nice.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:47 pm

Wow you've gone hard on that :O

I've just been doing the two bonus boosted runs per day, since that basically gets me to the 5-star mask-guy. Is there something specific you're grinding up for ?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:52 pm

I usually do the 3 a day to meet the quest requirement. Sometimes I do more if I'm bored. Usually it's enough to get the unique seal that after the 5-star unit. I didn't actually check what that was yet this time.

Also, HECTOR FINALLY CAME HOME!!!

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:32 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:Wow you've gone hard on that :O

I've just been doing the two bonus boosted runs per day, since that basically gets me to the 5-star mask-guy. Is there something specific you're grinding up for ?
Not really, though I guess the second seal would be a nice capstone. I always go hard on limited time events though.

There's also not much else for me to spend stamina on right now, to be honest.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:41 pm

Oh yeah, Tempest, I guess I should start that. I held off first day 'cause I don't have any of the bonus allies at 40 yet.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:42 pm

Delthazar wrote:Oh yeah, Tempest, I guess I should start that. I held off first day 'cause I don't have any of the bonus allies at 40 yet.
Bonus allies also get bonus exp in Tempest I believe, so might be worth taking a non-40 in there anyway.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:32 pm

Hmm, I wonder if that's any faster for EXP than just running the special training maps endlessly. Heh, I have all four of the 20% bonus allies doing that right now.

Somehow my Cherche is a +4 but only a 3* :pacdown

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:58 pm

Cherche is worth upgrading to 5*, in my opinion. At least I did that to mine. Not sure if she comes as a 5* naturally anyway. But... the Gerome from this event might top her, as he's the same type of unit. We'll see.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:28 pm

I'll probably get her up to 4* at least, eventually. Her look throws me off. I dunno what it is about riders, aside from Hinoka they all got really weird fashion choices.

Fashion Emblem, get in.

I should put a C skill on my good boy Donnel. Hmm...

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:05 pm

Ah, well, you haven't actually played Awakening yet, I assume? I liked her in her original game before Heroes came out, so that helps. And she's a little less cringy in design than Camilla, though I have her too.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:23 pm

Got my Gerome from Tempest.

Which 90s Batman movie did this guy fall out of, am I right folks?

#FashionEmblem

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:02 pm

You got the 5 star already? Or the 4 star?

But yeah, it's a thing in Awakening about his mask. I did notice on Twitter that his damage art removes the mask, though.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:09 pm

Just the 4*. I rarely have the patience to grind my way up to the fivers. Usually in Tempest I just try to get the 4* unit and grab a seal and call it a day.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:03 pm

Cherche has really high attack and an anti-armour weapon making her pretty good at sniping armour pieces. I have a bunch of 3-star versions of her too, she's certainly one on my list for boosting. My dragon team are all 37-40 now, so it's time to start looking at their skills more closely.