[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:37 am

They will be in the regular pool, yeah. I'll still go for them if Lysithea or Dorothea are added, though. We'll have Forging Bonds tickets, too.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:52 pm

I wonder if there's a flowchart in a corner office somewhere at IntSys laying out the rough release schedule for 3H units in FEH.

Gotta figure Doro and Lys are at or near the top, probably with most of the other girls close behind, Felix and Dedue leading the guys, timeskip alts for all the above + the 3H characters already in FEH, then Cath and Shamir, Flayn and Seteth (both these pairs as individuals or duos)... I wonder if they'd straight-up introduce new characters as duos though.

folks like Jeralt, Gilbert, Cyril, the Shambhala goofballs, etc. will probably show up in Tempest/GHB instead of banners, assuming they show up at all. I could see Rhea maybe being a big mythic like Sothis but not right away.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:33 pm

They've been doing the insta-demote units for a while, but after the 2 3H banners we got, so it made me wonder who the 3H insta-demote units would be, assuming they'll stick to that pattern with every regular banner. Cyril was the first person I thought of. He scores low in terms of popularity and while anyone can be made good in that game, he's still far from the best. Gilbert would be another candidate for that, I think.

As for GHB, that's usually (though certainly not always) villains... but this is also a game where anyone can be a villain, depending on the route you choose, so who knows. But the first characters to come to mind are Thales and Solon (villains no matter what), and Cornelia. The latter has big tits so in FEH tradition, I expect her soon. Judith would also be an interesting TT or GHB unit.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:51 pm

Oh yeah, Judith. She and Rodrigue and any other not-outright-evil NPC lords of importance would be TT I think. I'd really like to see Judy in particular 'cause she's easily my favourite of those characters and I always wish she were playable. (c'mon Wave 4 DLC)

I wonder if they'll eventually pull Byleth alts straight from 3H or do seasonals. I dunno if they'd go any deeper than just Enlightened Byleth, unless the final DLC gives her a new plot-based unique class, but a banner with E!Byleth and timeskip Claude/Dimitri/Edelgard feels too obvious not to happen. I'll just go ahead and pencil that in sometime around 3H's first anniversary.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:55 pm

Yeah, not sure if we'd get something like that, or if they'd all be eventual legendaries (so, separate). Since we don't have a precedent for timeskip characters yet, who knows. There are still so many pre-timeskip characters to be added though so I think you're right that we're going to wait at least 1 year from the game's anniversary before seeing any of them.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:44 pm

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status ... 2792885248

Sharon?

I guess that's her Japanese name, but what a weird mistake for the official English page to make.

Anyway, I'm like right near the end of FE6, after beating FE5 last week, so I'm happy with my quick progress. Hopefully I'll beat it tomorrow. If not, definitely by the end of the weekend. I'm really enjoying it now that I got past the chapter I was stuck on during my last playthrough. That said, my current chapter has so many reinforcements that it feels cheap. Save states for the win.

Speaking of, some of you may have seen the tweet from Mike Matei (Angry Video Game Nerd's best friend/James and Mike Monday fame) about how he thinks that save states are cheating and that people who use them haven't "truly" beaten those games and in a way he's right but also, who the fuck cares? I want to see the story/plot. If I have to take save states to do so, who even knows but me? I like him normally but I think he's got a bad take there. There's no raisin to be elitist about a goddamn game.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:06 pm

Yeah, fuck that gatekeeping bullshit. It's one of the worst capital-g Gamer looks out there and isn't helping anyone, not even them, ultimately, considering how games history is a graveyard full of dead franchises that couldn't adapt for accessibility or outright refused to do so.

Folks, especially folks with a following, should be actively encouraging modernization and QoL and accessible design in damn near everything, including new ports of old games. There's nothing to gain by being an obstinate old-ass man about this, tut-tutting people on twitter for using save states on Ghouls & Ghosts or whatever, essentially taking 280 characters to say "git gud"

I mean christ games aren't niche entertainment anymore, everyone plays them regardless of their personal histories and skill levels, and most of us who play retro games especially are grown-ass adults. Any new tech that can help old games respect our damn time for once is kinda necessary 'cause holy shit a ton of them were never designed for that originally.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:27 am

Yay summoning tickets! Since the current banner's tickets are given out as daily log-in bonuses, I'm going to wait before going all out on it.

But on the older banners, I got all my tickets and scored a Kinshi Hinoka on the year II banner (first 5 star unit of 2020 is a pity breaker, of course, but she has great IVs) and an OG Lyn on the year I banner. Already had Lyn so that was easy Galeforce fodder.

Edit: Oh, and #TeamEdelgard of course. Cool Virion, I see you.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:55 am

Edelgard and Dimitri but no Claude? Typical Fodlan two-party system

I got a Hrid with my free pull on one of the reruns. Didn't have time last night/this morning to dive in much more, plus I also keep hitting the cap so I gotta go send more folks to the glue factory.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:52 pm

Got greedy and went in on the NY banner, managed to pull Anna (+ATK/-HP) after about 30 orbs. Gonna pace myself from now on. The last fight in this paralogue is real annoying, I light's blessing'd it to complete the quest.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:31 pm

Congrats on your Anna!

I just beat FE6, so this was quite a productive holiday season for me in that regard. I'm thinking of replaying 7 next. I don't think I ever beat it back in the day (I played it once on a real GBA as a teenager and emulated it a few years ago, but forgot where I left off). I figure it's a prequel to 6 and now that I know 6's story, it'll make more sense. Despite playing that game at least twice (possible 3 times), I could never seem to remember anything about the story or characters.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:04 am

Another month, another set of refines that doesn't include Leon. (Sigh).

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:16 pm

Yeah, sure would be nice to get our +10 boys some new toys.

The pulls for Anna does not go well, Enterprise. Attempts were broken by a Guyleth (good IV at least, guess he's my first 3H merge) and, funny enough, an Igrene, who I sniped for and missed on her debut banner not too long ago. Orbs gone, just tickets now. At least this is a long-ass 33-day banner, I'll keep throwing any new orbs at it until the universe relents.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:59 pm

Yeah, still waiting for my next 2 tickets before doing any serious pulling, but I've been pulling the other blues (I wan't the duo unit) in my summoning circles, so I've spent 12 orbs so far on nothing. I'm glad this banner is long, though.

I find it weird that the Tempest Trial "boss" so to speak is last year's NY!Fjorm. Usually newer units are used as TT bosses. Speaking of the TT, I tried to run beast emblem due to the bonus units, but since the 3 I have are all cavalry, the maps make their movement really annoying with all the trees. The first run I did also included a map where 2 enemies had cavalry effective weapons, and I had no efficient way of moving strategically without being in range. I've had to keep changing my team every round and I'm still not doing so hot in keeping team 1 alive for the entire 7 run this time around. Can we have W!Sothis as a bonus unit again?

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:31 pm

I'm going for an offensive build on Anna rather than her support role. Slaying Bow/Flashing Blade lets her Iceberg every combat with 37 Res which seems solid. Pushed her speed higher with Even Speed Wave and Swift Sparrow, she's been tanking a lot of mages, even blue ones.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:27 pm

Sounds good!

Used my last ticket today so finally went all out with orbs... 174ish orbs later I have nothing to show for it but a -atk pity breaker dupe Petra around the 90 orb mark. I have 99 orbs left and I don't want to deplete myself, so I'm going to build my stockpile back up before trying again.

This is just annoying because so far, all the characters I've pulled since the new year have been off-focus.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:32 pm

Got last year's NY!Camilla with a ticket. So despite never really using any of 'em, somehow I probably have all the Camillas.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:34 pm

Titty Emblem.

At least she's covered every color so far. I tried Takumi Emblem once but they're all colorless so that didn't end well.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:46 pm

Bier_Engel wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:34 pm
Titty Emblem.
Perhaps this is what I get for being such a Tharja cheerleader. The cup runneth over, and suddenly I've got spare Camillas everywhere.

Obviously the solution is more Tharja alts. Or Rhajat alts! Shit, why is the only Noire a summer seasonal?

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:57 am

Managed to get pity broken by Thea when pulling for the Askr duo, there's a part that stings a bit extra when you get pity broken by a unit that's commonly available at 4 stars. The hole in the top line of my Catalog of Heroes is getting to me though, so I'll keep going.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:34 pm

Oh geez, that's worse than my dupe Petra. Apologies.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:01 pm

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:15 pm

You beat me to it.

Gotta say, I'm quite underwhelmed. My issue with the second generation of the Genealogy characters is that they're almost carbon copies of their parents. Larcei isn't really any different than Ayra, Shannan is related to them both and also not much different (also, 2 red swords? Come on...) and Ced is so similar to Lewyn that it's just like... meh. Granted, I like all of those characters story-wise, but as FEH units, I don't care. I'll keep pulling for the Alfonse/Sherena duo.

Altena is kind of exciting because I know a lot of people wanted her, especially now that her brother has 2 alts, but she's underwhelming as a unit, it seems. (I never finished Genealogy but I don't think she's ever actually playable, so I guess they had little to work with).

Seems like Travant is the GHB (he basically kidnaps Altena as a kid and raises her as his own, and she doesn't find out her true parentage until later, from what I gather) and I see no evidence of an instant demote character this time around.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:26 pm

Yeah my immediate thought seeing Larcei was "that's just Arya again," like do the parents in these older games leave their clothes and armour to their children, or

this boobplate has been in my family for seven generations!

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:58 pm

There's also a son who is Larcei's twin and he's just... Shannan when he was younger. Designs left a lot to be desired back in the SNES era.