[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:50 pm

I've been dropping every orb I get trying to get my bunny boy, I did get Kaden which is nice, but I'm gonna keep trying while the banner is up.

The main raisin I use drag back on firesweepers is that since they can't counter you don't especially want them getting hit. Even if they kill a unit, normally they remain within range of other enemies, but if you combine that drag back with a tanky unit using reposition, you can pull the sweeper out of range of most threats which leaves them healthy for next round.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:24 pm

So there's an FE Heroes rip-off game and it's hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7nEJAzAf1Y

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:28 am

So I got all the rewards in Rooker Sieges and I didn't even do the quests to get all the extra axe stamina, and I still have axes left from the mode itself. I didn't even play it on the hardest mode. So yeah, guess they're gonna have to restructure the scoring. I'm like, rank 9 and could use my remaining axes to go higher, but it doesn't seem like there are end rewards based on rank, so why bother?

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:35 pm

I did find that Noontime is hilarious in this mode, since you're hitting for like 3k damage each Noontime drain is like 1000hp which easily negates anyone hitting you or the boss aoes.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:39 pm

I haven't tried the new mode yet but I've seen some folks mention that Absorb+ staff users make it a breeze.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHero ... unt_of_hp/

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:55 pm

Apparently I need to turn on my battle animations for this because I've seen some hilarious ones.

Also, this didn't take long:

DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Post by DHerder222 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:32 pm

For a split second after seeing that image I thought it was Luc and Flik.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:09 pm

^ I see Luc and Flik on my Twitter sometimes and think they're Soren and Ike, so yeah, there's something to that.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:10 am

Soren and Ike are totally the This Ain't Genso Suikoden XXX adult parody stand-ins for Luc and Flik.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:18 pm

So a bunch of us on Twitter are wondering where the new trailer is, but someone pointed out that there was an earthquake in Japan today and now a tsunami warning. Shit. I hope the earthquake and possible tsunami aren't devastating to the people and the region. But it's also sad that I only even heard about this because a game trailer was late.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:39 pm

Fire Emblem Warriors is 22 bones on Amazon right now if yer looking for more Fire Emblem-y things to do with your Switch. I for one would probably never buy it full price, but in the 20-range it's just low enough to trigger my curiosity impulse.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:53 pm

Same, I planned on it being my pack-in game with the Switch, so to speak, but my backlog is so high that I think 3H will end up being my first game instead. Still don't know exactly when I'll pull the trigger on that console yet.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:12 pm

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 7347208192

The units were already leaked earlier, but here's the trailer.

No surprises here. Another AR only skill for Gunnthra. Not interested.

I like Laevatein but not enough to pull for this variant.

Helbindi has another arena exclusive skill I don't care about.

Laegjarn is awesome but not unique enough for me to pull for.

Ylgr is the free unit. I still question the use of children on these fan-service-y banners but at least her swimsuit isn't skimpy or gross.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:35 pm

Nothing super inspiring me, I like Laevateinn's spell attack animation and Helbendi with the spade and bucket is very Halloween!Dorcas.

As much as I like Laegjarn, I think if I pulled her I'd just vore her for Swift Sparrow 3.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:10 am

Wow, this banner lasts 50 days. That's the longest of any that I can recall. They must really want people to say "fuck it" and pull throughout the summer.

Personally, I'd say wait for the banner with Summer Michaiah to come back and pull for her if you don't already have her.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:35 pm

Oh right, I remember on reddit there was a bunch of people excited about R Duel Infantry on this new banner because it'll let them use Summer!Micaiah for scoring in arena.

I'm still trying to get my bunny boy.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:31 am

Baby Soren has a cipher card, and the Ike/Soren bound hero battle is back in FEH. It's a great day to love those nerds.

Also, this is nitpicky, but the battle specifically says it's POR Ike and Soren, and it's using the young Ike alt, and I recognize the map from POR that FEH is referencing, but the background music is from Radiant Dawn instead. (However, it's one of my favorites, and it's called 'Eternal BOND' so maybe that's why they used it for the bound hero battle. Also, Ike and Soren are totally straight XD).

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:36 am

Bier_Engel wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:10 am
Wow, this banner lasts 50 days. That's the longest of any that I can recall. They must really want people to say "fuck it" and pull throughout the summer.
I dropped about 70 orbs on it last night and got squat. Back at my 400 floor, so I'll let that build up again for a while 'til I pull more.

But 50 days will rub up against the Three Houses launch and probable FEH tie-in banner so that's ultimately where my stockpile is going.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:06 am

Yeah, I'm in the 330s for now and hoping I don't have to blow them all for Soren since gameplay-wise, he's not the best unit. Saving the rest for the 3 Houses banner as well.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:25 pm

And I'm an idiot. It was brought to my attention (not personally) on the Gamefaqs forums that the Hot Springs banner came after the New Years one. I assumed the Hot Springs banner was a normal one and not a seasonal, which was why I expected the Valentines one this month. I seem to be wrong. So, no Soren for me next week. Also, not interested in those particular seasonal units.

Now I'm just mad not only that I have to wait another month, but that my Soren will have to compete with the likely 3 Houses banner at the same time. Maybe I'll have another 200 orbs by then, though.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:29 pm

Still waiting for an Anna alt. :ghost :pacghost

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:10 am

Pulled a Julia on this random chill skill banner, which is nice I guess, since when she's in focus, she tends to share the color with her mother, and I've pulled Dierdre without trying like 4 times. I'll probably never use her once I level her, but I'll take the 2 dragonflowers, I guess.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:32 pm

I pulled a dupe Lewyn in my quest for bunny son. At this point I'm gonna give up and maybe start saving orbs.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:16 pm

At least you got Special Spiral fodder. Julia literally doesn't have crap. She had her own weapon refine, but was recently given Deirdre's weapon too, so they're practically the same except Deirdre comes with better vanilla skills.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:05 pm

The other night on the 50-day summer banner I pulled a dupe Hardin, a Shiro, and a F!Morgan 5*, all in a row. So a pity-breaker and two randos I guess. Super weird luck.

Even at +1 I'll still probably never use Hardin. Can't remember Shiro ever even existing. Nice to finally have a F!Morgan though after pulling several male versions since those two were added.