[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Delthazar » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:50 pm

also I got dumb with my feather stock and dropped like 62k to 5* and merge all three Pannes. so she'll be another big project once she gets added to the grail store.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:27 pm

Panne is pretty good, so that's a great grail choice. My thing is that the FTP guides use some of those characters, and I've already fucked myself over once by merging Aversa, so I'm wary. I merged my Gharnef after a while since he was never used in a guide and I figured that was safe, but he's also not really good enough to +10. Linus is another good choice but Raven is so similar and basically cheaper, and I think my Raven is +6 already. Got my Leon to +9 today, too.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:55 pm

I just noticed poking around the Steam Workshop for Tabletop Simulator that someone added all the Fire Emblem Cipher stuff. I know next to nothing about Cipher other than some of the card art is cool? CCGs aren't usually my thing so I have no clue how it plays.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:06 pm

Oh, interesting. I heard Cipher was Japanese-only, so are these cards fan translated on the simulator at all? I like the artwork.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:19 pm

Yep, there's a fan translation team on it. Here's the deets if yer curious.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1621028166

I've barely done more than poke at Tabletop Simulator since either it's multiplayer-only or I'm too old and busted to figure out how to turn on CPU opponents for anything. :pacdown

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:38 pm

Sweet, I'll have to check that out when I have more time. I'm not one for multi-player but if a CPU mode exists, I'm all for it. And if not, I'd love to just look at the English translations of the cards anyway.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:15 pm

https://twitter.com/FEHeroes_News/statu ... 8231011329

Yune!!! I beat the Tellius games at the right time, holy shit! I am excited!

Green: Yune (WANT!), Lewyn (want!), Halloween!Kagero (want)
Colorless: Bow!Lyn (Have), Halloween!Mia (want), Eir (have)
Red: Leg!Ryoma (have), CYL!Celica (want), Halloween!Myrrh (WANT!)
Blue: Leg!Lucina (have), Ophelia (have), Leg!Azura (have)

All in all, great banner with great options. I need all the greens so I know what I'm sniping, with red as my back-up. Yay for saving the amount of orbs I did...

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:01 pm

I'll probably toss some orbs at it for Lucina and Celica at least.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:05 pm

Yeah, honestly, there isn't a single stinker unit on this banner. I am only discounting colorless because I have Hot Springs Sakura as a flying healer already, and blue because I have everyone. Lucina, in my experience, is worth getting, so good luck!

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:43 am

Well, I WAS excited about this banner, but I basically spent all of my 175 orbs and got nothing. NOTHING. My draw rate for 5* is like over 12% now. This is bullshit.

Edit: I caved and actually spent money on this damn game. Just that $3.99 Black Knight starter pack thing, since it came with 12 orbs. And, as if rewarding me for spending money, I managed to pull Kagero and Lewyn back to back. I still want Yune and Myrrh, though, so any FTP orbs that trickle in until this banner is over will still be thrown at this damn thing.

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:43 am

Got Yune, Eir, Ryoma, and Surter. *styles all over your faces*

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:38 am

I need some advice. My Lewyn yesterday is -Atk and +def, which are the worst IVs for a mage. He still leveled very easily and is quite powerful, though. But I got another Lewyn today, and this one is +spd, -res. Should I just do a simple merge to remove my first Leywn's atk bane, or should I merge that one into this new one to keep the +spd boon? I'd have to level him all over again, though, including the weapon refine that I spent stones on.

Edit: Alternatively, don't bother merging, raise the new one, and fodder off my old one for special spiral? I hear it's great on Ophelia.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:23 am

You don't need to re-refine the weapon, that transfers along with learned skills when you merge into the fresh version. I was hunting for another Lewyn for that special spiral though, trying out Ophelia with it and her AOE special seems really good.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:11 pm

Turns out I got my wires crossed and his weapon isn't refineable anyway- but I refined the weapons of the 2 people I leveled him with so I assumed I did. So if I merge my level 40 version into the level one version, he'll have all his skills?

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:34 am

Oh hey, they did a Feh-pril Fools thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpRWwtr05yQ

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:52 am

Since you get a shiny orb hat for logging in today, I figured I might as well. Figured I may as well do the free pulls on whatever banners were up, and noticed one of them had Spring!Sharena so I figured wth I'll drop all my 40 orbs on it.... and wowzers!

One is +ATK which is better than my +HP so merged em into a SuperBun!Sharena (+3). I'm happy with that. Panne gets to wear the orb hat for Feh+Orb team solidarity.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:48 am

Yeah, opened the app first thing when I woke up and saw that video. "For Xander!" killed me.

Not sure what to do with the orb accessory... give it to one of my free pulled units for luck, or give it to a unit that took me way too many orbs to get out of spite.

Edit: Is it just me, or are there fewer orbs as rewards for the voting gauntlet quests now too? Or were there always only 4? Hard to tell with all the other changes.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:32 pm

I've only done one round of this new-style Gauntlet so far 'cause I kinda don't care about any of the characters in it, but I suppose if they've reworked it to kinda use a similar stamina system to Grand Conquests then it's probably gonna turn into a thing I only do once daily when I have full charges.

I'm seein' double over here! Four Sharenas! They knew you took a break and this is how they get you back. So far I've only pulled a single Myrrh from that banner, but I've been respecting my 200-orb floor and never dipping into it.

...I'd drop into that floor for a Feh if it were real. I should look around for plushies, too.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:50 pm

I want Myrrh so bad... *cries* Sniped for her with the 20 orbs I got today from monthly quests and arenas and still no luck.

I like the new VG system since I don't feel like I have to sneak on my phone every half hour at work, so that's a plus. Team Idunn here, and she's been consistently in the lead since the system doesn't do huge multipliers only for the losing team now.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:58 pm

Team Idunn here too

I hope she's the only character with heterochromia in Fire Emblem 'cause whenever I see that my immediate kneejerk thought is always a million bad fanfic characters and "OC do not steal"

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:03 pm

Ranulf has it too, and people really want him in the game now that beasts are a thing, so you'll probably see him sometime this year... head's up.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:30 pm

Idunn, as well, just on a whim.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:04 pm

I believe Yuna in FFX was my first exposure to heterochromia, I thought they'd made it up for that character.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:10 pm

...whoa, somehow I never noticed that about Yuna. I guess in her case it was far more subtle most of the time, it's kinda only visible in like a third of the screenshots I'm seeing on Google.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:19 pm

Oh, yeah, I think Yuna was my first exposure with it in general (like it made me aware of the term/condition itself) but the game never pointed it out, in her case, if I recall.