[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:42 am

Looks like it's team Julius for me. He's pretty slow for a mage, but his tome's "-6 ATK to enemy unless they're dragon effective" makes him surprisingly tanky, especially with near 40 RES. Either that or you could trian up smolzura

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:16 pm

I'll definitely train my 5* one, but I don't have her yet. I'll have her by the end of tomorrow since she's the 15k prize. I earn 5k points a day, so that I finish everything on the last day (i.e. effectively using the bonuses and clearing the quests without grinding after the rewards are over).

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:04 pm

Got Camilla! Now to grab them dragons...

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:17 am

The new Camilla? How is she?

Edit: The new Azura is really good. A co-worker called off today so I was called in to work a late shift instead of an early one, and since I was already up, I grinded out the points for 5* Azura and leveled her to 40 already before I had to go in. She's great in the trials themselves. Got her to like 30 and just threw her in and she held her own and leveled up much more quickly from there.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:11 pm

I haven't tried her out yet. I'm liking Mia, though. That bonus group heal is nice!

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:44 pm

Yeah Nanna has that group heal as well. I call it a raid heal because it actually heals all characters on your team across the larger maps like Rival Domains.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:57 pm

My Nanna is merged and I have more merge fodder for her from all these failed pulls, so I'm keeping them around.

Speaking of, as much as I want to merge my new Azura, I know the FTP guides will start using her right away, like they did for Aversa, so I'm going to abstain for now. I've already been screwed over for merging my Aversa too soon.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:49 pm

Heh, I was so right. PM1 literally says in this video that he's going to use the new Azura from now on.

Speaking of, linking it in case anyone is having issues with the Corrin and Kana battle. The first solution worked perfectly for me despite my Fjorm and Ike being merged. Still not gonna merge my Azura, though, since merging the others has ruined other solutions for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4GHfwBkfvo&t=178s

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:32 am

Same boat, my Azura and Fjorm were stronger and managed to kill a lot faster than his solution, though maybe that was because I used Veronica as my healer. Couldn't be bothered levelling smol!Azura so I just threw crystals at her.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:40 am

She's worth investing in.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:43 pm

I'm beginning to look up optimal builds for my main group; starting with Spring Kagero. So far, I've got Reposition and Desperation 2. Not sure if I want to switch Goad Fliers for Hone Fliers, since I don't tend to keep my characters in tight formation.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:28 pm

I'm quite disappointed in the very few heroic grails given as a end of season reward. Here's hoping they become rewards for quests and TT points and the like in the future.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:20 pm

Also finding it weird that a new banner starts on the 20th and we have no preview yet. Don't we usually get one like 2 nights in advance? Definitely curious about who they're adding, since I have 85 orbs right now.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNxlSzKmbmQ

YUS, I've been waiting for them! Excited about them being available.

But, only 2 characters in a banner? I think that's a first. Hopefully they'll throw in Laegjarn to round out the banner or something... Now I'm curious about who the Grand Hero will be 2 days later. Probably Fjorm/Gunnthra/Ylgr's brother?

Edit: Just realized how broken Surtr's weapon is. "At start of turn, deals 20 dmg to foes within 2 spaces." So, *every* turn? It doesn't specify first turn, or a certain number... and then his C skill amplifies the range of 2 thing. Wow. Glad I have 96 orbs at the moment. Definitely gonna snipe for him.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:46 pm

He also has a lot of Def enhancement going on, so that's a lot of turns in range of the guy, sustaining said massive damage. That's damned OP.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:31 pm

Yeah his whole kit seems worthy of a boss. 20 raw damage per turn, along with +/- 4 on all stats, guard built into an A skill, and top it off with Wary Fighter meaning anyone who can't one-shot him is gonna need help or be in for a bad time.

I'm not sure what the event buildings do in this new season of Aether Raids, but they're very cute. I switched my defense team for max cuteness, Spring!Sharena, Spring!Alfonse, Anna with bunny ears, and Feh Hat on a level 1, 4-star, weaponless smol!zura. The Askr crew are showing her around the spring grounds. Also they're all green units which is fun for me.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:35 pm

I went up against an Aether team of all Lyn variants a while back. That was kinda funny.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:44 pm

I'm kind of just winging the whole Aether thing. Not taking it too seriously, but not going all-out "whatever, have fun!" either. I have 2 of the 3 new special/temporary structures. We'll see how much those structures ruin my chances of winning other people's keeps tomorrow.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:22 pm

So now I'm confused: We're getting Gharnef as a GHB unit, not Hrid. I guess Gharnef is an old-school villain, but I don't see how he relates to this banner at all.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:21 am

Yeah no idea who that is. The new banner opened and I got Ylgr in the first round! Wasn't expecting it so I guess I'm now waiting for Christmas banners.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:55 am

Did a few pulls and only got 3 star units, so I'm going to wait a bit before trying again.

Edit: Did the Xenologue and most of the special maps. Nice orbs there. But fuck, still nothing but 3 star units after several pulls. This is worse than my Halloween luck. Not even good fodder.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:49 am

It's gotta break eventually, your luck. Maybe this next legendary banner >.>

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:23 pm

I got Ylgr on my lunch break. Tried pulling Surtr after and ended up with zero green orbs to choose from every time. I feel like that always happens. 65 orbs left currently. Not sure if I should try again or wait until after the legendary banner, since this one lasts until after that one.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:13 am

Woot, got my Surtr! And I have 32 orbs left to begin saving for the legendary banner. It's a Thanksgiving miracle.

Edit: He's +HP, -Res, so it kind of balances out, since his res is shit anyway.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:23 am

Nice! I hear he's potentially amazing in Aether Raid Defense. Stick him one back from a tile that stops a unit when they step on it, then next turn they vore 20 damage and get dunked on.