[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:50 pm

Yeah, they're ridiculous. Took me a few tries playing around with the solutions in the following video, but ultimately the solution with Reinhardt and Fallen Takumi worked for me (had to unequip Lissa's staff, though) for Infernal, and his one Lunatic solution at the end worked just fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFAjpYDVFD8

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:54 pm

Still don't use Reinhardt, but yeah I'll try some of the solutions and see what I can do. If you pump up her HP and put her first in rival domains etc she can really mess up pretty much every enemy on the map... especially since they're often clumped together.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:01 pm

Do you not have him, or you don't want to use him because he can be overpowered?

And oh, good idea. I just upgraded two of the three Aversas I got to 5 stars and merged them. I think the rival domain ends tonight... She and my new Kana are already level 40 because I had no life after work today, apparently.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:57 pm

I've pulled a lot of him and have a trained swordhardt but yeah I don't know why I never bothered to train standard Reinhardt.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:28 am

Man, Lloyd's map is a bitch. All of the F2P solutions given require me to level a unit I'd rather not invest in (Gunter, Bartre) or require skill inheritance that I don't have the SP to learn right away (need to grind my Effie tonight) and the one solution that I do have the units for (flyers) isn't working because my Michalis is merged so his HP is too high for Palla's Wings of Mercy, which fucks up the strategy. And Abyssal is probably doable since I wouldn't be tied to 4 units of the same move type, but that won't unlock until I beat Infernal once :/

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:19 pm

Even after doing all the skill inheritance and SP grinding, I still can't get shit to work. Something always goes awry with the AI. Never had this much trouble with any other maps or solutions. Even solutions from other people aren't working for me. Anyone here do Lloyd successfully?

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:27 am

I don't recall if I did that one, it's disappeared again. I don't think i did, I remember the two ninjas being a real pain in the ass.

I got up to 17 orbs, so I figured I'd summon again since that's 4/5 orbs on a round. After summoning 3 times I got Loki and was like WTF!! Yeah apparently I pulled on the wrong banner. I mean hell yeah I got Loki, but also damn it I gotta save again.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:13 am

Heh, I want Loki and Kliff too. But I know they'll be in the normal summoning pool after this, but I'll have to wait for a legendary banner for a chance for maybe one of these units to come back for a short time.

Edit: having difficulties with Valter now, even using a solution where my stats are the same. In one instance, Clarisse is supposed to one-shot a flying unit. Mine leaves her with one HP, despite having the exact same stats. I'm so frustrated. In the other solutions, the AI moves one unit differently and fucks up the whole thing. Every time.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:24 am

In an odd twist of fate, I said "fuck it" and attempted the blessings quests while keeping in mind the red cavalry bait to the right and having an archer/dancer combo and then someone with distant counter. I beat all four of them with relative ease! Haven't tried Infernal yet because I need a break.

I had 20 orbs after those quests, so I pulled again. This time, I was pity broken with Ishtar, who I already have. That's 5 5* non-focus units now... Halloween hates me.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:29 am

Yeah, ran through the Friendship thing and built up some orbs, and still got nothing. I also have not got the Kliff once, in Forging Bonds. The other three have all got their B Conversations, and Loki has almost got her A.

Edit: Hmm. Removed my mask, and got him right away. Interesting.

I find it amusing you can run the Tap Battles at triple time.

I managed to beat Aversa on Hard, but it was iffy towards the end of my third attempt. I'm definitely not up for the higher tiers.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:03 pm

Have you tried the Aversa strategies in the video at the top of this page? He uses common units.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:23 pm

Nah. Though... maybe I should, for the hell of it. I just used my main party. (All 40/5*; Spring Kagero - S Rank, BSW Hinoka, VL Ike, Nephenee)

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:44 pm

Oh snap, didn't notice there was a new Forging Bonds!

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:10 pm

I quite enjoy those. Good use of stamina at the end of the month when all the monthly quests are usually done and the tempest trials are over. I like Owain's wing accessory.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:58 pm

Yeah the wings are cute, I messed around with a bunch of fighters to put them on and I think Katarina is my current #1.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:25 am

Heh, these new banners with all blue units to summon. I actually need quite a few of them, but I didn't get a blue option for my free summon on the one that had Tailtiu (need 5 star), Odin (need 5 star), Reinhardt (wouldn't mind merging to a +7) and Delthea (need). On the other one, I need everyone but Ishtar, and figured it'd be ironic if I pulled her again because I got a dupe yesterday in the Halloween banner, but instead I got... a 4 star Odin.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:13 am

Got really excited when Peri popped up, but then saw
3*...

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:34 am

Beat all of Arvis' blessing quests, woot.

Also, the new Wind Garden map that requires 3 teams was actually quite easy for me. Beat it on the second try, since I didn't have a blue tank left for my third team. Swapped him from my first team and beat the whole thing on my second try. Still can't do the wind map before it, though. The one with New Year's Camilla and Azura. I even gave my Brave Lyn Swordbreaker and while that allows her to double Camilla, she still can't take her out in one shot. And then with Azura behind her, it's impossible to get Lyn out of melee range.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:15 pm

I don't have a third wind team so I didn't try this latest one, but maybe I should throw one together from scraps and see how I go.

Did the 10th floor training map with cav/fliers/infantry to push up to 20 orbs and pull on the halloween banner. I got pity broken by Brave!Veronica, who is admittedly a good unit, but my pull rate is back in the basement so I'm probably done with pulls there.

Veronica is -ATK/+HP so worse than my +ATK/-SPD. Probably gonna merge her.

I trained up Aversa alongside L!Hector, Maribelle, and an Azura who had been floundering at mid levels for ages. Not sure what to do about Loki, since I already have Serra/Veronica/Nanna/Maribelle all as highly trained healers. It's tempting to vore her for the +6 DEF/RES special.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:18 pm

I'd like to finally get a Delthea, for that Del solidarity I guess, but at this point I have a ton of blue tomes and my L'Arachel at a high merge so I'm not sure when she'd see much use unless I happened to pull about eight of them in a row.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:46 pm

Yeah, I feel like I have a lot of blue mages as well, so it's odd that I'm lacking 3/4 of each banner (as 5 stars). I could upgrade Odin and Tailtiu so that I'd only be missing 1/4 of the first, but I don't care about them. For the second, I think they're all 5 star only.

So, who will you guys go for in the gauntlet? I'm thinking Reinhardt out of principle, since mine is a +6. Ishtar is my backup since she's the only other one I have.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:12 pm

Also, have I talked enough about Echoes? I'm replaying it again because Heroes gave me the mojo and I'm still loving it. I don't feel like anyone else here has talked about it. Please play Echoes.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:28 pm

Not sure who I'm gonna back in the gauntlet, so maybe I'll just follow Bier and go with the memelord.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:33 pm

Let's all combine our powers and jump on Team Blutie. It's as close as we'll ever get to a guild feature I guess.

At the rate I'm going I'm guessing my first proper Fire Emblem will be Three Houses unless I go grab a 3DS or try emulating the GBA games. Echoes is high up the to-do list though.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:27 am

I tried the solutions in that video for Aversa, am being caught out by my Quick Riposte sacred seal only being lvl 2 not 3, which means Ike doesn't double Aversa to get rid of her in that first round.

I'm like 15 seal coins away, so I'll get there eventually.