[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Fire Emblem] We Like Ike + Three Houses

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue May 29, 2018 7:51 pm

I need FEH hats for all my heroes!

Nothing super inspiring in this new banner for me, I could use a flying dancer so that Spring!Kagero can focus on her mage support role.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Fire Emblem] We Like Ike

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed May 30, 2018 4:06 am

Every time I try for Gunnthra I fail spectacularly.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed May 30, 2018 9:22 pm

You're going to hate me then, because I looked at the heroes on the legend banner and was mostly meh but figured I'd pull green on my free pull just in case NY!Azura... and BAM she was the free pull! She even has good IVs... I might have burned all my luck there.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:32 pm

There's a new voting gauntlet, what team is everyone on? I backed my girl Sharena, but we're pulling way smaller numbers than many of the others.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:59 pm

I haven't been playing much lately, but I'm backing Fjorm.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:03 pm

Anna. Everyone forgets about poor Anna.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:51 pm

Female Grima Robin here. Gotta rep my vilian fam.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:22 pm

Well shit, team Ike now that Robin lost.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:38 pm

Well now that Sharena has lost her third VG in the first round (ouch) I'm team Anna. Seeing a lot of Del's Bridal!Tharja which is very nice!

Ike is probably a shoe in overall, but you never know with multipliers the way they are.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:42 pm

Gunnthra finally came home, effectively ending my interest in the current legendary banner. I do want Ryoma, but since I have the other 2 red units and only the focus units are possible, I think I'll wait until the next time he comes around, and hopefully he'll be paired with people I don't have then.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:48 am

After being beaten by Alfonse a second time, I've given in and joined team Sharena's bro. These last minute multipliers are killer.

New banner and I'm not really invested, but I drew everything on the first pull anyway and got my first Mia (neutral IV). That's pretty cool but I don't know what to do with her.

Oh and apparently we're all getting the FEH accessory. Not sure if I want to perch them on the head of my cutest or uncutest fighter.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:01 am

Team Gunnthra now, since I just got her. Edit: I think this is the first time I've lost every round.

Definitely don't care about this current new banner either. I don't have Julia so I went for her on my free pull, but got another 5* Deirdre, who I already don't use because I have a million green mages, so merging seems pointless. Her unique weapon that hurts dragons isn't inheritable, though, so her B skill is the only one worth sac'ing her for. Since dragons are becoming more common threats, though, I wonder if I should merge her and invest in her more. Falchions are one thing, but she can get the more common blue dragons out of the way.

And the next round of new units: Underwhelmed. I thought Karla was Ayra... Legault is *¯\_(ツ)_/¯* and I already have both regular Nino and a flying green mage :/

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:47 pm

Legault's weapon which does extra damage for the buffed stats on an opponent is interesting but probably only going to matter to arena peeps. Not really inspired by any of the new fighters either.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:44 am

Chances are I'll just keep stockpiling orbs.
Bier_Engel wrote:I thought Karla was Ayra...
Heh, same. If she's got Arya's noodle arms then they may as well be sisters.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:32 pm

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:42 pm

Are accessories just ornamental or do they have stats? My app hasn't updated yet.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:25 pm

Purely ornamental, but they carry into battle and battle animations too!

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:10 am

Do they move in battle? I haven't assigned Feh, because it doesn't look good on any one I use regularly.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:42 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:Purely ornamental, but they carry into battle and battle animations too!
Also there's a few more available immediately as quest rewards. The shell clip looks really good on my Rhajat.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:11 pm

Ugh, my luck on pulls today. Lots of red when going for Bride Tharja again after getting all those new story orbs, but got all 3-star garbage.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:11 pm

I put the bunny ears on Zelgius and it's amazing.
Spoiler :

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:50 pm

Rebecca is so disgusted, she can't even look at him.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:53 pm

Ha! Haven't earned that one yet (close) so I'm not sure who I'll put it on but the idea of putting it on a serious person is very tempting.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:28 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:There was a new Fire Emblem announced though, that's sweet.
Alriiiiiight so let's jump right into this 'cause it's probably gonna end up selling me a Switch.

phpBB [video]

"Three Houses" (killing both those fake leaks and rumours from earlier, one of which was just a straight-up Awakening sequel) makes me wonder if they're pulling another Fates and writing another three branching paths with possible DLC hooks.

I was kinda half-kidding about this game using elements of the Warriors graphics tech but it kinda does look like that, doesn't it? The UI isn't too far off either. Regardless, all the character art and models look really nice. Clean? Clean. Dare I say smooth. As far as anime design goes the Fire Emblem style works far better for me than everything Xenoblade is doing and the tech backs it all up nicely.

Looks like there's some good ol' classic JRPG runnin' around gameplay in here, following on from Echoes I guess.

Battle stuff seems to have a lot more going on, probably thanks to the power jump from the 3DS to the Switch. Hero characters leading small groups of troops in the field and in combat screens feels more Suikoden than what I've seen of older FE games. Looks like there's more camera angle stuff happening, too. More dynamism in how everything moves and in the information on-screen. I think. I'll leave the legit analysis to y'all who've actually played real FE games. :pacdown

Early 2019 makes more sense than the late-ish 2018 target date they originally mentioned. I wonder how quickly the FEH team will cave and start adding Three Houses units. :pac

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Delthazar » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:08 pm

Character art! Three protagonists! One for each house I guess!

Oh man if they're pulling a Trinity Sight then I'm even more onboard.

e: hahaha I just realized they're colour-coded kinda like the feuding houses in Dune. I'm all-in on Fire Emblem X Dune. Get that spice flowing.