[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Delthazar » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:28 pm

heh, right, Discord, when was the last time I updated that app :pacdown I'll jump on soon if I can manage to remember
Bier_Engel wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:56 am
Time skip Petra was just spoiled for me on Twitter and all I will say, Del, is keep trying to recruit her because she's fucking hot XD
Luckily requesting battle assistance from characters not in your house seems to really help build support levels, and supposedly the stat/skill requirements for recruitment actually go down a little if you have support ranks. I'm only at a C with Petra so far but hopefully that'll speed things up.

Speaking of recruitment, it feels like the non-student characters are a lot easier. I picked up both Shamir and Catharine last night, and Cyril is at the top of the online recruitment chart fairly often, so I'm guessing he's a pushover as well. I dunno about Cath but it's gonna be hard to resist fielding Shamir at every opportunity.

(that said Cath's recruitment dialogue is like "hey, you're kinda hot, I'm kinda hot, let's be hot together okay" so that rocks)

yo Blutie, assuming yer probably ahead of me by a bit, perhaps you can clear something up
Spoiler for White Clouds Chapter 6, around 9/7, the Flayn thing :
so the game tells me the current month will end when I go check on Jeritza? is it then worth leaving this until later in the month? feels like I'm leaving a lotta teaching and grinding on the table if I do this right now.

...I'm assuming of course that this event happens in all three house branches. :pac

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:33 pm

Are you male Byleth or female Byleth? I don't recall Catherine saying that, but that's cool. And as much as I like Shamir's design, I'm too attached to the house people that I already built, so I only really use her as an adjunct.

Regarding Shamir in combat:
Spoiler :
She's a pre-promote, too. Boo! I mean, I could down class her and build her back up, but again, attached to my class.
But you're right, it's easier to recruit teachers. I think you just need a rank C support. Give them their lost items when you have them and give them gifts. Haven't gotten Cyril, though.

Regarding your spoiler:
Spoiler :
I'm whipping through this shit so fast that I honestly don't remember if I waited there or not (I probably did, though, given how I like to max out shit as much as possible. Or, I wasn't paying attention and just forged ahead on accident XD). I'm in January now. But yeah, if you have the option, might as well wait. I just came across a decision recently that advanced the game when I wasn't done talking to everyone or using all my events, so I had to reset and talk to most of the monastery, fish, and go through my weapons all fucking over again. Word to the wise, save often in the monastery, especially before talking to your lord.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:52 pm

Spoiler :
Oh, there's a rare monster sighting a week later on my calendar, so yeah, I wanna do that, so I'm gonna wait. :pac
I'm totes a female Byleth. Which brings to mind a question I've had since her character model was first shown

is Byleth:

1) just super stacked
2) wearing way more chest armour than necessary

(none of the portrait art either here or in FEH get across just how weirdly busty her polygonal model is which is kinda funny)

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:09 pm

Yeah, I noticed that. Her side boob is *real*, man.

I also just reached the point where shit gets real plot-wise.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:43 pm

Giant Bomb continues to defy the meaning of the word "quick" with their 90-minute Quick Look of Three Houses, featuring Abby, Vinny, and Dan, pretty much exactly the team I'd want doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w457IwS_I70

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:02 pm

Well, I don't have the time tonight, but that sounds interesting.

I'm post-timeskip now, so that's cool. Only disappointed in one of my house's new portraits, actually (but their personality improved).

Also, don't sweat it about supports that won't rank up, despite spending time/gifts. Some supports are only available after the time skip, but it's clear to me that the points still add up and carry over, based on one of mine that I got. Also, some (with the faculty or other house recruits, in my case) were clearly meant to occur before the timeskip, given the context, but they still occur and have the updated sprites.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:22 pm

I'm mad at myself for pulling on the mythic banner. I said I wouldn't touch it, but then figured Marth or Sothis would be cool. I got pity broken by Eir after 50ish orbs since there was no red on that pull. I guess I'll raise her because 2 Eirs can apparently be beneficial in AR.

Then, instead of giving up, I spent 50ish more orbs, which was stupid, because in the back of my mind I was all, "I'll probably just get a duplicate fucking Byleth" and that's exactly what happened. That said, he's great fodder. I finally have distant counter fodder that I don't mind sacrificing (he's -atk, too). But the units I wanted to give DC to are mostly beasts and dragons, who can't inherit Ruptured Sky. I want to maximize efficiency and pass along both. Thinking of my +10 Raven for now, but also thinking I should hold on to him to see if next week's banner or CYL 3 units could use it better.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSaoEm5MgzM

Somehow this slipped by tonight. Events start tomorrow!? Wow, late announcement, but nice surprise. I miss daily maps <3

Yay for GHB revival. Wanted those for a while, but it's working differently than the last revival rotation (i.e. not as long).

21 daily summoning events. Seems like bait since a new banner and CYL 3 is coming, but at the very least, that's 21 free pulls!

5% hero fest banner for popular heroes. I have 3/4 of them, actually, but I might pull for Tiki.

The lost lore event sounds pretty awesome. I like the idea of using heroes relevant to each game, and the rewards and benefits look nice.

CYL3: Camilla actually looks really plain? Like, it's her normal outfit with a sash. She's got a staff, though, and usually the colorless CYL hero is the best. UGH. I was assuming Michiah would have the staff, since she's actually an archsage.

Eliwood looks good but he doesn't nothing for me as a character.

Michaiah has the outfit I expected. (Why does this game pronounce Daein (should be Day-enn) and Yune (Yoo-nay) differently than the actual game?) Now's she's got a green tome, so there's a Michaiah mage of every color now. Damn it, I really wanted her to be the healer. Oh well, still duel effect weapon.

Alm is dong armor, as predicted. But... doesn't seem to be actually armored? He's very similar to his vanilla version. I'll be going with Michaiah as planned for my free unit.

E2: (Where are you guys tonight?) Intern-kun fucked up and next month's legendary banner was leaked early. Was not expecting Julia. Some are excited that FE4 finally has its first alt, but again, she's not a lord or anything, so it's unexpected even if FE4 were in English or popular. But my big takeaway is that Soren STILL isn't in next month's banner and I'm getting annoyed. But it also means I can spend more and have one more month to save :/ At least next banner has 3 blue legendaries and mythics that I don't have, so I'm sniping blue anyway.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:30 am

Yeah Micaiah seems the most interesting of the group. Still salty about Anna not getting any alts when she had so many votes. The new legendary seems kinda meh too.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:48 am

Yeah, at least she has pair-up. I have the other 2 pair-up units mostly because I wanted it to help me in allegiance battles (I wanted Alm anyway and got lucky with Roy). Since I'm lacking all 3 of those blue units, I'm pulling until I get one anyway. If I get her, great, she'll be in my AB team. If I get one of the other two, they'll help me just about everywhere else.

This year's hero fest is already going better for me than last year's. I remember getting a duplicate Helbindi with my free pull last year, and zero luck with tickets or orbs, ending with zero orbs and a high pity rate. This year, 8 orbs beyond my free pull netted me a fallen Tiki. Used the one ticket and didn't get anything, but there are 4 more left. Gonna pull for fodder now that I have everyone (though with Tibarn, I use him a lot and would actually like to merge the -def out of him before foddering a copy for a his tier skill).

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:10 am

Got a dupe Surtr with my summoning ticket. Since he's already OP unmerged, who wants Steady Stance 4?

Beat the Black Eagle route just now. None of my units even had master classes unlocked yet... Gonna be more focused on my next runs.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:34 pm

Steady Stance 4 is +defense and guard right? Any tanky fliers or horses you use (Laegjarn, Silas, etc) are good recipients since they can't use breath skills and have pretty bad Res so don't really use distant counter.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:57 pm

Good tip, thanks! I don't use Silas or NY!Leagjarn enough to fodder something that good to them, though.

My Golden Deer run is going okay but I'm not as attached to the characters as I was for Black Eagles. Also, there's a Hubert-shaped hole in my heart. Sucks that he's locked to that route, but I also wouldn't admire him so much without his devotion.

E: https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status ... 0902608898

I am so fucking happy. Was not expecting Hubert to be added so soon. Figured the hot chicks like Dorothea would be added first. BYE ORBS!

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:37 pm

Gonna be pulling hard for Petra and Hilda for sure. Cool that Hilda has the axe I just found, and that Petra is a flyer, which is definitely a strong development option for her if not necessarily one I'll be taking on my first run through Three Houses.

My orbs are still kinda in the basement after that big first Three Houses banner - and I did eventually pull an Edel, so I got everyone but Dimitri and Sothis currently - so I guess I'll have to save everything I can scrounge up for Petra and Hilda and try to resist making any more random ill-advised pulls in the meantime.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:51 pm

I'm happy I quit while ahead with Edel now that I know Hubert is a thing. That said, I'd love to make them support each other someday. But I have both Byleths so if I get him, I'll make him support my female Byleth in the meantime since that's who I actually married him to for now.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:48 pm

Hubert and Petra both have interesting tactical skills, team adaptive damage looks like fun and at least with Petra I'd mostly have to do the math outside of battle building a team around her.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:59 am

My luck this morning is amazing. Got a free Mia finally on the daily revival banner. I was expected to spend orbs when her weekly revival came back, but now I don't. Also got *another* free Surtr with my ticket. Let's hope this luck doesn't dry up by Wednesday... But at least we have tickets, so 5 free pulls. I'm excited to see the Forging Bonds story with these characters, too.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:31 pm

Nice! I'm still not really sure when or where I'll spend my orbs, so I guess I'm saving for this upcoming 3H banner maybe.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:57 am

Got an(other) Ayra today with my free pull too. Here's hoping this recent free pull luck doesn't screw me over on the banner I actually care about tomorrow.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:05 pm

Two tickets got me Nailah (finally!) and Surtr, in a row.

...both with suboptimal or downright bad IVs of course, but I can't even remember the time I got a good IV so whatever

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:14 pm

Yay, glad we're having free pull/fodder luck, at least. Nailah's great fodder if her IVs are truly terrible. In my case, I think + or - HP tends to be my usual boon and bane, and that's generally a meh stat regardless. I kind of what to go through and tally up how many of my units are +/- HP.

Now that I have 3 Surtrs, I'm almost thinking instead of fodder (since I don't know who to fodder to) that I should just build them all up and make an extremely obnoxious AR defense team.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:07 am

I had good luck with that new banner. Hubert and Petra. I am having joy at this pull even if the IVs do not have goodness.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:00 am

Heh, same. Used up my free pull and tickets, and 77 orbs. Got a dupe Hardin, first Karla, -spd Hubert (boo, but I'll make it work) and +atk Petra.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:36 pm

Nothing with my free pull, and I'm waiting to get the tickets before I pull more. How are you liking their personifications in the forging bonds event?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:51 pm

John Layfield wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:07 am
I am having joy at this pull even if the IVs do not have goodness.
She's the best.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:41 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:36 pm
How are you liking their personifications in the forging bonds event?
Hubert seems a little off but maybe that's because I played Black Eagles first, which is the only route where you can actually get to know him, so from the perspective of other routes where he's always an outsider and not going to open up, he's probably fine. I haven't played Blue Lions yet but Mercedes really only talks about sweets... so yeah, this makes them a bit one-note (Petra mostly only talks about hunting). Pretty much what I expect out of this mode, though. I mostly play for the rewards and double SP/HM. Hilda seems to be the most accurately done.

Speaking of Petra, though, she's been a lot of fun to level due to her movement skills. She's definitely the prize of this banner. I don't think any other blue knife fliers exist yet, either.