[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:20 am

Flora is so goddamn hard to kill in this Tempest Trial that it's making me want to pull her. That shit always happens... gonna save my orbs until I see who's on the legendary banner, though. Hoping for a trailer tonight but it might be tomorrow night.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:23 am

I'm at about 400 orbs and the only thing I might pull for is a Selkie but I don't even know about that.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:29 am

Save all your orbs until around July for the likely Three Houses banners and pull for your clone Dorothea. (Dayothea?)

I should hit 300 today, though I've noticed you can sink a few orbs into boosting yer Resort gains, so I might do that sometimes just to get the next building.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:18 pm

I've been trying to get that two characters in the same bed glitch to work with no luck XD

I only have 24 orbs, but hey, Tempest Trials help!

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:17 pm

A little Three Houses scene with both versions of the protag

https://twitter.com/FireEmblemJP/status ... 1105527808

note the icon on that account

IT'S YA GIRL

e: and Cipher cards

https://twitter.com/FEcipherENG/status/ ... 9713587201

and a lot of these Famitsu screens are new I think

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201904/25175311.html

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:44 pm

I was leaning towards picking the male protag before but I think I might do the female version now. She's pretty badass, and I like her tights.

I'm also so happy that casual/classic options remain and that a sort of turn-wheel thing a la Echoes will also be in the game. I've proven to myself that I *can* beat classic FE games, but sometimes I'm too damn busy to re-do an hour long map if I make a mistake towards the end.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:06 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zg5OMoaf7M

Finally, we get legendary Alm!!! And he seems decent and has the new pair up thing. Sweet. Keep in mind we'll be getting another Alm alt for CYL too. Same thing happened with Ike, so that's fine.

Red: Leg!Ike (have), Leg!Marth (want), Leg!Roy (want)
Blue: Fjorm (have) [what is with the free units being on this banner?], Christmas Ephraim (want), Nailah (have).
Green: Leg!Hector (have), Christmas Fae (want), Sue (meh but don't have)
Colorless: Christmas Eirika (want), Leanne (have)

So it looks like colorless and red are my best choices this time. I risk a duplicate Leanne and Leg!Ike. Kind of disappointing compared to last month's banner but I also have few orbs so it's fine.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:56 pm

Yeah seems like a strong archer! Looks like he's going to be lightning fast and basically guaranteed two attacks since he nulls any skill that might deny follow ups.

I'll prob pull colourless.

DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Post by DHerder222 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:21 pm

The Fire Emblem collaboration on Dragalia Lost began today, too. Characters available are Marth, Fjorm, Veronica and Alphonse. I'm only familiar with Marth going in.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:35 pm

I'm not sure what that is but now I've got Dragula stuck in my head for the millionth time

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:39 pm

Another gacha game.

DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Post by DHerder222 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:47 pm

Right, this is the one published (not developed) by Nintendo that came out last summer. New IP, though. Fire Emblem is the first Nintendo crossover from them, which has surprised some folks who thought they'd start dipping into those right away.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:16 am

These Golden Week rewards are lit! As for my free pulls and summoning tickets, I have all of the CYL1 units, so I went for B!Ike, since I have the most merges on him (he likes to pity break me) and I got him, of course. For CYL2, I only need Celica, and I didn't get her with any of my free pulls or tickets (but I didn't use orbs so a lot of red went unpulled in those circles). As for my actual orbs, I dumped all 50 or so on the legendary banner for red and colorless and got nothing of value. But, with these daily maps and the TT still going, I should get something by the end.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:42 pm

I dropped what orbs I had on colourless and also got nothing of note. With all these other banners coming out though, I did get a 5-star Fae on the banner she was on. Maybe I should build the little chicken dragon.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:57 pm

I have 542 orbs. I feel like I should spend some on the Alm banner. The rates seem decent for good units and I do need to rebuild on this new account. But I dunno man.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:07 pm

I've gotten into the habit of setting a new floor at each hundred I reach and spending orbs over that amount only when there's someone interesting featured, so if I were you I'd spend like 42 of your 500 then go back to stockpiling.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:26 pm

Delthazar wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:07 pm
I've gotten into the habit of setting a new floor at each hundred I reach and spending orbs over that amount only when there's someone interesting featured, so if I were you I'd spend like 42 of your 500 then go back to stockpiling.
That's actually a good idea. Except I have 607 orbs now. 😩

EDIT: nvm I have 642 now lulz

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:00 pm

John Layfield wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:57 pm
I have 542 orbs. I feel like I should spend some on the Alm banner. The rates seem decent for good units and I do need to rebuild on this new account. But I dunno man.
This is a great banner to do that on. Aside from the risk of duplicate free units, it's completely solid. And well, Ike is good fodder, too.

Speaking of which, I'm thinking that I should fodder my B!Ike rather than merging him. Aether is a great skill but I don't know who to give it too. My +9 Raven is a candidate, but he already has Sol so it's really more of the same thing.

Edit: Ended up foddering him to Nowi based on Gamefaqs advice (said that steady breath was best for dragons with DC). Foddered a random BS unit to her first to give her Luna, so that she'd be able to get Aether from him too. Her original A skill was just res +3 or some bullshit which is embarrassing for a +8 character, so yeah. Glad I improved that.

Also, opinions of Allegiance Battles? I like them, but my score isn't as high as a I'd like, due to the random initial placement and reinforcements. A lot of units suicide on my units of the "wrong" color so I'm not getting all the bonus points, and that's annoying.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:00 pm

I did a couple battles, seemed fun. I don't know much about the paired units, so let me know who is useful for me to set as my assist character - currently it's Spring!Sharena but I don't think her buffs work if she's not in front and she's not very tanky.

Maybe I should set it to Halloween!Kagero or Nephenee or someone tanky if that's more useful?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:18 am

I just have my 10+ Reinhardt as usual. You can set whoever you want, honestly. Whether or not she's useful to someone depends on the team they use, so you have no way of predicting that. But, I've never used Nephanee in Heroes since she's never come home for me, so I'd love to try her out.

Edit: Legendary Alm just came home. Shit IVs but who cares, he's not a duplicate Leann!

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:08 am

Right now my proxy is just whoever's in my team 1/slot 1, which is usually always the last cool banner unit I pulled, so Lethe at the moment. In the interest of being a Good Brother I might put in one of my +10 high rollers even if there's no way to predict team comp. Somewhere there should be a list of units who can wreck shop in any composition but I haven't gone looking for it.

I like Nephenee a lot but she rarely sees any use for no particular raisin. On the occasion that I have rotated her into the field, she seems to perform like a slightly stronger Fjorm, but my memory's hazy and you shouldn't rely on it.

I especially like her as a character though. She'll get a good level-up and say nothing but "yup." I don't usually have my sound on but I think she got the kansai-to-'merican south VA localization which is always fun.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:16 am

Yeah, I've started to like her more since I used her in PoR/RD. She starts weak but gets pretty godly if you use her.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:39 pm

Nepehenee was pretty strong before she got her weapon refine, but after (gains armorsmasher and speed/def stance) she's an amazing physical tank. Combine that with her slaying weapon and wrath B slot and I've had a lot of success just dropping her in front of a bunch of physical units and laying them out. With just 1 cooldown on moonbow basically every counter hit she does is a special... even moreso with wrath readying it whenever she starts a round under 75% hp.

I'll leave it as Spring!Sharena for now, but since y'all will probably play more of this mode than me - just let me know if you find tanky units more useful from your friends and I can make that change.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:01 pm

Then there's me just throwing a Level 40 Virion into everyone's lists.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:32 am

I see that you're also on team Ylgr, FC (your S!Sherena has been joining my team).

Also, it's funny that when I woke up, we were trailing behind Lugh at like 55,000,000 vs 58,000,000. About a half hour later, Ylgr is killing him at 210,300,000+ vs 67,000,000. That's... quite a jump.