[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Delthazar » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:43 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:44 pm
That music seems real incongruous, FEH got metal :pac

Story seems like at least Sharena but potentially everyone except Alfonse dies and then Alfonse goes to Helheim to try to get them back. A free flier unit seems fun, but Mythic Heroes seperate from Legendary Heroes... I don't really see the point. More banners I guess :pacdown

Beast units seem cool?
Heh, there was some pretty solid FEH metal in those old Warriors maps, I guess brought in from Fire Emblem Warriors itself, but it certainly wasn't this, uh, vocal, though. :pac I feel like they called in whoever did Aleister Black's NXT entrance theme for this.

I'm a little out of the FEH loop but I'm guessing Mythics are another lateral expansion-y thing meant to keep 6* units from ever happening 🤔

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:46 pm

Yeah it seems that Mythics might be Legendaries but boost Aether Raids not Arena or something weird. I hope this means the gardens are going to tone down, because needing to have 3 full teams of each of 8 elements is waaaaaaaay more than the team slots we have.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:56 pm

Eir looks awesome. Fuck yes, I'm ready for this!

More blessings is going to be a pain in the ass, though. Most of my good characters are already sorted through the 4 existing elements, so I won't know who to give the new blessings to (aside from new summons) without pulling good units out of another element.

The Hero Fest has all units that I need/want, so that's nice. Summoning tickets are also a plus.

Woot, beast units. That'll finally shut people up. I didn't play Radiant Dawn so I don't know of these upcoming ones, but I'm excited for future possibilities.

Edit: Just beat the easy mode of the new chapters for the story. Man, Alphonse/Sherena's dad is a dick. Like, I get where he's coming from with his coldness to Alphonse because he's trying to make him a strong king, even if I disagree with his methods, but he won't even let Sherena *speak*?!?
Last edited by Bier_Engel on Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:25 pm

Sharena's excited, and I am too! I'll totally replace the rest of her team with bunnies!

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:27 pm

Oh nice, did they actually change her lines because of the upcoming beast units, or is that old?

And... what's your opinion of Sherena and her father's relationship based on this new chapter?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:28 pm

I'm imagining there being animals the other characters can ride around like the dinosaurs from Bomberman and I'll no doubt be kinda bummed when that turns out not to be the case

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:54 pm

She's had that line since she came out at Easter. Was kind of just taunting beast unit lovers till now though.

Haven't played the new chapter yet, will get home soon to try it out.

Thought this was pretty amusing, given the Hel music:

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:57 pm

Leveling Eir now and I'm loving her skills. Her B skill negates units like Ylgr who have skills that target the lesser of def/res when attacking (among other units I'm guessing, but she's the first to come to mind since I use her) and also restores 2 HP to her each turn, which is nice, since her weapon basically has fury on it. Her C skill legit just restores 10 HP to the unit that's been damaged the most each turn (but not herself), regardless of range or anything. Makes it easier to not have a dedicated healer around if you play your cards right.

Edit: Lol at the Aggretsuko Feh.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:58 pm

So glad Aggretsuko got renewed.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:21 pm

I love my new free goth girl so much that she's already level 40. I just need to give her an inherited support skill and she'll be set.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:54 am

I pushed Eir up to 40 also, alongside Loki who I had sitting around at level 20-something. I do really enjoy her kit, and would be keen to start merging her but was immediately aware that F2P solutions to difficult maps are very much going to use her since she seems really strong.

Daddy Askr seems like a dick. "Alfonse your duty is to all our people, which means somehow that I disapprove of you saving some of us, you're a loose cannon Alfonse! Also Sharena you don't get to talk."

Wow. He can't die fast enough.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:23 am

I was wondering where those "beat chapter x with unit of this weapon type on the team" quests were. Guess we just had to wait a day. Knocked those out. Tried my luck with the new banner and got a Helbindi with my free pull. I already have him, so I might fodder off that green arena skill to someone else. Did a run with my ticket and orbs afterward, and got nothing from the actual banner.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:59 am

I fully believe they only introduced Alf and Sharena's parents so they can die dramatically at the end of this book. (And then come back in a banner eventually.)

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:33 am

It is a little odd to me that their Dad basically looks like older/beardy Alfonse and their Mum is an older Sharena. Sure it works out that way sometimes, but I was expecting more of a mix of the kids in the parents.

I did the new chapters on the hardest difficulty first, it's nice that you can follow the story that way now instead of the pushover basic difficulty... though I got to the end of chapter 2 and was like "so where's Eir?" and found you get her specifically by beating the end of chapter 1 on easy. I was a little confused for a moment.

The new weapon refines are interesting; Robins get +4 quad-tactics, Navarre gets -2 cooldown at start of battle, Whitewing sisters get +4 to all stats and guaranteed doubles if they have two flying allies nearby.

None of them are like "wowow I've gotta do this now", but I can see gimmicky Navarre builds with special spiral giving him always an charged special but nothing world-changing.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:19 pm

I've been theorising a team for Eir, current plans are:

Eir - self/team sustain, debuffs, anti-staff and dragon
Loki - movement restrictions on in-line ranged units with less than 47 hp, odd attack wave, healing, razzle/dazzle
Aversa - spectrum -3 stats +panic ploy on enemy adjacent units with less than 47 hp*, odd res wave
Fallen!Celica - respec into a physical tank, potentially heals back to 100% for Beloved Zofia from Eir's C slot
* My Aversa and Loki both happen to have 50 hp

It's a pretty edgy team, which thematically appeals to me. I considered Laegjarn for the physical tank, but she's already in another team and still kind of hoping/waiting for F!Grima to come pair with her. IF I do ever get F!Grima then a flying team of Eir/Aversa/Laegjarn/Grima could be a lot of fun.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:07 pm

START YOUR SPECULATIN'

https://twitter.com/FEHeroes_News/statu ... 2935356417

I don't know what the hell I'm lookin' at, may as well be two bears high-fiving

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:11 pm

Yeah, wtf? I don't see anything resembling a human. And the beast units come out in January, so... I got nothin'.

Best I can think of is that the figure on the right is a woman with some sort of cape flying up. That could be... anyone.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:39 pm

I'm hoping for Bongo Cat, the only good meme of 2018 other than Gritty.

Actually, if we could get Bongo Cat and Gritty, that would obviously be ideal.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:31 am

Could it be some sort of dancer? With the top bit being her hair, and the... um, cloud/alligator bits being pompoms?

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:54 pm

I don't know, like I see the end of a staff and if you follow that down it kinda looks like someone dabbing.. but that's all I've got :pac

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:28 pm

Dude; it's a fucking ink blot test!

Edit: Wait, wait!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxmX3Z82U9Q

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:16 pm

So it's Fae, Eirika, and Ephraim. Kind of disappointed only because Eirika and Ephraim have legendary alts already, among others, but I'm also glad it's not more Awakening/Fates alts. I don't know how much I'll actually care to try for any of these units, though.

And then we get Cecilia as our free TT unit. She's a knife thrower... eh. We just got Eir, and I don't like knives for the most part, so I can't imagine I'd use this Cecilia much.

Edit: Sorry for never linking videos but with tweets I can't figure out how... Follow FE Heroes News on Twitter.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:35 pm

The one I'm most interested in mechanically is Eirika, since she gives ATK+6 / DEF+4 / RES+4 to the fighter with the highest attack, potentially you could make a team where everyone has equivalent attack and get those buffs across the team without a proximity requirement. That's a pretty niche use though, so maybe I'll save my orbs for some of last year's Christmas units since I wasn't here for them.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:09 pm

Also still no Anna alts.

I wondered if they might do a Nifl Christmas banner, but I guess we're out of Book 2 now so they're prob not getting any alts.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:45 pm

I was also thinking of going for last year's Christmas units instead. Christmas Tharja is still one of the best units for arena and I see people using her all the time. She'd be my first ranged armored unit, too, which will help me significantly with armor emblem quests.

And keep in mind that a new New Year banner won't be far behind. If that one's a stinker, I still want the old New Year Azura.