[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:52 am

Oh hey, bound hero battle banner. Is it worth it to go for Claude if I already have Bernadetta and like, every other bow cav?

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:44 am

I remember liking using him when I did, but I forgot already what he does differently to the others so perhaps mostly for collectors sake.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:34 pm

I don't think I used my Claude much after I got him to 40 so I can't remember how he is in FEH very well. I have a Lyn at a +1 or +2 so she usually always takes my bowcav slot when I need one.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:39 pm

Cool. I'll just wait for his brave variant, then. Thanks!

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:42 pm

I wonder if Brave Claude will still be standard cav or one of his two flyer classes.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:50 pm

I hope he's a bow flier with Failnaught.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:55 am

I managed to pull a Annette, I guess only because I didn't get a red on that summoning round otherwise she'd be Lys. :pacdown Anyway, +Atk/-Res, a good IV for once, though I haven't checked the wiki braintrust yet.

Hoping I can still get Lys with the eight days remaining for the full banner set but I'm not holding my breath.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:08 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px1pBo7URSA

Holy shit. So I knew colorless tomes were datamined, but holy shit, the powercreep. Definitely going for this character. Can't say I was expecting them, though. I was expecting Athos instead. At least I was correct in my FE7 guess. (I'm noticing patterns with the normal banners and the mythics we get a month later, so, we should get a 3H character at the end of April, I'd say).

Blue: Fjorm (snore), L!Tiki (have), Peony (snore)
Red: L!Roy (have), B!Alm (need), Altina (snore)
Green: B!Michaiah (have), Thrasir (wouldn't mind a bane merge), Mamori (need)
Colorless: Robin (snore), B!Camilla (need)

Lots of free units on this banner, but I'm clearly pulling colorless with green as my backup.

Edit: Just realized this new character is going to render my triple chill Soren useless :freakout:

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:44 pm

I don't think chills are going to be affected, it sounds like it's just goad/ward and stuff that gives non-visible buffs to allies.

Also yeah, who is this guy? Was he a boss in FE7?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:53 am

Not a boss, but an important, ageless figure type of person. Used to be good friends with Athos (the person I figured would be the mythic) who is also a super-old, super-powerful wizard dude. He (Athos) joins at the end at max level, basically ensuring that if you suck, you can still do damage to the final boss.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:59 am

So a Crowley or Mazus kinda dude. Got it.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZgqzFxlYcU

I was expecting a FEH channel yesterday actually so I'm surprised the banner trailer and channel got split.

Loving the old school in the beginning... Oh shit, they're actual maps! Cute! And they reward 8-bit accessories! I actually really like this.

Byleth (male): "Continues to look for lost items within Askr's walls" (made me laugh). Female Byleth and Edelgard also have funny descriptions.

But... that's it? As cute as that was, it was hardly a FEH channel. Usually a FEH channel gives upcoming info about new game modes, and since it's April, there are usually yearly demotes, and Golden Week info... So A for effort and cuteness, but we learned nothing new about what's upcoming in the actual game :/

Edit: Some people are saying this is just an April Fool's prank but it's still only March 30 in my timezone, so I thought it was real. I guess we'll see. I do hope those 8 bit accessories are real. We did get that orb accessory last year, after all.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:56 am

Not even April here in the future yet (for a couple hours), so ill timed if that was the intent.

Spent about 50 orbs on the new banner, got Peony and first Brave!Camilla. Also today got my first Spring!Xander from the other banner, so that was nice... though looking at his skills wow the older units really are way behind new ones.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:02 am

Spring Xander wasn't even good when he was new. I remember thinking (and keep in mind, that was the first seasonal banner ever) "wow, imagine spending orbs on a limited seasonal and getting... that." Sorry. At least you have a joke weapon fodder? Although that's how I felt about the summer Xander that I got 2 of during an unfortunate legendary banner run and I think I just burned him for infantry pulse instead. Xander's seasonals keep getting the shaft.

I spent about 110 orbs. First 5* was that Thrasir merge that I wouldn't have minded but... they're both +def. I feel kind of stupid merging a +def mage that doesn't have close counter, so I don't even know what to do. Maybe keep both of them around for AR? And then I got Bramimond towards the end... -atk of course, because fuck me. I had another colorless stone on that session so for shits and giggles I pulled it, and ended up with B!Camilla right after.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:16 am

I do love that Spring Xander's sprite horse has a carrot in its mouth, it's super cute... and since he doesn't even really have any good inheritable skills I'll keep him around.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:12 pm

oh hey another one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdCU1M-Kefs

I didn't realize the 30th anniversary was this month.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:38 pm

Yep, 4/20 is the FE anniversary, heh. That's why it's Lucina's birthday, too.

Feh's new voice is way less annoying. I like it.

The Leads thing: lol at the sword joke. I need Leif, OG Ike, OG Celica, and... that's it. It says the colors are random, but I'll pull red if I can. Though that's a lot of room for a dupe, too.

"I didn't realize pants hadn't been invented yet" lol. Aww, babby Marth and Caeda. I wonder who the others are? Hoping for Ike and Soren.

The limited hero battles sound genuinely fun! That'll help with my "who the hell do I pick?" syndrome. SEARCH BY NAME IS FINALLY A THING!!! Thor, finally. Searching by game is great too. Feh says "Ferdinand von Aegir" but the man himself doesn't...

Rarity changes. This is what I was here for. Yay, no more Tethys pity breakers. Was hoping for older heroes to be demoted, though...

I predicted the next banner would be Fates. Last dedicated one was prior to 3H last summer, and we just got 3H. Midori and Forrest! I've been wanting them for a long time! And holy shit, that counter that lets you choose! That's awesome! Great for people with bad luck. Also noticed that Forrest was summoned at 4* in the video so he must be the insta-demote... which means he'll suck, but I don't care; still want him.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:30 pm

Yeah some fun stuff there. The 5 star lead thing seemed like a selector, if it's just a pick a colour kinda deal then meh.

Limited Hero Battles better not have reinforcements! No dancing is nice though.

Forrest seems like the hero that appeals most to me of those new four, though there was distant counter and close counter observed in the preview, wonder if those are weapon-bound.

40 summon pity selector is nice, also gives me an orb target to aim for next time there's a hero I really want. Interesting that it encourages opening all 5 orbs on each pull since the orb cost would be lower than trying to colour focus.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:44 pm

I wonder if that 40 summons is roughly equal to what the pity rate averages out to normally.

In the event of an extremely unlikely bad luck streak forcing 40 consecutive snipes, that's 200 orbs, so not terribly useful for banners which I'd normally just collect my freebie and maybe a few impulse pulls for kicks, but on any banner that I actually care about, it'll be really useful, so I'm happy we have it.

I'm sure I've probably dropped 150-200 on most recent banners with must-have newcomers over the last couple years when I've had the stockpile to do so. Doubt I've gone more than three or four summon rounds with only one or none of the colour I want, either.

gonna need a little stoner Lucina fanart for her birthday. :disco

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:58 pm

I think this update means I'll be more likely to pull full circles. Haven't really done that since the game was new and I only cared to fill my barracks.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:35 am

Scored a free Hector on today's weekly repeat banner. Who wants distant counter?

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:55 pm

Units with solid mixed defenses love distant counter, though typically you want it to be someone with a great weapon or raw stats to start with, because DC doesn't come with any stat boosts that you'd normally get in the A slot. That typically means armor units.

So far I've inherited DC to Panne (love it) and Fir (not great). Any dragon unit who doesn't have their own DC are a good shout (Idunn, Duma), basically you're trying to create a mage slayer so someone with good RES is the basic criteria.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:04 pm

I considered Idunn but she has her own premium A slot skill. I also have a +3 Kjelle that seems like she could use it, or maybe my +7 Valbar that I plan to +10, but I already invested a Surtr into his A slot.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:15 pm

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status ... 7991373824

We've got the trailer with their skills now.

Midori is already one of my faves but now she has basically an upgraded close counter, and I don't have a red bow unit yet, so now I really need her!

Likewise, it seems Rinkah has a similar upgrade of distant counter, as well as an almost complete kit. Never cared for her, though, so I'll skip her for now.

Poor Forrest has nothing new, but at least has a semi-complete base kit compared to most healers.

I'm pretty sure Lillith is the first flying blue dragon that isn't legendary-locked so that's neat. Still, I personally need more green dragons. She has another weapon that relies on a support partner, like Leila, so I think that will become more common.

There's also some voting jubilee promotion going on but whenever I try to vote, it takes me to an identical page but in Japanese, rather than giving me my options...

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:46 pm

Yeah Midori's close counter looks basically better than CC itself (only dragons can hit her without counters), but Rinkah's one is kinda weird - it gives stat boosts but only works vs daggers and bows, so kinda questionably useful in the A slot since most 2 range heroes are mages.

Lilith's weapon is interesting in that it's player phase only. Support partners (and summoner support) aren't calculated on defense teams. I wonder if pairing her with M!Corrin would give insane in combat buffs.