[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Nintendo Got Thirsty

Post by True Perception » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:10 am

I have a self-hating Ike, apparently.

Edit: Even when I try to avoid it. I had Lyn shoot down a Legend Ike, because no one else could reach him, and that shits dangerous. Didn't realize the axe wielder on the other end of the field was also an Ike, and he went straight for my Ike. Rest in peace Axe Ike...

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:37 am

Linde is adorable! I need one.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:56 am

YES!!!

Edit: Now, where to put her...

Fuck it! Proto-Sabin kind of sucks, so I'm gonna role Archer, Sword, Spear, Ninja.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:27 pm

Delthazar wrote:Oh yeah, pulled a Nephanee with my free summon on the current banner, so that's cool since she's eluded me all this time. +Atk/-HP too, which sounds like the ideal IV according to the gamespress wiki. Ballin'.
Nephenee is great, Moonbow with Wrath means every second attack is an ability. She also has really nice defense and can ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ off most physical hits making her good for baiting. Keep her away from mages though, she can't stand up to a stiff magical breeze.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:41 pm

I'm tempted to try for Sharena, now...

Edit: Eh, Catria will be easier, and Falc is already rocking Sharena. Decisions, decisions. For now, I'll just jam through some story missions to build up orbs.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:52 pm

Glad you guys like my Nowi! I was tempted to change my support character to the male Grima!Robin since I've been using him more lately, but if people are liking my Nowi, I'll leave her be. I have 300 characters in my "base," too, and I've been running out of people that I care about giving random skills to, so I might +1 Nowi a bit more by upgrading and merging some of the 4-star ones I have.

I don't think I've seen your Sharena at all yet though, sadly enough.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:13 pm

I hope my Mia is out there nailing fools to the effin' wall

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:43 pm

I really don't understand these algorithms, because I haven't gotten your Mia yet either.

But I do also have the max amount of friends, so maybe it's just a probability thing, if you guys don't have as many.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:06 pm

I usually end up getting Falc's Sharena, but sometimes I'll get another Lyn (Hunter?). I only have you guys. I always reject randos.

You know you can increase your max number of units, right? It costs orbs, though. I've fully upgraded my base, but haven't touched the barracks, since I only have, like, sixty something units.

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:14 pm

The other Lyn was probably me, though I've switched to Elincia now. Doing my best to build her to be good.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:20 pm

I think I've seen Elincia, too. Or maybe, that was on the enemy side? I don't remember.

So, the first position of the first team is who you guys see, right? Or is it just the Summoner Support unit? I switched Bunny Kagero to the primary position so she's standing at the top of the steps.

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:24 pm

Yeah, pretty sure it's Team 1, slot 1.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:39 pm

True Perception wrote:You know you can increase your max number of units, right? It costs orbs, though. I've fully upgraded my base, but haven't touched the barracks, since I only have, like, sixty something units.
Yes, but I don't want to waste an orb just to get 5 more slots for trash. I have plenty of shit duplicates that I probably can't even use for a viable skill sacrifice, so I really just need to clean those out.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:49 pm

It's definitely the team 1, slot 1 character - my summoner support character is still Fallen!Celica since she uses the all around stat spread better than Sharena would.

Seems like Kagero has won the gauntlet, it's not quite over but people are calling it.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:52 pm

Also there was a stream announcing new content:

phpBB [video]

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:53 pm

When's the owl gonna be playable damnit

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:11 pm

It's nice that there's a new mounted healer, and their heal removes debuffs which could be pretty great considering there are a lot of chill skills now that dish out unavoidable stat decreases. I wonder though if you can heal a full health fighter to clear debuffs since you can't currently heal someone at full health.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:12 pm

Grand Conquests sounds cool, like they kinda got pretty close to shoving the duckmeat of Suikoden 3's war battles inside the turkeymeat shell of Fire Emblem Heroes. Mmmyeah. Put yer hands together.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:28 pm

It's probably smart that they're randomly putting you into an army, otherwise people could organise and all join team Anna for hot victory profits. Anna would be totally into that.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:28 pm

Grand Conquest sounds pretty great (and time consuming), but I haven't tried those larger types of battles, yet. I'll have to get right on that.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:42 pm

I cleared the Tiki & Nowi Bound Hero Battle on all difficulties - the hardest one I had to exploit Sigurd. The blue mage would go for him every time even if there was someone else they could probably kill, and he shrugs it off like it's nothing. In the end it came down to Sigurd flanked by a tree with Tiki hitting him every turn. Basically on her turn she would skill and Sigurd would miracle to survive, then on his turn I could heal him back to full, and hit Tiki twice to get back to Miracle even though she would hit me hard. Rinse and repeat and slowly I edged her health down. Nowi just stood back and buffed Tiki which was great for me. Once Nowi was the only one left Gunnthra was able to sweep.

It's fun when you find a method that feels like cheating.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:18 am

It's kind of funny/sad how everyone is freaking out about the pronunciation of "Camus." Like, have you never heard of the philosopher/author?

Also, colored bows?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:25 am

Oh snap, I must've missed the coloured bows bit. That sounds like a really wild wrench to throw into the system all of a sudden. Is that even a thing in normal Fire Emblem games?

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:36 am

Colored bows could be cool. Are they changing existing characters, or is this just new ones?

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:39 pm

Potentially makes bowbreaker a premium skill to inherit, at least once we get some powerful colour bows.