[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Fire Emblem] Nintendo Got Thirsty

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:04 pm

I presume they mean Bow!Lyn since new players get a free hero and the game recommends her as the choice.

Here's a tier list/useful website for building up your fighters:
https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/inheritance-tier-list

Remember of course that the tiers only really matter if you're going to try to be the very best, for the most part any character can be great so go with who you like. I use the tier list as more of a general guide when looking at units that seem similar and I don't have a preference already.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 pm

My level/rarity-up priority and teams are usually built by

1) the cute ones, of which there are many 'cause that's just the kinda game this is - Mia! Hinoka! Anna is very underrated! The Tharja-Rhajat generational anime goth squad! Maybe I'll try to turn Hana into a killing machine someday just for kicks!

2) the semi-ironic faves, such as my boy Donnel! He's a good boy!

3) the legit great juggernauts like Ryoma and pretty much every Brave or Legendary unit: yer Ike's, yer Lyn's, yer Fjorm's

In pretty much that order 'cause eff optimization

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:54 pm

Yes, Bow! Lyn, although I don't recall the game pointing me towards her. I just like her design, but she is showing herself to be a beast in combat, and I loved just now when I had a sword person on the other side of a bush, and I could just attack with abandon, because it couldn't get around the bush to attack her. Too bad another person was within range...

I'm thinking I want my main squad to be Lyn, plus my highest ranking of each main type. I just picked up Ike, and I'm using Sabin's twin and Nephenee. I'm thinking the love child of Sabin and FuSuLu will need replacing at some point. I like him, but he keeps getting 2 point levels. That's 2 total points. What. The. Hell, man?

BTW, 7251246049
Last edited by True Perception on Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:56 pm

Heh, and that's not even the floor. It's totes possible to get nothing but SP on a level-up.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:12 pm

Hawkeye: "My strength has gone up. Good."

No, it hasn't, bitch! It's right there on the screen: You Atk stat didn't budge.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:11 pm

I changed my mind, you little shit! With a 4 Speed level up, you will not be destroying worlds...

Edit: Two in a row? Really?!

You're really getting on my nerves, you little pissant! Three levels in one battle and it amounted to 12 speed and 1 defense.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:19 pm

I mean if I were a hero and my summoner talked jive like that I wouldn't play ball either

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:36 pm

Hey, I liked the guy before... I started trying to use him.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:44 am

Get a load of the bourgeois bossman over here crackin' that level-up whip

Time for your heroes to seize the means of summoning I'd say

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:17 am

One thing I didn't realise early on is not to worry about the level up gains, your fighters will always get to the same stats at 40. The only variation is what star level they are and the IV they have.

I'm pushing through for that Def Tactic in Tempest Trials, since I realised I can put it on Spring!Sharena and she will have Def and Res Tactics. That seems fun.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:37 am

Oh yeah, I've been ponderin' putting that there Res Ploy on my Christmas Tharja 'cause her Res stat is ludicrously high, therefore it should proc on every single enemy unit in the game.

Though I really like her with the Distance Defense seal she has currently, just to make her even tankier. I'm one of those "emphasize strengths" kinda players.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:38 am

yissssss

Insomnia apparently gets me fatigue, bad dreams, and decent Fire Emblem pulls.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:49 am

Y'all crazy throwing orbs and cash money at this when the Thracia banner's coming up.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:58 am

Sorry but I asked my physician if Thracia is right for me and they told me to avoid "herbal medicines"

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:13 am

So, what's this IV thing? Is it something you have to compare online, or does it show somewhere on the stats screen?

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:32 am

The Thracia game isn't out in English and I know nothing of the characters, so I don't really care about it. Plus, those characters will be added permanently anyway, unlike seasonal heroes, in case they turn out to be good and I change my mind about wanting them.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:58 pm

True Perception wrote:So, what's this IV thing? Is it something you have to compare online, or does it show somewhere on the stats screen?
Most heroes have stat variations, so when you pull a hero they will typically have +3 to one stat, and -3 to another stat.

You can only tell what IV you have at level 1 or lvl 40, due to the uneven nature of stat gains through the levels. To find out the IV of your fighter, you then need to look up their stat variation on gamepress. I can see, for example, that Del's Spring!Sharena is +HP/-ATK since her neutral stat spread is: 18 / 8 / 10 / 3 / 6 at level 1. Her weapon gives +14 ATK and +3 RES. (You can do the subtractions in your head, unequip the weapon ingame, or just tick the weapon check box on the gamepress website to help confirm your statline).

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/hero/spring-sharena

Under the lvl 1 and lvl 40 stat variations, the next table shows the generally accepted preferred IVs. This typically only super matters if you're going hardcore against other hardcore types, but it gives a general sense of what the best variation is. Under that it has ideal builds, though typically they involve eating other powerful units so take it with a grain of salt. The first build for Spring!Sharena recommends 'Chill Res 3' which is only on Spring!Catria, so you vore a unique unit to gain one ability which seems mad to me unless you somehow got Spring!Catria and don't think you'll ever use her.

There are Neutral IVs, some characters on only neutral, but any draw can also be neutral.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:14 pm

I've always figured that if IVs were truly important the game itself would actually surface that information to the player. Like, there's no UI indicators, it's never mentioned in the help or loading screen blurbs as far as I know, so would players who never bother to look FEH stuff up online even know IVs exist?

I gotta figure that good team composition will nullify suboptimal IVs on any one individual unit unless that unit is already really bad, in which case good IVs won't save 'em anyway. I'm probably more concerned with the overall base total points at 40, which... is also kind of an undocumented meta thing which is hard to put into context without going on a wiki. :pac

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:05 pm

I don't see myself going ham on this, so I will just ignore IV. I'll likely grow tired of the time constraint at some point.

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:34 pm

So,while looking for an easy map to level some new units, I realized the game completely skipped Book I on me.
No wonder I got a bad ass 5 star for free so quick. Still, I feel like I've been pretty lucky, going by that Tier List what got posted. In addition to Brave Warrior Lyn, Ice Chick, and Titty Rabbit Ninja, I've also got Elincia, Cherche, Olivia, Soleil, Sophia, and Tiki. Tiki especially since she also counters at any range. I'm tempted to put her and Ice Chick on the same team and let them solo everything. Oh, I also got some lame bench warmers(i.e. dudes.)
True Perception wrote:I don't see myself going ham on this, so I will just ignore IV. I'll likely grow tired of the time constraint at some point.
That's why you get yourself another game to play when this one is on cooldown. Might I suggest Brave Exvius?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:48 pm

Tiki is good, or at least Adult Tiki is good, I don't know about the kid version. I don't like Olivia a whole lot but she's probably the only performer who drops commonly (use Dance/Sing to give a unit an extra move after they've taken an action) so she at least has some utility 'til you can pull a better one, like Azura or Shigure.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:51 pm

I use kid Tiki. She used to be several tiers above adult Tiki until recently, and I don't know what changed. Now they're considered equal (or maybe adult is slightly above her now? Idk). Regular Olivia doesn't come as a 5-star so you have to promote her, but yeah, if you don't have any other dancer yet, there you go (and she's still considered quite good; I just haven't bothered leveling mine yet).

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:00 pm

I think I remember reading somewhere that all dragon weapons were rebalanced fairly recently to calculate damage against an enemy's lowest stat, or the lower of either DEF or RES, so now all dragon units should be pretty powerful.

Which reminds me: how many units have Falchion other than Not Marth? I feel like I should have at least one other Falchion user but I ain't seeing 'em in my roster.

e: I guess the normal Lucina probably has it, and others might have different weapons with similar anti-dragon effects.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:14 pm

Marth himself, Chrom, the New Chrom, Regular Lucina, Alm... just off the top of my head. I did notice that they all jumped up in the tier rankings lately... probably because there are more new dragons like Myrhh and Fell!Robin (who also happen to be green) who are very strong.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:51 pm

HunterF wrote: That's why you get yourself another game to play when this one is on cooldown. Might I suggest Brave Exvius?
Played it. Left it.

Henry: "Here! Have some death!"

Oh, you and I are going to get along swimmingly, Henry!

P.S.: I love the raven/crow attack!

Edit: Okay, Henry's a keeper. He just punked a mage several levels higher, and I love his comments.

All in all, my B-squad is pretty solid. Fjorm, Anna, Henry, and Chrom.