[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:14 pm

I did it with Valter and Bridal!Tharja on the left, and H!Henry and Hardin on the right. Tharja could be any high attack/speed red mage, her purpose is to bait and kill Henry on their first turn, then help with the sword on that side second turn. Valter pretty much just finished off that sword fighter.

It was the other side that's the problem. I can bait Jakob to shoot Henry first turn, but he still has like 56HP and Wary Fighter so you can't double him. I would attack with Hardin to get his HP under 50% but it would get his special charged which can one shot any of my fighters. Switching Bold Fighter on Hardin to Guard meant I denied the special charge and allowed Henry to safely double him to finish.

I may have made it hard on myself using that team, someone like Zelgius or B!Ike can probably solo Jakob with their defense shredding specials.. but I didn't want to shift blessings around!

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:14 am

That's my issue, switching blessings... My Bride Tharja has water, I think, though my Hardin is earth and I was already using him in my attempts. I do have spare blessings, though, so I might just add people, rather than switching people. The blessing restriction definitely adds an artificial difficulty to these maps.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:38 pm

Who do you have with fire blessings so far? Fire is my weakest team for these gardens.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:13 pm

I've got Legendary Ephraim as my automatic one, then:

Red: Soleil, Black Knight, Mage Eirika

Blue: Original Azura, Male Kana, Sumia, Ishtar

Green: Amelia, B!Ike, Gerome, Fae

Colorless: Leon, Nanna

Typing it out like this has me seeing that I'm way too heavy on blue, especially since I'll be using Ephraim for the bonuses. I tried having mage Eirika take Henry but she can't really do it. Hmm. I have spare blessings if anyone has suggestions for gaps to fill.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:56 pm

New video for the CYL. Like last year, we get a free one. Do I pick Veronica, or the one Hector that isn't an axe wielder... I have fell Celica so another red sword Celica is underwhelming to me, and I also have both of the other Ephraims, but armored/axed Ephraim is at least unique...

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:45 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgqfMDov1EE

Yikes these new units. Expect Hector to have basement level speed, because his weapon gives him doubles on defense, and bold fighter gives him doubles on attack.

Deathblow 4 on Celica is pretty hilarious. Double Lion is a pain to activate, especially if she also has low speed it means you have to babysit her HP to keep her doubling people.

Ephraim looks kinda fun to me, if I'm reading it right that B skill is heavy blade and guard together so you deny specials while accelerating your own. With the right team and/or positioning he could be a monster.

Veronica is maybe the one I'd go for though... she has wrathful/dazzle built in (so probably solid attack for a healer) and her C slot is an AOE close defense 2... and she has Sothe's weapon which can swing fights hard and is a real pain.

That Hector is very scary though.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:50 pm

It was between Veronica and Hector to me and you're smart with this stuff so if you're going Veronica, I'm going Veronica (plus, I lack decent staff attackers. I don't have Genny or Meribelle).

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:54 pm

Bier_Engel wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:13 pm
I've got Legendary Ephraim as my automatic one, then:

Red: Soleil, Black Knight, Mage Eirika

Blue: Original Azura, Male Kana, Sumia, Ishtar

Green: Amelia, B!Ike, Gerome, Fae

Colorless: Leon, Nanna

Typing it out like this has me seeing that I'm way too heavy on blue, especially since I'll be using Ephraim for the bonuses. I tried having mage Eirika take Henry but she can't really do it. Hmm. I have spare blessings if anyone has suggestions for gaps to fill.
Is Eirika not fast enough to double him or is she just not powerful enough to burn him down? You can use BK to take out Halloween!Jakob, do you have any Setsunas around for Bowbreaker? I think with Bowbreaker he can probably solo Jakob. I would use L!Ephraim and Ishtar as the other two, though you might need to play around with which sides they go on depending on who can deal with the sword and/or lance.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:17 pm

Bier_Engel wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:50 pm
It was between Veronica and Hector to me and you're smart with this stuff so if you're going Veronica, I'm going Veronica (plus, I lack decent staff attackers. I don't have Genny or Meribelle).
Read it up on reddit (snicker) and yeah it seems the pro strat is to pick Veronica and then draw on blue from the banner to try and snipe yourself a Hector.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:19 am

Veronica kinda looks like the first staff user in ages that I'd ever actually want to field. I'll probably take her first and maybe try for Celica in the banner later just 'cause I like her new look.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:42 am

I chose Veronica, and then pulled for Lance!Hector with the 120 odd orbs I had saved up... so far all i got is a 5.75% pity rate. The team i'm looking at building at the moment is Summer!Robin, M!Corrin, Veronica, and Felicia. I'm kind of tossing up between Felicia and Jaffar, leaning Felicia because she has a ton of resistance to bait mages... as cool as Jaffar's 'mages can't counterattack' weapon refine is.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:37 pm

With the bonus orbs today I managed to pull myself a Hector with -DEF/+RES which makes him a more solid mixed tank, since his DEF with a bane is still a meaty 36.

Just waiting for some hot double SPs to level these new arrivals up.

That leads me to a question, how many 5 star fighters do you currently have sitting at level 1? I've got a bunch that I could level or merge, but they're pretty much just sitting there waiting for someone to vore them.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:51 pm

I think I've leveled all my 5* units to 40 at this point. My new task is deciding which ones to turn into merge projects, and then which 4* duders to promote eventually if I never pull their 5* versions.

Last night I blew my stack of feathers on my L'Arachel merge project. She's up to 40+8 now, three past Leon, who's still sitting at 40+5.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:52 pm

Kagero is my highest merge, at 40+6. Most of the rest of the fighters that have merges are +1 or +2. If we get Spring!Sharena in another event I want to say I would push her all the way up, but if that's the plan I should probably start saving now >.>

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:37 pm

Lucky- I got nothing but crap with my bonus orbs.

I have all of my 5* units at level 40 except for my free Veronica, which is sitting at 30 right now, I think.

I think my highest merge is Reinhart at +6, with masked Marth at +5. Holy shit, that's a lot of L'Arachels.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:02 pm

Yeah, I've had a pretty wild run where every pull on blue recently has had what feels like a 1 in 3 chance of dropping a L'Arachel. It's like my Barst curse on green, but actually useful.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:11 pm

I'm stuck with Bartre on green. Hate that dude so much, not because of his actual character, but because of how often I pull 3* versions of him when going for literally anyone else.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:38 pm

The part that hurts about Bartre is that he doesn' even really have any useful abilities to vore. I guess Fury is okay but it's not a skill that I use much.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:21 am

He's just there to piss me off. For the other colors, at least it seems to vary a bit more.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:13 pm

Well we know what the 'Grounds' part of the Gardens are now, it's a mini squad assault where you need two teams for each element. I guess that's going to require some extra planning!

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:10 pm

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:44 pm

Looks very powerful, but I'm still kinda meh on him. The rest of the banner similarly doesn't really have anyone I super want, I'd perhaps speculate on colourless since I still lack F!Grima and could use more Spring!Kagero merges I guess... but I might mostly skip this.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:18 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:13 pm
Well we know what the 'Grounds' part of the Gardens are now, it's a mini squad assault where you need two teams for each element. I guess that's going to require some extra planning!
I actually beat it today! Took me 3 tries on the first round, but surprisingly only 1 with my leftovers, so to speak, on the second. Makes it easier to pick a team when it organizes by blessing by default, so I'm not overwhelmed with choices. I now have all but one water stage cleared (the one with Legion is still killing me) and I have every wind stage cleared. Waiting for a season change to try the others again.

Also, didn't even realize a new legendary banner was already here. Very underwhelming. I'd like Faye and that Kagero, but other than that, I didn't see much that I care about. With my luck, I'd just get a 3rd Robin if I tried to pull them.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:38 pm

There's some whinging on reddit about it being more effort for the same reward, which I understand... but for me theorycrafting teams is kinda my jam so more chances to play with more teams suits me.

I ended up vore-ing Noire for Infantry Rush onto Inigo, who I run in a team with Kagero and Soleil who don't tend to have a problem activating the heavy blade effect. It's actually working really nice on a dancer since he's often sitting a space or two back.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:44 pm

Nice! I feel like I have an unwanted unit set aside for Infantry Rush (Summer Xander- though maybe I already used him?) but since I don't have Inigo, my dancer Shigure might be a nice fit.