[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by True Perception » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:19 am

I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere else first, but I never knew the term until X-Men First Class.

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:58 am

Bier_Engel wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:19 pm
Oh, yeah, I think Yuna was my first exposure with it in general (like it made me aware of the term/condition itself) but the game never pointed it out, in her case, if I recall.
While the game never explicitly pointed it out, I do remember some scenes where it was subtly acknowledged and implied to be due to her being half Al Behd.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:27 am

So I dropped in on my local indie games store today since it's been a while and that place is still extremely cool. Like, at least one of every major retro console, weird rarities, they still rent stuff out, think I saw Tokyo Mirage Sessions in there, they got a dog chilling behind the counter - that kind of cool.

Anyway, they had copies of both GBA Fire Emblems, one of which was $80. Cart only. Pretty sure that was Blazing Blade. That's twice as much as the actual GBA hardware units they also had in the same case. :pac The collector's market is real, I guess it's getting pretty hard to find that stuff these days. Makes me feel old.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:30 pm

Nei is bae wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:58 am
While the game never explicitly pointed it out, I do remember some scenes where it was subtly acknowledged and implied to be due to her being half Al Behd.
Ah, interesting! I guess she got that instead of the swirls.

Yeah, Mike sort of quit his retro gaming collection because everything just keeps going up and it shows no sign of stopping. I prefer emulating those games anyway, because I'm a filthy casual that likes to use save states once the battles start getting long.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eCXbX8hvvo

Feh Channel starts 35 minutes in.

Pair up is cool but only available to legendary heroes in certain modes, so it's not too overpowered, thankfully.

More incentive to have friends now with allegiance battles.

And then the aether resort thing is a nice non-combat way to spend time in the app.

Yay demotions and summoning pool changes! But it's weird that they just took some older units out instead of demoting them. There are still older units I don't have, so... I still need vanilla Ike, for instance.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:42 pm

The Aether Resort may get me to log in and give Sharena lots of friends, that's what I'm excited about!

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:51 pm

Seems like the reception to this Feh Channel is overwhelmingly negative. Basically, most people are pissed that so many units are simply being removed rather than demoted (I'm sort of with them- while they may be older, powercrept units, there are a lot I don't have and still want). Many are also pissed because the new modes are "pointless." While I can see that with Aether Resorts, I think it's cute and I like character interaction. Allegiance Battles have rewards such as feathers and dragonflowers, so I don't think that's pointless at all.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:26 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DFJMBybfRY

Oh fuck yes, I really did replay the Tellius games at the right time! I know a lot of people wanted Ranulf and Lethe, so here we are. Surprised Caineghis made it over Skrimir, though. But yeah, exciting new beast units, and once again, the whole color spectrum is represented. Hoping they do a forging bonds with tickets again and that I have the luck I did with the last one.

This begs the question, though... I wonder how they will handle the dragon laguz from those games once they'll eventually be introduced. Will they be dragon units like the ones currently in Heroes, or beast units since they have the laguz transformation style and don't use dragon stones?

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:39 pm

I was scared for a second that DD4 had distant counter built in, but that was from his weapon.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:51 pm

YEAH... he's kind of nuts. Despite being my least favorite actual character of the bunch, I might have to aim for him...

Edit: Haar is apparently our free GHB unit, though I can't find official proof. One of my Youtubers mentioned it and I saw a thing on Twitter about his battle starting on the 11th, though I can't find actual proof anywhere. Still, enough people are saying it already that I hope it's true. Haar pretty much carried me in FE 10...

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:02 am

Haar has been confirmed on the Japanese Twitter news account at least- not sure why English is taking its time or where the art is. I think I'm actually more excited for him than the people on the banner, but it'd be nice to know his skills. Plus, axes or lances are a possibility, so it'd be nice to know his weapon, too.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:23 pm

Sorry for the triple post but the update is live (I had to force mine, though). Aether Resort is so stupid cute. A plus side too is that you can use friend's allies, so I was able to add V!Soren to my Ike/Soren group. That absolute madman rode his horse in the inn XD Their little dream bubbles in the inn are cute. Ike dreamt of meat, which makes me wonder what other character specific dreams some units may have (unless the meat is common, but it's something Ike's specifically known for). The armory showcases what other weapons the hero you drag into it can wield. Hearing Soren shout, "are you ready to die!?" while holding Camilla's spring egg was pretty amusing.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:30 pm

Ah! Thanks for letting me know, I'm gonna jump in and play with it!

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:27 pm

Apparently Haar's stats suck and he's basically a Gerome clone with nothing unique about him, and everyone is pissed. I'm definitely disappointed, and used the feathers I saved to promote him on someone else already. Gerome is so bad that I can't even beat his dragonflower trial, so yeah...

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:32 pm

Looking forward to jumping into the Resort tonight if I don't pass out first.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:03 pm

If anything, it's just for indulging in your favorite ships for now. And the cool thing about that is, maybe one member is only an unleveled 3 star unit. Doesn't matter in this mode!

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:13 pm

I had Bunny!Sharena dream about Alfonse, which was pretty cute. Anna so far dreamt of Aether and food.

Other observations:
Panne likes it when Sharena splashes her.
Sharena gets cross when Panne splashes her back. :pac

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:27 pm

I don't have the hot springs yet but I should hopefully have enough points tomorrow. I need to recreate the Ike/Soren splash scenes I've seen XD

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:10 am

I got a +atk Ranulf in the same round as my free pull (so minimal orb investment) and I feel bad because my Twitter friend who's wanted him since launch spent 400+ orbs already and got pity broken with Lugh. I don't have the heart to tell her about my pull. (She did get Mordecai and Caineghis, at least).

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:34 pm

I made the mistake(?) of looking at the forging bonds event and now I want all the forest friends accessories!

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:38 pm

Oh man, they're amazing. I love that two of the EX versions give cat ears. A+ forging bonds event. The scenes in this one are all really cute, too. Fjorm and Mordecai have an unlikely friendship.

Also, I just want to say I love Forging Bonds in general. It's one way to spend my stamina while using teams of characters I love, and still actually win and earn rewards. Can't really use my Soren and harem Ike team in the chain challenges...

Edit: Got a duplicate Laejarn with one of my summoning tickets. I could fodder her for her unique arena skill, but I noticed I actually took that skill off of my other one, heh. I could also merge her, but my built version has neutral IVs and this one is +atk (nice) but -spd (ugh) and I'm not sure which one would be better to merge into. I also never actually use her, so I'm at a loss about what to do. I was thinking about giving Aversa the arena skill but then she'd lose Swift Sparrow...

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:37 pm

I built my Laegjarn (+ATK/-HP) into a physical tank, so she has:

Slaying Edge (+SPD)
Swap
Bonfire
Spd/Def Bond 3
Chill Atk 3
Even Def Wave 3
Iote's Shield

I used her default weapon for a while, but she pumps out so many Bonfires with the slaying edge it's really boosted her viability for me. I can run her into Surtrs all day.

Aversa I have HP/Spd 2 on her A slot, and Renewal 3 on her B slot to keep her healthy even when you step on traps etc. Also HP+ on her sacred seal. Aversa and Eir are the foundation of my AR team.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:50 pm

Hmm, I usually don't inherit weapons (especially when a unit comes with a unique one) but I might have to give slaying edge a try. Thanks!

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:46 pm

Yeah I'm the same, I tend to try to keep their default weapons wherever I can, but Slaying Edge is sooo good on Bonfire Laegjarn.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:00 pm

It seems that the refinable slaying edge+ is only available from 5* units :/ Who'd you fodder? I gave her the regular slaying edge for now but the MT is so much lower that it really ruined her attack stat.