[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Fire Emblem] Nintendo Got Thirsty

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:31 pm

My favourites personality-wise so far have been the really cheerful ones, so Soleil and Serra. Soleil's firesweep sword is so good, especially if you give her hit and run or draw back and someone who can reposition or dance for her safety. Serra is lower in the tier list because she's not cavalry, but her unique weapon can absorb half the damage she does when she attacks so there are some cool regen/miracle builds that make her an offensive threat. "I'm here, lucky you!"

I put a team space aside for levelling up Anna/Sharena/Alphonse, I'm about to push them to 4 star when I have enough feathers. Still not sure who fits in there as a fourth though, do I got with a healer, a dancer, or a mage? The mage seems like the smart option because the three heroes don't really have much for dealing with physical walls.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:59 pm

How do you send gifts?

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:08 am

You mean the feather gifts to friends? If you tap on the stone monolith thing in the bottom left, one of the tabs there has a button to send to your friends.

Hopefully that's what you mean.

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:01 am

So, I just got Minerva, Nowi, and Brave Ike in the same pull. I think this game likes me.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:05 am

Wow, I *still* don't have a Minerva.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:19 am

Yeah, I don't see anything. I assumed it was the Greet button, but mine is never lit up.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:56 am

HunterF wrote:So, I just got Minerva, Nowi, and Brave Ike in the same pull. I think this game likes me.
Oh something I heard about that - the pity rate isn't immediately broken when you pull a 5 star, so if you manage to get a high pity rate and draw a 5-star, the rest of the orbs on that screen still have the high pity rate, it's only when you leave that draw of orbs that the rate resets.

What that means is that if you get a high rate and have the orbs, you should open all of the orbs in that draw because you're likely to get more 5 stars.

@TP yeah I noticed the greet button is greyed out, for some raisin it wasn't greyed out the other day for me, don't know why. Perhaps when you tap on the visiting hero at the bottom of your screen it counts as giving and receiving greetings.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:50 pm

Had to throw a lot of skills on Gerome, but I finally managed to beat Infernal Narcian. Come here, 4-star narcissist and 2000 feathers!

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:32 pm

Fuck, it's 20,000 feathers to get someone from 4* to 5*! I might need to put Hawkeye on the back burner...

Is the story worth paying attention to? It seems super basic, and I find myself zoning out to it.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:36 pm

Those Tap Battles are fun. The Bride and the last boss were a little tougher, due to the waves coming at steady timing, but the bosses coming on up beats, but not too bad. We'll see how Hard gets...

Edit: I keep getting too in to it, and my finger slips into not hitting the button. It hasn't caused me to lose yet, but I'm thinking it's a matter of time. ...uh, no pun intended. Alright, onto floor 61.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:59 pm

Yeah, I like the tap battles although I gather the majority of the FEH community is hella salty about them. I like their knock-off kinda-naff Theatrhythm goodness though

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:03 pm

Salty? Why?

Getting hectic...

Edit: Hard done. Still haven't died, but I came close several times.

I think I'll try Expert later. I just know Hard on Expert is going to be a bitch...

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:28 pm

It isn't "real" Fire Emblem Heroes and so sucks and it's unfair to ask players to play something that isn't core FEH for rewards, seems to be the jist.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:31 pm

So it's just this again

phpBB [video]

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:50 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:@TP yeah I noticed the greet button is greyed out, for some raisin it wasn't greyed out the other day for me, don't know why. Perhaps when you tap on the visiting hero at the bottom of your screen it counts as giving and receiving greetings.
This. I always just tap the visiting hero and it says I gave greetings to 5+ friends every day.

The tap battles are boring to me, honestly, but I do them anyway for the rewards. Not going to balk at practically free orbs.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:52 pm

John Layfield wrote:Had to throw a lot of skills on Gerome, but I finally managed to beat Infernal Narcian. Come here, 4-star narcissist and 2000 feathers!
How did your strategy go down? My Camilla is hella tanky now but I still struggle to keep everyone alive. I assume you bait Narcian down over the mountains since the rest of the units have to run all the way up and around.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:56 pm

Yeah, tanky Gerome with Seal Atk, Threaten Atk and Iote's Shield to tank pretty much everyone, with an Olivia-fueled healer running up and down to perform healing duties.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:05 pm

Just shot through a run of Expert/Normal. Some of it got a bit tricky, but it has me feeling like I can definitely do Expert/Hard. I did intentionally tap two different characters before a wave hit, to see if you can attack with two at once, in case things get spotty. You cannot.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:08 pm

Oh I have a question - what are arena medals used for? You gain them like a currency but I'm not sure what they are needed for.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:11 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:Oh I have a question - what are arena medals used for? You gain them like a currency but I'm not sure what they are needed for.
Refining weapons.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:28 am

Oh it's one of the things for that, righto.

Somehow I got Delthea with my free draw on this new banner. Wasn't planning to fish for anyone, so it's a nice surprise!

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:45 am

Finally beat Infernal F!Robin. It took a few stamina potions to find a strategy that worked with my characters.

Hoping to find a way to beat the Infernal GBH for those 4 orbs soon.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:13 am

Falcon Critical wrote:Somehow I got Delthea with my free draw on this new banner. Wasn't planning to fish for anyone, so it's a nice surprise!
Damn it, that's who I hoped for with mine. No dice.

And now there's gonna be an 8% banner and my orbs have all been spent wasted on the Spring banner... I want that female Fell Robin...

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:18 am

I'll probably drop 40 orbs or so on this one. All the focus characters would be pretty nice for me, not just Robin. Then I keep the remainder for Thracia, stock up on some more in between, and then if I get lucky on that banner, I can dump the rest on the spring festival's final days.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:42 am

You guys save up orbs? I spend them right at 20. Is there any benefit to waiting?

Why can't I merge certain characters? I have three Merrics and two of the yellow headband Archer girl now, and it seems a waste to just throw the extras away.