[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Nintendo Got Thirsty

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:19 pm

HunterF wrote:I have no idea. Lemme see...

Okay, apparently FeH doesn't tell you what game the characters are from, so, Iunno.

Duh, I googled the game, and I do have some of the characters. Clair, Mathilda, Catria, Palla, and Est. They're low rarity, though.
It will tell you if you go to the catalog of heroes. They're all grouped by game, too. But yeah, you don't really have anyone good. I have a 5* Mathilda and she's universally considered trash. I've had her for ages and can't even get her to 40. Est is worth promoting, though. (The last 3 characters you mentioned are in other titles too, I think, so they may be said as being from another game in the catalog).

Del- Fire Emblem is like Pokemon in that the costs of the games never seem to go down. I got Awakening years later and it was still near full price. Digitally, last time I saw, they were all still full price as well. Maybe you'll get lucky with a cart only deal on eBay or something. But, it's well worth the price, considering how many hours of gameplay you can get out of all of these.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:36 pm

Yeah, lowest listings for Echoes and Fates on EB's site is still $40 each. Awakening isn't there at all though. I'd probably have better luck checking the local stores in person but ehh. Someday maybe.

But if none of the FE games on 3DS actually require 3D support I could at least save myself a few bones by picking up a 2DS instead. :pac

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:43 pm

Yeah, the 3D is horrible. Every game I've tried to play in 3D gave me eyestrain/a headache, so I always keep it turned off. Fortunately, the New 2DS is a good 50 bucks cheaper than the New 3DS, so that should save you a few million Monopoly monies if you decide to buy one. Because I'm a sucker for these kinds of things, I picked up one of these. I also bought the Dreamcast theme for it.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:07 pm

I've never used the 3D in the entire 6 or so years I've had the 3DS, so yeah, 2DS would be fine. I *do* like folding my 3DS, though, and the 2DS can't do that?

Hunter, I love that design! I'd get that if I needed a new one.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:14 pm

The NEW 2DS does fold. It's literally a 3DS without the 3D.

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-New-2DS ... FKAAZ&th=1

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:17 pm

Newer model 2DSes... 2DS'... 2DSii... newer models fold and are basically exactly the 3DS just without the 3D function, yeah. So that's what I'd get 'cause they're like $50 to $80 cheaper, I think, at least for refurbs I guess.

The old chunky single-block 2DS units are still around but I've never heard good things about their build quality plus they look terrible, like, maybe one of the worst looking pieces of hardware Nintendo has made, I think.

e: damnit hunter you ninja

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:40 pm

Yeah, I've only seen those block ones. Despite never using the 3D ever, I still wouldn't get one of those. Good to know the new ones are built better.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:21 pm

I upgraded Nephenee's spear with the Resistance bonus. That is already showing itself to be a good call.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:04 am

Got Shigure from the new banner. Still have 7 orbs left and I haven't done any of the new maps or quests yet, so I'll be trying for the other 2 later on.

Edit: A datamine shows that Kaze is part of this release too, but doesn't say how to get him. The other Kana is a Grand Hero Battle, so the only other way to get him would be future Tempest Trial reward. But we're already still in the middle of a TT, so that's going to be sort of spaced out from when this banner is active... But Kaze was one of my husbands in Fates, so I'm looking forward to it. It'd be cool if they added his daughter in the future, too. She could easily be one of the colored archer units.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:54 am

I went in for Hiroka in the new banner, got pity broken by Nanna. I kind of wanted her in the previous banner, so not all bad. I guess I'm sticking with Spring!Kagero in my flier team, I was going to rebuild her as mage team support but she'll stay mixed for now.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:57 pm

So the new legendary banner was announced and it's a Wind Lyn... (yes, another Lyn) who is a green bow user, so this is our first colored bow, I guess.

She seems cool but a) we have a bow Lyn already. b) I still need flying bow Hinoka and she's more desirable to me right now.

But, it's another of those 8% legendary banners. Female Fell!Robin is back, so more orbs for me to waste on colorless hell (Genny is also involved and I want her too). And it looks like some Halloween and Performing Arts special heroes will be in it. Overall, pretty good.

Edit: Turns out I have all 3 red units (legendary Ike, Fell!Celica and Calvary!Eirika), so I can skip all the red orbs, but I am literally lacking everyone else.

Full line up aside from those 3:

Colorless: Genny, Halloween!Jakob, Fell!Robin (Female)
Blue: PA!Shigure, Michaiah, LegendaryEphraim
Green: PA!Inigo, LegendaryBowLyn (new), Halloween!Henry

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:10 pm

I'm starting to think I should just stockpile orbs forever and only pull from 8% banners from now on 'cause my luck has been trash lately.

Lookin' at the art for this new Lyn and getting the Devil Survivor geometry calculations joke in my head

phpBB [video]

thankfully the gravity returns to Earth standard for her attack poses otherwise those arrows would end up in orbit, heyoo

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:44 pm

I feel the same way about orbs and anime tiddie dynamics.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:19 pm

Sir Isaac Newton didn't know about that anime tiddy

the apple fell on his head but the big bap floated away

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:24 pm

I wasn't super into Legendary!Lyn, but her animations and speed tactic are very enticing.

Other units I would probably go in for are the Halloween fellas, Henry especially because I love his weapon and animations though I'm getting really full on green mages.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue May 01, 2018 3:14 am

I dropped 100 orbs fishing for L!Lyn and/or Vamp!Henry, got 3 Inigos in a row, and then one Henry near the end of my orbs. I was kind of greedily wanting Lyn to vore for Speed Tactic, so maybe she knew.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue May 01, 2018 6:04 am

Sucks about 3 Inigos. I got 2 Summer!Xanders when going for Gunnthra last time. He is... not equivalent.

But, this time I got my female Fell!Robin after about 20 orbs! I'm pulling everything but red since I have all 3 reds and lacked all (until her just now) of all other colors. Gonna focus more on green and blue now, but I won't be mad if I get Jakob or Genny (who I've been wanting for ages).

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Tue May 01, 2018 11:39 am

I'm trying for that flying Archer, but I keep pulling duplicates of people I already have.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue May 01, 2018 6:51 pm

Yeah, still don't have her either.

Does anyone else have the female Fell!Robin? I'm wondering why a colorless unit would come with cancel affinity as a skill. I've Googled it but the explanations aren't really making much sense as to why it'd still be useful on a colorless unit, despite their best efforts. Going to just replace that skill for now, and I can always learn it later if it eventually makes sense.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Tue May 01, 2018 8:41 pm

Yeah, that skill is actually useful, if niche. In one of the GHB's, there was a unit that had a skill that gave it type advantage against colorless units. Cancel Affinity cancelled it.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue May 01, 2018 8:51 pm

Do you remember which one? I guess since they rotate now, I can figure it out eventually, but still... I feel like that's one of those "standby" skills that you forget about until you read an internet strategy. I didn't even realize a colorless advantage was a thing.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Tue May 01, 2018 10:31 pm

I don't remember. It was a couple weeks ago.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Tue May 01, 2018 11:00 pm

I have at least one character with a colorless advantage skill, but I forget who. Pretty sure it was part of a weapon upgrade.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed May 02, 2018 12:42 pm

There's one of the tomes, owl or raven or something... which gives advantage vs colourless. People did use it apparently to help counter Brave!Lyns, which seems counter-intuitive to me since wolf/anti-cavalry tomes would counter her and Reinhardt.

Now that I have Vampy!Henry I might actually make an armour team. I already have LA!Eliwood and Zelgius built and stacked with defense. Not sure who the fourth is yet, though.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed May 02, 2018 12:53 pm

If you can get Armour March, look into inheriting it for your best armour units 'cause it's pretty great. Unfortunately I think Amelia is the only non-event unit who has it.