[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:01 pm

Finally managed to complete the second wind garden, which was a nice 5 orb gain. Nothing out of the banner though, still scrounging up every orb I can.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:25 pm

I did another round of 20 and got... Legault. This is getting ridiculous. I've spent at least 160 orbs (lost count) on this banner with no focus character to show for it. This is by far the most I've spent to not get *something* from the banner.

Edit: Trying a bunch of videos for the Infernal Ephraim and Myrrh battle but nothing is working for me. It'll start out fine, but towards the end, one or more units will move differently than they do in the videos, and I can't figure out why. This is with 4 different configurations so far. Anyone here beat it?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:29 pm

There's another new fucking banner on Tuesday and I don't even have any of the latest banner's units yet. The sigh.

But we get Loki! It's a weird mixed banner... the next unit is Kliff (I like him in Echoes but he doesn't seem super impressive here) and then Owain (proto-Odin). The grand hero battle will be Aversa, who I'm interested in.

So yeah, probably going to snipe for Loki in this one. Don't care so much for the others in the summoning pool.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:49 am

Haven't beat Infernal E&M, for the most part I don't go deep on these, especially against tanky units like Myrrh.

The new banner seems interesting, my first thoughts on fortress def/res was "wth this is way too strong" but then it's basically def/res bond but you lose attack. I'll probably stick to the halloween banner, I'm at 4.75% rate now...

The latest Elemental Grounds needs THREE teams, which is getting out of hand.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:26 pm

Yeah, I didn't do well in the latest grounds battle.

Lucky, with the 4.75%. I pulled again this morning and only got 3 stars...

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:24 am

Beat the paralogues. Pulled my free summon and the other colorless orb on the new banner for Loki. Nada. Had 20 orbs left over for Halloween. Nada. When will this dry spell end?

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:34 am

I tried for Owain with my free pull, nothing. Didn't think about the paralogues, I'll have to dive in there for some orbs.

The free Marisa was my first copy of her, so that's nice. No idea how good she is.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:10 pm

Fuckin' finally!

+HP/-RES, ain't complaining, not like I'm gonna keep pullin' for a dupe with +ATK or +SPD.

Also: introducing...

First +10 merge project complete! Now I just need to put more thought into her skill build, and ponder whether or not I wanna swap that tome out for something else. She doesn't appear to have a refinable weapon yet. 🤔

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:41 pm

Damn, dude. Congrats!

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:13 pm

Nice pull on the Witchy!Mia. In terms of Tharja, do you run her in a team that gives a lot of buffs? It's kind of necessary to run blade tomes, otherwise something like an Owl Tome is real strong since it gives spectrum stats for nearby allies.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:14 pm

I've got to say that watching and following along with videos for the Grand Hero battles has helped me outside of them greatly, just with keeping better strategies in mind and actually not being lazy and swapping both seals and skills. I've got 3 of the Abyssal stages done now, and all the Infernal counterparts are at least done once for the checkmark and 1st reward, even if I don't have every quest (blessing or move type) done. Some just aren't working for me because my IVs are different from the video maker's, so units are moving differently and I can't follow the strategy by the move when that happens. Keep in mind that before, I had 0 Infernal maps completed, so it's a start.

But, got all of Camus' blessing quests done on my own, since it's pretty much impossible to do blessings guides due to variance of placement. Some teams even worked so well that I went back to their gardens and used the same teams on the unfinished maps there. Got 2 fire ones knocked out and 1 or 2 earth ones.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:22 pm

Nice! I really should look into the chain challenges and squad assaults, I've done like one of each and probably have the roster to take them on now.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:23 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:13 pm
Nice pull on the Witchy!Mia. In terms of Tharja, do you run her in a team that gives a lot of buffs? It's kind of necessary to run blade tomes, otherwise something like an Owl Tome is real strong since it gives spectrum stats for nearby allies.
I've sorta just been winging it so far. :pac I like the idea of switching to an Owl though.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:26 pm

I do the chains on normal mode when I'm trying to farm SP for people quick, but I forget about them otherwise and don't even have all the normal ones done. Yeah, I should do that too.

As for squad assaults, I managed the first one very recently, and I'm struggling with a later map on the second (since you can't lose a single unit in those). I have the roster but given the stamina requirement, I'm less likely to try again right away after a mistake. Granted, I have over 600 stamina potions. I don't know why I'm so afraid to use them XD

Edit: Used other people's videos and now Navarre's quests are all done except cavalry. My issue with everyone's cav strats is that they involve either a Gunter/Jagen as a buff bot, or the hone cavalry skill that is inherited from one or both of them, and I always considered those units trash and sent them all home or ate them for other skills already, so I don't have them to fodder or level up.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:04 am

Built up to 20 orbs to pull on the banner again, two colourless... no 5 stars. Built up again (Robin BHB) and two reds... no 5 stars. I'm up to a 5.0% draw rate now.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:57 am

Oh wow. Hopefully you'll get someone good next time.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:00 pm

Has anyone beaten all of the Lunatic blessings quests for Legion? I apparently beat the wind one already (don't remember doing so) but I'm having a hell of a time with the rest, despite Fjorm and Ike being in the F2P solutions for the Infernal solution. I watched a video of someone doing the water blessings quest and was all, "oh, I can duplicate that!" until my units didn't hit hard enough. Went back in the video and noticed his Nino was a +9 (mine's unmerged because I use her lesser starred versions for Draw Back fodder), his Ryoma was a +6 (don't have him at all, and my substitute was nowhere near as good stat-wise) and his Reinhardt was a +10 (Mine has a different blessing so I was using a merged L'Archel, but yeah, wasn't the same). Yeesh.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:36 pm

Looks like Fire blessing is the only one I haven't done, which seems weird since fire is one of my stronger elements. I probably used my cav team and Miracle!Sigurd to do the wind version.

You could put axebreaker onto Arvis or Valter or any strong red mage to probably burn down a bunch of the Legions.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:40 pm

I don't have an upgraded Arvis, and Valter is a blue lance unit (so I'm guessing you meant someone else?) but I can try to put axebreaker on another red mage and see how it goes. I think my bride Tharja is water. Thanks!

Edit: Shit, already beat it! Didn't even need axebreaker or a seal. Just replaced my red sword unit (since that's what the video used) with B!Tharja and she got the job done after 2 tries requiring better positioning. Thank you!

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:53 pm

Oh right Julius is who I meant (the other strong free red mage). Nice that you got it though, Legion has garbage magic defense :P

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:59 pm

You are somehow magic. I beat the fire and earth quests very quickly after posting about beating the water one with Tharja. Just required a character switch in each case and a few attempts at different baiting and positioning (didn't even see your magic defense comment until after, but that's good to know, because one of the garden quests I can't beat has Legion in it). I was getting so frustrated earlier, but it came relatively easy to me just now. I will consider you a blessing! All done with Legion's quests for the year.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:02 pm

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:04 pm

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:15 am

Pretty sure this is a record. Pity broken for the 4th time on the Halloween banner. This time, with female Kana. I actually wanted her and tried to pull her during her original banner, so I'm not mad, but at this rate, I'm wondering if I should bother anymore.

Haven't tried the Aversa battle yet. Looking forward to promoting her, though.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:16 am

Tried the Aversa battle, the basic one was okay but I can't keep up with the reinforcements on the second tier. Aversa's tome really is trouble to deal with!