[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:12 am

Speaking of orbs, I'm at least happy about these BHB reruns because I apparently didn't finish any of them back when they were new; only the lowest difficulty for most. Easy 4-7 orbs every day so far by just parking W!Sothis in a corner of the danger zone.

E: My weird luck streak of great pulls with bad IVs continues. Only took 9 orbs to get Alm/Celica, but they're -spd. Got my first Python on the process, but he's -atk. At least Python's bane will be easier to merge away. Tempted to pull for Conrad with the 4* chance, but no red orbs showed up on either my initial free pull circle or the second one.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:52 am

I also got Alm/Celica in 9 orbs, with +HP/-RES which seems fine. After all my trying to get Sharena/Alfonse, it did feel good to get the cute couple easily.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:36 pm

Just reached chapter 19 of Sacred Stones (which is where I left off on my first run) and I noticed on my save files that my playtime is literally *double* for my first file. I knew I did a lot of grinding to level up the trainee characters and shit, but I didn't realize I spent that much time doing it.

This time around, I decided to skip those characters and go with mostly people who are already good without hand-holding. I only cleared the tower once, just for the items. Might actually beat the easiest FE game now, instead of grinding so much that I get sick of it XD

E: Did some yolo pulls and got a 4* Conrad! +atk even! But -spd... might pull for a merge after Soren's banner comes back. Gonna get Soren first before doing anything else (385 orbs for him now after that). But yeah, I upgraded Conrad. I hope they do the 4* focus with every seasonal banner.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:22 pm

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status ... 7161057281

I have to wait all the way until Thursday to try for Soren again. Rude.

Thank fuck for save states. As mentioned in the currently playing thread, I beat Sacred Stones, and now I'm doing the endgame shit. Well, this one enemy's attack keeps freezing my emulator. Not sure if it's an emulator specific issue or if that happened on the real cart as well. The annoying thing is, this is a 10 level dungeon and hard saves are not allowed. I don't know how people did it on the actual GBA, especially if say, your batteries were running low or something. You'd have to put in a fresh pair of batteries before starting and basically start right when you got up in the morning on a weekend to clear this thing. And if your game froze, fuck you! Start over! I'm glad modern FE doesn't pull that BS, and thank fuck for save states, because I would have quit for good the last time my game froze, otherwise.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:07 am

Pulled two Valbars this morning with free pulls and one of them was finally +def, so I got that merge project going at +5 now. His support with Leon has already started thanks to this month's Lost Lore. But man, his base kit sucks. No wonder he was a insta-demote. Got some work to do.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:45 pm

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status ... 0380369921

I'll be voting for Leif as far as I can since I don't have him. How about you guys?

Surprised that Edelgard made it since she's in the normal pool, but the free Ike still scored quite high, so I think a lot of people misunderstood the purpose of these votes...

As for the DLC, I'm absolutely loving Yuri just as much as I expected.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:54 pm

Heh, Yuri is trending with like 64k tweets. Probably full of spoilers though, I at least caught a glimpse of stuff like war phase costumes and S-rank artwork, so maybe avoid that tag for now.

Dunno which horse to back in the voting gauntlet, that might be a gameday decision.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:26 pm

I've only seen timeskip Balthus on my Twitter so far and I can't find anyone else... and I'm actively trying.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:42 pm

I did end up spoiling myself on timeskip designs earlier but I won't share my opinions yet since that will give too much away.

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status ... 0410267648

So Nils was already spoiled because the achievement for Google Play was leaked. A lot of people have wanted Rath forever, too, so yay (and he's in the 4* pool for this focus as well). Fiora now has non-alt only status and Leila looks great! I think I may go for her. For those that don't know, she's not even a playable character, but she's popular and a lot of people on my Twitter predicted her. Fiora is actually the most surprising unit here to me, and I still don't think her voice fits how she looks. Heath is the GHB so that's also cool. I just hope they don't fuck him over like they did Haar.

One thing I'm curious about: Obviously, V!Conrad isn't going to stay in the 4* pool forever because he's seasonal. But, are the 4* normal units going to remain as 4* after? Are they basically just telling us who the demote is now?

Edit: I didn't notice at first but it was pointed out that Nils and Fiora are colorsharing. I haven't finished my Spring Marisa yet, nor have I even started with Altena, so yeah, last thing I need is another lance flier right now. Going for Leila for sure, and I'll nab Nils when he returns on a later banner, hopefully. Cruel to do that to all the people who have been wanting Nils for so long.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:35 am

Yeah Leila seems the most interesting to me. Good to see a second dancing dragon.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:57 am

I fucking free-pulled Nils (no colorless stones), which is kind of insane luck, considering tons of people are probably going for him and getting pity broken by Fiora right now. I still haven't had time to get the quest orbs or tickets, so I'll go for Leila later on.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:00 pm

I too got Nils for exactly that raisin (though I actually wanted Leila but got no greys, so blue was the fallback.) Probably the end of my weird wave of freebie luck, which has gotten me a 5* Mordecai, a Brave Ike, that Celica alt, and a Tethys, all within the last few days or so. Two of those were back-to-back freebie pulls, too.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:36 pm

Results for that thing are up. Nothing unexpected.

https://referendum2020.campaigns.fire-e ... -US/result

I don't really have a preference. Got half of them already and no one in the other half really reaches out and grabs me.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:06 pm

Oh, I thought that's been up? But yeah, I only need OG Sothis and Leif.

Not expecting them to win, though. Altina has so much backing behind her. Mine is -Res and as I mentioned, if she wins, she'll be in the free to play pool and thus I won't want to merge her because guides. Not sure what I'll do with my current copy if she wins. W!Sothis at least is better fodder and the copy I pulled is already neutral so if a dupe of mine wins, I hope it's her.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:26 am

Ooh another chance at my Askr duo, nice!

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:08 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCNFCegQI0U

Hmm, so Legendary Chrom seems to have a lot of similar moves to his daughter's legendary counterpart. Sucks that it's the same weapon color and type. I'm tempted but less likely to pull, since I already have L!Lucina. (Ah, but he's a pair up unit... of course. I still would rather have Julia).

Red: L!Eirika (meh), Sothis (want), Phina (meh)
Green: Gunnthra (have), L!Lyn (apparently sucks), Gerik (meh)
Blue: L!Azura (have), L!Julia (oh hey, want!)
Colorless: Duma (want but not badly), L!Alm (have), F!Corrin (want)

Definitely an odd bunch. I'd want Chrom more if he were a bit different from Lucina. However, I have a chance of picking up Julia in the process. Same deal with colorless- 2/3 chance of getting a new unit, and honestly, and Alm merge wouldn't be bad. I don't remember the IV of mine but I'm sure something can be corrected.

Also interesting that OG Sothis and L!Azura are about to be potential free units. That makes me not want to pull red despite not having any of the red units this time around, and a little worried to pull blue.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:38 am

Yeah I don't know what to think about this banner, there's no colour I'm super into. Chrom seems alright, though it looks like he's gonna be hella slow which means he will prob rely on effective damage and/or the quick riposte seal.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:21 pm

I think I already have most of the folks I want in that banner, the rest I'm not that into. Cool to see a new Chrom though.

Besides, I've already burned my orbs on Double Special Heroes and may continue burning my orbs there for Neph or a witchy Mia merge since I've been lucky enough so far to get the Laegjarn and Lyn. Psst: more banners should isolate the 5* focus like this, please, okay

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:54 am

Update notification time:

2 units from Echoes get a refine and they aren't Leon. I think they're fucking with us at this point.

Of the 3 new pieces of music being added, yet another is from 3 Houses. That's fine, but I think we have more music from 3 Houses at this point than units. Again, I think they're fucking with us.

On the bright side, they're removing quest notifications for FEH pass for those that don't subscribe. Wow, they actually listened to our feedback? Because I definitely sent feedback about that, and I know I'm not alone. Only took a month. So, they did nothing to actually improve the FEH pass or anything, but this is... something.

The Divine Codes stuff is so convoluted that I'm just going to wait and see how that works in practice.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:39 pm

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status ... 0180161537

Early trailer! Well, I was hoping for 3H and not disappointed! I figured Lysithea was coming due to the tease at the end of the FEH channel.

Once again, though, we get 2 Black Eagles characters. There's definitely an obvious bias now. That said, Bernie's got a nice bow and a full kit. Way to blow B!Lyn out of the water!

I know Annette can wield axes and her relic is an axe (but I thought it was a magic one?) but I still think of her as a mage so this is a bit weird.

I was expecting "I am Ferdinand von Aiger!" as his reveal quote but I guess the joke is too old even to the devs. I was excited to see Ferdie but wow, what a shitty kit (and he's the demote). Still going to support him with Hubert, probably.

They did not disappoint with Lysisthea. Nice!

Flame Emperor GHB. I can take or leave that character, honestly, but here's hoping they don't have a generic weapon like all of the last ones.

Glad I have about 450 orbs saved! Going for Bernie and Lys for sure, and Ferdie as a 4*.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:39 pm

Wow that's a lot of orbs! I'm sitting at around 100. Will do a couple cheeky pulls for Bern or Lys. Annette's adaptive damage weapon is interesting at least. Kind of expected Bernadetta to have a "solo" skill in her kit.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:04 pm

And since she's ranged, it's easier for her to pull off. I almost never activate the solo skills of armored or infantry units due to skills like rallies or other movement skills, and it's annoying.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:35 am

Welp, Altina won the voting gauntlet. I guess that means I get to merge mine and maybe get rid of my speed boon :pac

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:01 am

Meh. Mine has a res bane that would be nice to get rid of, but now that she's a FTP unit, I'm scared to merge her and fuck up guides. Would having 2 improve AR scoring, or does it not work that way?

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:32 am

Ooh I hadn't thought about her going in F2P guides. Feel like this made PM1's guides a lot easier.