[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:05 am

The second dancer banner is back and I just want to say that Michaiah is totally worth pulling, even a year later.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:50 pm

Alright, Ignatz has finally grown on me. He's like the Donnell of the game, and now I got his B support with my Guyleth. Let. Him. Paint.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:34 am

I decided to go all in on the 3H banner... got Hubert, Hilda, and a surprise Myrrh! First flying dragon :pac

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:29 am

I've been tempted to pull for Hilda... is she good?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:14 am

I pulled a Hilda! So I'll be able to answer that question eventually once I figure out what to do with her.

But considering how she is in Three Houses If she's anything less than a destroyer of worlds in Heroes I'll be a little disappointed.

e: since Three Houses no longer abides by the weapon triangle while Heroes still uses it I guess the most logical approach would be to emphasize her existing anti-lance strengths, hopefully she's still also anti-armour though

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:58 pm

I caved before reading this and spent about 60 orbs on her, and already leveled her. Mine's -spd but still have high spd at 37... and she wrecked shit when I leveled her with 3 dancers. Cool weapon. Glad I pulled her.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:11 pm

Yeah I'm enjoying Hilda, there's certainly more to think about running a team with Hilda and Hubert. Hilda seems to be the kind of fighter you want to charge forward and slam someone, then pull them back behind a tank to use the defensive part of her weapon. I levelled the two of them with Lukas, since I've had trouble taking him down before I figured I should make my own. Thinking about it he's quite similar to Nephenee, a physical wall but completely allergic to magic.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:01 pm

I pulled a vanilla Michaiah today finally. Only took 113 orbs and 2 off-color pity breakers in the process :suicide

But now I can have the holy trinity when CYL starts, so that's cool.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:29 am

Beat the Death Knight GHB without a guide, which always feels nice. Turns out the strategy was throwing Panne forward and getting up in DK's face, and letting her clean house lol.

Also hoped for Ayra from her banner, got Idunn instead so I'm stoked! Dragons are just popping out of the woodwork for me recently, maybe I should pull on some colourless to finally get F!Grima...

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:15 am

I got two spare Ayras as pity breakers recently, and her best skills are exclusive to her, so I just merged her. But it was annoying because the most recent one was when I was pulling for (blue) Michaiah, so those wrong color/wrong banner pity breakers just feel like a joke. Nice on Idunn, though!

F!Grima is exclusive to the legendary banners so don't pull on regular ones expecting her.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:00 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27i7dXdoX3I

Time for their full list of skills. Camilla actually seems good, and she's in a niche movement/weapon situation, but I'm not going to pull for her on purpose this round, though. The colorless unit seems to be the FTP favorite based on the last 2 years, though, so we'll see the guides use.

Eliwood is better than I expected as well. Odd that he's using a lance with one of his potential wive's names which is also effective against her...

Michaiah... nice! Loving the unique B skill. Still choosing her, as expected.

Alm has 2 new skills but he's an infantry sword... just like his vanilla version. Not going to go out of my way.

So, since CYL units come back a lot, I'm going to get my free Michaiah and skip, since I'm below 300 orbs right now and I want to pull on the mythic later. These units will be back in mythic/leg banners and on Golden Week ticket banners like all the others have. (Plus, aren't they in the normal pool later, too?)

Free TT unit is Sigrun. It *is* and odd choice, and some people seem mad, or that "she has nothing to do with the banner." Michaiah ultimately won, so it's no surprise to me that the free unit would be someone from Tellius, and why so many Tellius units are bonus heroes (pulled another Sanaki from that banner as a free pull... wanted Ike. Grr).

So, who are you guys pulling?

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:39 am

Yeah Micaiah seems the most interesting of those units, am interested in who phoenixmaster1 chooses since he may potentially use them in his solutions. Micaiah's skills do imply she may be pretty slow, but is going to have a ton of res for her B skill and dual effectiveness means you probably one shot a lot of targets.

Camilla as an offensive healer is ... okay I guess. I feel like Loki does it better with her weapon locking down movement without attacking. I also have Witchy!Mia for the flying heals.

Eliwood looks like he's going to be a lot like LA!Eliwood statwise, all these beast effective weapons are starting to mess with my Panne tanking strats :pac

Alm is going to hit hard, his A slot assuming he has a solid 50 attack will add 12 damage to every hit... but looks like he's going to be as slow as normal Alm and has a bunch of situational conditions to get the most out of him.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:01 am

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:16 am

Well, it's worth it. I think I'm over 90 hours in and I'm about to beat Claude's route, then I have 2 more to go... and then I want to do another BE run after that, for a refresher on Edelgard's perspective, and also because of the NG+ benefits, and me actually knowing what I'm doing with my favorite part of the cast. So yeah, that'll be another 90 hours at least. Well worth the money buying this game new, if you know you'll put the time in.

Definitely going to buy the DLC when it comes out in October, too. For once it doesn't feel like a rip-off when there's already so much content.

Got my free Michaiah and there's a normal free pull beyond that, but apparently you can switch it around and do the normal free pull first? I don't know how, but people have done it and gotten other units first, before making their free selection. Wish I'd have known. I got nothing with my free pull, though.

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:52 am

Grabbed Camilla, obvs. She replaced Spring Camilla on my Camilla team. Probably do some pulls on the banner later for other units, but I'm happy.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:12 am

The paralogue quests were annoying this time, with multiple effectiveness types, buff cancelling and a healer to stop my clown girl shenanigans. Eventually just lights blessing'd the third stage quest :pac

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:06 am

Yeah, I abuse lights blessings on those because there's really no other mode where you can use them, so might as well.

E: I was just thinking about the possible Halloween banner for this year and if Camilla can get so many alts in a short time, and Sigrun got a normal version right after an alt, how about... post time-skip Halloween Hubert. PLEASE.

I don't know what I'm going to do this year because I still want 2 year one units and 3 year two units, and I'm sure the latest run will be great.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:21 pm

Halloween Hubert would be perfect 'cause everyday is Halloween for him. I'll also continue to carry the torch for Anna. Give her Mercy's Halloween witch skin from Overwatch.

...feels wild that August is already mostly over and Halloween stuff is already coming up. 'course there's stores around here already selling Christmas junk, so I don't know why I'm surprised.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:16 pm

Granted I don't know a lot about FE characters outside of heroes, but Hubert seems the best fit for a halloween banner since Henry. I continue to also hope we'll see Anna. Maybe 2020 will be nothing but Anna alts.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:27 pm

how do I mod Fire Emblem so a Wumpscut song or something plays whenever Hubert's on screen

e: lol "Christfuck"

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:54 pm

LOL, I wish that were possible, Del.

And yeah, gimme vampire Hubert, stat.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:18 am

aww yiss pulled a Petra! +Spd! I'm phone posting so just imagine the Robert Redford nodding gif here, that's what I'm doing

Guess I'll go back to stockpiling orbs until Halloween.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:36 pm

Man, I was having a ton of fun with arenas earlier. This season rocks since I have enough bonus units to make a balanced team. Hubert, Petra, Hilda and L!Azura work pretty well together. Haven't lost a match yet and I actually scored between rank 1-1000 for my tier at the time.

Has anyone upgraded their Death Knight? Worth it?

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:10 pm

Not I, I just threw stones at L!Micaiah to take her straight to 40, and she's been doing good work since.. but yeah I haven't put anything into DK or Fiora.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:22 pm

I don't think Fiora or L!Michaiah are in this arena bonus pool, though (the TT bonus pool is different). L!Michaiah is still worth investing in for a lot of raisins. Not regretting my decision there at all.